Deleted
    Time to link this again.

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/941/gw2chart.jpg

GW2Guru techies taking a stab at how GPU's will handle the game. Take with a grain of salt as nobody truly knows how any computer will handle it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    *Maybe* very high, but not ultra unless you run a low resolution.
    I have 1680x1050 and I would like to play at native. I would be perfectly fine with high settings (if that is different than very high?).

Edit: Well according to the chart I can get somewhere between medium and high–I'll be content with that. I knew I wouldn't getting anything too amazing with my laptop.
    Last edited by Searsha; 2012-02-05 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Time to link this again.

GW2Guru techies taking a stab at how GPU's will handle the game. Take with a grain of salt as nobody truly knows how any computer will handle it yet.
    Thanks for that, even if it's not set in stone I can at least get a grasp on what I'm looking at when it comes to graphical power needs.

Looks like I'm set, I have 2 gtx 560s mostly got them for bf3 but also for future games.

Deleted
    Just have to share my anger. Done 346 lunar fortunes and no pet... >.< FUCK THAT SHIT

Just got the Dragon which has launched my HoM score all the way up to 8! lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I made a topic about PvP builds and build strategy that isn't doing too well. Surely you guys can come up with one build if I can come up with 2?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ld-and-Counter
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    I made a topic about PvP builds and build strategy that isn't doing too well. Surely you guys can come up with one build if I can come up with 2?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ld-and-Counter
    I made a build I really like the idea of your thread it got me thinking more about what I want to do in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    Just got the Dragon which has launched my HoM score all the way up to 8! lol

I just got my last title, so i'm at 47/50, weeeee.

This is the first year I actually like the celestial pet, and now I can't get it :'(

Have a question.

To get access to Dungeons, players must first encounter them in their Personal Story. This will then unlock access to the dungeon and are found about every 10 levels with additional ones at endgame. Dungeons are option 5-man with a fixed difficulty, this means they do not scale based on the number of players.
    So will GW2 have a LFG of some sort? Don't care if it's cross-server or not, just something. SWTOR doesn't have one, and it just makes finding people a pain. And yea I know there's no holy trinity, but still :S

---------- Post added 2012-02-06 at 07:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Time to link this again.

With this chart it says that my 555m will run GW2 on high. I don't care about graphics, I just care about performance, and if I can play on minimal settings without stutter I'm going to love this game.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Have a question.
    So will GW2 have a LFG of some sort? Don't care if it's cross-server or not, just something. SWTOR doesn't have one, and it just makes finding people a pain. And yea I know there's no holy trinity, but still :S
    I don't think they said anything about it. But knowing that they want us to make friendships, and not just play with random players all the time I'd say no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have a question.

I don't think so. Since groups aren't required for any PvE content (No mob tagging and event scaling, all that jazz makes it so that groups aren't needed) except Dungeons. However Dungeons are hardcore content meant to be done with your guild or friends, not random people. They aren't what they are in WoW, which is an introduction to hardcore group content aka raiding.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Champion View Post
    I don't think they said anything about it. But knowing that they want us to make friendships, and not just play with random players all the time I'd say no.
    Well that's what battlegrounds will be essentially though, right? Random players.

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    New Nvidia graphics card info for those planning to upgrade for GW2:
    http://lenzfire.com/2012/02/entire-n...se-date-43823/

Been waiting for that cheers.

Take anything you read at this point about Kepler with a grain of salt unless it comes from Nvidia itself....http://www.obr-hardware.com/2012/02/...ong-about.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that's what battlegrounds will be essentially though, right? Random players.
    There are no "battlegrounds."

There's structured PvP, in which you enter in with a set group.

There's WVWVW, in which your server is pitted against two other servers in single days (weeks?) long battle that anyone from each server can join in on.

Depending on the size of the servers, I'm betting that communities will arise and you'll start to recognize names of people you come across numerous times in dynamic events, in city chat, and in WVWVW. They'll start out as strangers, but won't be that way for long.

That said, I still think an intra-server LFG tool - even one that's just putting your name in a list of people interested in doing a dungeon (a la WoW:TBC) - would be preferable to having to sit in a given city and spam "LFG!" I don't see how spamming chat channels makes the players you get any less random than such a tool would.
    Also known as Welcome on the WoW forums.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Actually there will be "hot-joinable" scenarios, aka battlegrounds, aka structured PvP.

Also remember, GW2 has no factions, so it's not arbitrarily splitting the server in half from the get go.

I still am hoping for a LFG that is not cross server, but if there isn't one, I think the ability to make a group will still be a lot easier than many MMOs.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Zed View Post
    There are no "battlegrounds."

There's structured PvP, in which you enter in with a set group.

There's WVWVW, in which your server is pitted against two other servers in single days (weeks?) long battle that anyone from each server can join in on.

Depending on the size of the servers, I'm betting that communities will arise and you'll start to recognize names of people you come across numerous times in dynamic events, in city chat, and in WVWVW. They'll start out as strangers, but won't be that way for long.

That said, I still think an intra-server LFG tool - even one that's just putting your name in a list of people interested in doing a dungeon (a la WoW:TBC) - would be preferable to having to sit in a given city and spam "LFG!" I don't see how spamming chat channels makes the players you get any less random than such a tool would.
    What? I'm pretty sure they do have games that you can join whenever you want like battlegrounds/warzones... they have WvWvW, battlegrounds, and 5v5 arena. Correct me if I'm wrong.

---------- Post added 2012-02-06 at 11:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Socram View Post
    Actually there will be "hot-joinable" scenarios, aka battlegrounds, aka structured PvP.
    ^-- What this guy said.