Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Now that's what I call sexy!

This is absolutely amazing.

added Uldum and Silithus screenshots
    Last edited by rkma; 2012-02-06 at 04:33 AM.

It all just looks so so very pretty!

10+ Year Old Account
    how long till its available for a download? its looking great!
    (can you pretty pretty please make a download in creative and one in survival?)

Uldum looks awesome from above
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Quote Originally Posted by Luceo View Post
    how long till its available for a download? its looking great!
    (can you pretty pretty please make a download in creative and one in survival?)
    What would the difference be? Can't you change it arbitrarily?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsesakama View Post
    What would the difference be? Can't you change it arbitrarily?
    can you o.o

Quote Originally Posted by Luceo View Post
    can you o.o
    If there isn't a way to do it in game, there is definitely a way using tools. I can't honestly remember because I'm so used to changing stuff like spawn points, etc. by directly editing the game files.

Deleted
    Sir, your work is insanely cool. Kalimdor seen from above reminds of my old Age of Empires games

If there isn't a way to do it in game, there is definitely a way using tools. I can't honestly remember because I'm so used to changing stuff like spawn points, etc. by directly editing the game files.
    There's a mod... TooManyItems that allows for it. And any of the ones that have admin commands would also no doubt allow for it too.

Forgive me, if this has already been pointed out, but there is no reason to worry about instances not fitting in their respective locations (when I am pretty sure, it is safe to say that most will not, as they are whole hubs).
    http://www.voxelwiki.com/minecraft/VoxelPort

This plugin is just one example of a transportation system. Combine it with hacked-in portal blocks and voila, got yourself a nice WoW instance portal to some remote location, where you do not need to hold back and let your creativity flow.
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.

Quote Originally Posted by Flextt View Post
    Forgive me, if this has already been pointed out, but there is no reason to worry about instances not fitting in their respective locations (when I am pretty sure, it is safe to say that most will not, as they are whole hubs).
    http://www.voxelwiki.com/minecraft/VoxelPort

This plugin is just one example of a transportation system. Combine it with hacked-in portal blocks and voila, got yourself a nice WoW instance portal to some remote location, where you do not need to hold back and let your creativity flow.
    I think there are some plans to integrate portals/transports into the map, but I don't know which mods will be used quite yet.

I can tell you from personal experience that it takes a long time to travel around the map without teleporting. It feels like I'm flying on a non-epic flying mount.

Deleted
    This thread is getting kind of long, so here are the highlights:

Jesus Christ... That is amazing :|

I think there are some plans to integrate portals/transports into the map, but I don't know which mods will be used quite yet.

I can tell you from personal experience that it takes a long time to travel around the map without teleporting. It feels like I'm flying on a non-epic flying mount.
    The advantage of VoxelPort is, that it would allow the OP / the team to nicely implement boat / zeppelin transits. I am sure with a few workarounds, instant transportation for the instance portals could be achieved as well. I think it would fit in wonderfully and at the same time, eliminating space considerations. For example, I expect most raid hubs to not fit at all.
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.

Quote Originally Posted by Flextt View Post
    The advantage of VoxelPort is, that it would allow the OP / the team to nicely implement boat / zeppelin transits. I am sure with a few workarounds, instant transportation for the instance portals could be achieved as well. I think it would fit in wonderfully and at the same time, eliminating space considerations. For example, I expect most raid hubs to not fit at all.
    VoxelPort is definitely something on the list of mods we might use to arrange the teleporting between some absurdly high zones and maps (continents/instances). There is also a an in-house plugin being worked that will have similar teleporting functionality but more "streamlined".

On an unrelated note, seeing Jeb is making the worlds higher by default, with no additional requirement for client mods (yay!) we will most likely continue our "no client mods required" policy.

This would be insanely fun to play with Survival mode

This is just incredible awesome. I just found this thread on reddit and I'm in awe how great this looks.

But please don't put instances somewhere else. It's such a pity to have so many instances in wow that you can't see from the outside.
    Respectively, that are modeled differently on the in and outside. Ulduar and ICC (with its 5mans), particularly.

So if you don't mind (and the size fits) please put the instances into their real location

And because I mentioned Ulduar:
    Since you're working on Northrend, would it be possible to put the real Ulduar-Zone into Storm Peaks, instead of the small thing we can see from the outside?

I hope I was comprehensible
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was never very good at building on minecraft (so I play terraria instead), but damn! color me impressed OP
    If you love / enjoy WoW in its current state, don't bother with my signature...with all due respect, its not for you. (note: I am happy and respectful though, of your enthrallment with WoW... if not a little envious!)
    My dirty little nefarious nautical profession secret - its where I go to get my fix

15+ Year Old Account
    I just wanted to say you are fantastic. I just saw this last night for the first time and after looking through some pictures (I just saw the album my roommate found on reddit) my first thought was "there's no way someone has that much free time, he had to have a program or something". Program or not, this is amazing

Looking forward to seeing the other continents, outlands, etc. if you're making them!
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right