Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rethea View Post
    I really don't get these continued complaints of "destroying server community"... You're free to make friends and regroup with anyone you meet in LFG and as a vanilla player, I'll tell you that none of the 10+ servers I've been on had any semblance of community (okay, there was some, but it was all negative). I'll take the ability to actually get a group over the slight off chance that I'd meet someone I'd want to do server-only things with.
    The point most are trying to make is LFG is the reason their isn't any semi balance of community anymore. People can group with four other random people from a group of over 10m(?). If someone wasn't dpsing properly most groups just kick them and have a new person in there faster then it would be to tell them the best rotation for them or actually just help them to be a better player. People stopped helping each other when the lfg thing came around. No one will stop to explain boss fights any more, No one listens to anyone else in the party anymore. No one matters. Prime example, is when you tell the dps to kill the ghosty adds at the end of zg because you're a druid healer and they will stick to you like glue... Then they dont. Then you die. Then you do it again... and again. Then the healer gets blamed each time after telling them to kill the adds... Only for the healer to not be listened to and thus.. wipe again resulting in people either leaving or the healer getting /kicked for being a "bad." cause hes unable to withstand a few dozen ghosts wacking away at his health with 20k hits... Not that I couldn't kite them but when they get to a certain point..... Its a smidge hard to dodge out of range for each one.. while staying WITHIN range to heal them. kinda gets a litttttle crowded.

Which that sort of attitude is all thanks to LFG its easier to leave party or kick someone then it is to actually listen or explain. Where as, if you're restricted by server then being a douchebag, or a ninja, or what have you has repercussions and people actually act like human beings to one another instead of treating them like a health buffer, a meatshield.. people actually respect one another when you stay within your community. With lfg. No one cares about another person and they're all to quick to blame someone else or w/e. Sure lfg was great for the fact it helped balance out the server's for dungeons and what not... Sure it makes running dungeons easier. But going cross server, made the way you treat other people... Not matter. just my .02% based solely on what i've encountered while dpsing and healing.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodMcChuck View Post
    Wait, a second. "Lord Afrasastrasz no longer offers the option to disable the Power of the Aspects buff in Raid Finder mode." The 5% nerf also applied to LFR as well?

No, that's why they removed the option to disable it. There's no buff to disable.

Considering they wont merge servers, LFD is the only reasonable option. Roughly half of the European servers are pretty much wastelands and people just transfer their guilds to about 10 servers which rose to 20-25k population when guild transfers became available. We just transfered our guild too, since our server was unbelievably dead. They could easily merge the low pop realms and just take offline about 20 realms. I'd agree that all this automatisation takes some fun out of the game, where you have to actually do something instead of placing yourself in queues, but it is also convenient most of the time, and now once it was introduced we're simply spoiled. I couldn't really live without LFD (if I want to do a dungeon) since it's slow as hell to just fly to the instance portal, let alone find a group of people. I even go this far, that without the guild summoning perk, I wouldn't even bother going to raids - we're just lazy. Bottomline is, it is to late to remove LFD and Battleground queues. As for douche bags in LFD, I don't even listen, I just zone out and do my job and hope that it's over soon, not because of bad groups, you can finish any instance with a 3 guys AFK, but because dungeons get boring as hell. Altho they said they can't do it properly, they should really invest in procedural generated dungeons - at least then you get something new each dungeon. They could have some static dungeons like we have now and some procedural generated - would be a lot more fun seeing something "new" each time as to do the same old same old all the time.

Oh really. Most guilds / people wich move seem to only join the bandwagon following the "hardcore" guilds. If they would've stayed put, nothing would've been like this. People create dead servers because they think the grass is greener on the other side.

Pandaren Mounts
    The pandaren mount is still being finalized, so what you’ve heard (or seen) are just rumors at this point. Obviously we want the mount to be something awesome, which will take some time to perfect. In addition to the pandaren mount, expect to see a ton of new mounts in Mists of Pandaria. In fact, if any of the new creatures being added in the next expansion look up to the task, I’m sure the developers are looking for ways to throw a saddle on them so they can adventure through Azeroth with our heroes. Though I’m sure some are more comical looking than others. :P Anyway, once the information is ready, we’ll get it out to all of you. Trust! (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Wait... wouldn't it be weird for bears to be riding mounts.... I mean it was oblivious that it would be weird for werewolves aka worgen to ride mounts. God
    blizzard is such a a mess its really its pathetic, but I'm sure blizzard will think of something more interesting than more horses, oh excuse me bareback horses, oh i know lets let the panderan ride bareback wolves thats new and fresh right.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    i think theres a typo they said they werent gona nerf lfr
    Hotfix says he no longer offers the option, which makes complete sense if selecting the option did nothing.

I'd honestly rather get a talent point every 2 levels gaining a small increase than getting one point every 6 levels. Looking at the tree I will have as a Shaman makes it seem like I will have very little to no increase per point compared to another class like the Mage tree for example. Yes, I do understand that you don't want every class to have every option to choose between new cooldowns, spells, and dramatic passives but looking at the Shaman tree makes me rather play another class that I have less interest in making my main because their tree offers more exciting talents to look forward to in Mist.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidone View Post
    Oh really. Most guilds / people wich move seem to only join the bandwagon following the "hardcore" guilds. If they would've stayed put, nothing would've been like this. People create dead servers because they think the grass is greener on the other side.
    Why would anyone do that?
    I think it's quite the opposite, most guilds would rather be near the top on progress on their realm (even they may not be the fastest) as to jump to a realm where they will end up being in the top 200.

