Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Not trying to rub people the wrong way here, but isn't this thread getting kinda off topic?
    This is a thread about "How alt friendly GW2 will be", but it seems the topic has turned to "Why do I have to pay for my character spots?"
    Yes, the amount of character spots influences how alt friendly GW2 is going to be, but that doesn't mean it's a key issue.

All I want to say is, you might want to start a new thread about it all together.

Deleted
    I think the answer to the OP have been given already, but yes this is getting slightly out of topic ^^

I dont really know what alt friendly means but i know WoW tried to make alts easier to have with BoA gear and a badge system, also reducing exp levels for each expansion and for vanilla. But GW2 has a flat leveling curve and sidekicking for zones which are highly replayable so there is no rush to get every profession to level 80. So i dont think GW2 will be reducing leveling time after expansions or add gear that increases your exp. They already have the server buffs that you get from winning WvWvW and one of those is increased Exp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitepepper View Post
    I'm curious as to whether people think this will be an alt friendly. For a point of reference I don't consider WoW to be alt friendly because I lose access to mounts, achievements, pets (currently at least) etc. I feel like I'm giving up alot of tedious work if I reroll there. This makes me feel pigeonholed into playing a main. When it comes to Guild Wars 2 I'd like to try several different professions. Alot of people here know more about the game than I do, so I'm asking if I'll be able to play three or four different professions without feeling like I've lost something when switching between them.
    I think GW2 will be the most alt friendly mmo ever released. Not one thing makes me say this, but more of how the whole game is designed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the fact that this thread has turned into a "Someone has voiced a valid concern they have so everyone needs to convert them to thier own reasoning!".

Someone really should close this thread; I am tired of seeing gamers (and even the moderators) post replies to shoot down and insult someone that has thier own concern about something that they feel is a necessity.

Get back on topic with the Original Post and stop arguing with one another, you guys are turning this thread into garbage.

OT: I honestly like the way SWTOR (example) does thier alt system. They give you nothing when it comes to titles or items for your toon, but they have a very cool Legacy system that allows you to relate your characters to one another. I am not a fan of them allowing you to play through once and then giving you everything on your second play-through; otherwise, what's the point of playing it a second time?
    Last edited by ShamanTankFTW; 2012-02-04 at 10:24 PM. Reason: cleaned it up a bit

10+ Year Old Account
    incredibly alt friendly.

Say your playing with friends, after leveling your mains 1 of you stays on his main the rest go on alts, after reaching level 5 you use an asura gate to get to your 80 friend.
    He side kicks you all to 80 and you go do level 80 stuff together.

In pve and non rated pvp you would only have the skills you unlock as you go starting with 1, you should have 2 before your 5.
    In rated pvp you get all your skills unlocked and a stat boost.

They could almost remove leveling completely.

As for mounts pets achivements and dye colors they are all account bound, well mounts wont be in game for a while actually.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    incredibly alt friendly.

Say your playing with friends, after leveling your mains 1 of you stays on his main the rest go on alts, after reaching level 5 you use an asura gate to get to your 80 friend.
    He side kicks you all to 80 and you go do level 80 stuff together.

In pve and non rated pvp you would only have the skills you unlock as you go starting with 1, you should have 2 before your 5.
    In rated pvp you get all your skills unlocked and a stat boost.

They could almost remove leveling completely.

As for mounts pets achivements and dye colors they are all account bound, well mounts wont be in game for a while actually.
    Mounts will more than likely never be in game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    Mounts will more than likely never be in game.
    We can only hope.

Deleted
    True that, I believe that with Gw2 system there is hardly any need for a mount. Some classes already have some "increased movement" ability and I guess there will be other increases within the game itself. Mounts ruin the fun and are only needed in games where travel is long and not instant (like wow flight paths) or when there are so many of them that they become a collector's addiction lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    We can only hope.
    I still enjoy them, but more for their cosmetic look. Not because of their speed increase. So if they would bring it in as that, purely cosmetic, I'd be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    actually this convinced me, it sounds fair...the more you play, the more you need, the more you pay...but still they should make it more clear about what will be available and what will need extra cash and how many character slots will be available from the start and how much storage you will have..some things even casuals needs them a lot.
    Why? The game doesn't have it's open beta yet and no release date yet. You can demand these things from them, but it's no use since it's not close to release that. Just let it go.