Well, whatever the cause, servers are pretty much empty, aside a few which are close to overpopulated, and it's understandable. If you just look at AH prices on dead realms, you pay 1500G for leg armor as opposed to 350-500g on populated realms, 250g for a Greater Celestial Essence ~~~, I'd rather move to a realm where I don't spend 100k gold per week for basic stuff.
    Last edited by F-Minus; 2012-02-03 at 05:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    who ever was asking those question was a complete utter douche. imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gief Male Pandarean with the title: "I'm a girl"

Nothing about absurdly visible weapon enchants with Transmog :-/

Mcdonalds got way more customers, than any michelin restaurent in the world.I guess Mcdonalds must be making better food, atleast according to the way the WoW devs are looking at things.

Why would people make their own groups instead of LFD when there's no Valor Point reward, no gold reward, no 15% buff and because of all that and more no others to group with?"There's nothing stopping you" is such a retarded argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Rioo View Post
    Why would people make their own groups instead of LFD when there's no Valor Point reward, no gold reward, no 15% buff and because of all that and more no others to group with?"There's nothing stopping you" is such a retarded argument.
    At least you got 1 of 3. There is a valor point reward and gold reward if you make your own group.

Quote Originally Posted by fr0d0b0ls0n View Post
    At least you got 1 of 3. There is a valor point reward and gold reward if you make your own group.
    No, there's not. You only get that from using the LFD tool. Before LFD you had a daily to kill the end boss to get the highest tier emblem, now you queue up for a random LFD.
    Last edited by Rioo; 2012-02-03 at 09:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cunning of the Cruel will now trigger its Shadowbolt Volley approximately three times as often, but will deal approximately one third as much damage. This results in the tooltip for the item being incorrect, but should moderate its burst damage in PvP.
    Oh well , i guess all good things must come to an end.

Deleted
    Blizzard! WHY you no make 64-bit EU client?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Can someone who's good with PC's explain me what the benefit of the 64-bit version is?
    wow can use more memory, with 32-bit they are stuck at 3.5gb, with 64bit blizz is able to use as much memory as possible. If you have a system with 8GB of Ram wow can use as much memory as the os is giving wow.
    Last edited by Hirork; 2012-02-03 at 10:31 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    800k subs lost last quarter but the new features are great and extremely popular.....sigh. LFG is "popular" cos people are forced into running it in order to improve gear and stay competitive within their guild - for small casual raiding guilds it's a must. Not a choice. Oh, and it's really popular with healers! They just love it when 15+ dpsers stand in shit all over the place, ignoring every single fight mechanic hoping someone will carry them through the fight.

Ah well, 6 years is a long time to be playing one game. Canceled both my accounts last week...thought it would be hard, that I'd miss it...Other then the habit of checking the news/forums, hanging around with guildies on TS, life goes one without wow just fine.

The important thing is, The Blues are thrilled with the game....Blizz should note that they don't pay money to play it....

Quote Originally Posted by F-Minus View Post
    Why would anyone do that?
    I think it's quite the opposite, most guilds would rather be near the top on progress on their realm (even they may not be the fastest) as to jump to a realm where they will end up being in the top 200.

Well, whatever the cause, servers are pretty much empty, aside a few which are close to overpopulated, and it's understandable. If you just look at AH prices on dead realms, you pay 1500G for leg armor as opposed to 350-500g on populated realms, 250g for a Greater Celestial Essence ~~~, I'd rather move to a realm where I don't spend 100k gold per week for basic stuff.
    Actually that's true, not for every case, but it happens. When they launched the Brazilian servers, ppl flooded the server where most of the best guilds went (actually even the best guilds from each US server avaiable to transfer decided to chase each other on the same server, lol).

Basically ppl that follow want to have guilds were they can join waiting for a "free ride to epics" and other guilds want to be able to get good players from each other.

---------- Post added 2012-02-03 at 11:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by weetigo View Post
    64bit: One big plus is the improved loading screen times; seconds instead of a half-minute to minute load times in the old 32bit.
    Humm... loading screen times are more like to be affected by faster HDs... unless you keep coming back and forth the same place like teleport to the same dungeon, teleport back to the place you were, then teleport back to the same dungeon... and only if you have enough ram for that. Even that way, at least the 1st time you load both places, they'll take as long as others.

Anytime you're loading a new place, you'll start reading from your HD.

---------- Post added 2012-02-03 at 11:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mrwingtipshoes View Post
    People will bitch about anything won't they? Blizzard removes stupid requirements like seeing trainers, people complain. Really? REALLY? Removal of any pointless inconvenience is a good thing.
    Lol, arcade/fps player talking here, right? lol. In other games, they have trainers everywhere in those small towns. Even WoW used to have trainers in towns the size like goldshire (wich happens to show up in almost every questing map, there is always a decent town hub). Blizzard's fault deciding that everything should happen in Stormwind/Orgrimmar/Shattrat/Dalaran...

Adds flavor to a game that isn't supposed to be a arcade/fps game.
    Last edited by VanishO2; 2012-02-03 at 11:39 AM.