Poll: Rewards?

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I have 4. I found the Eye of the North Missions really hard and no-one in my guild would help. http://hom.guildwars2.com/en/#page=m...AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Quote Originally Posted by Zazajin View Post
    I have 4. I found the Eye of the North Missions really hard and no-one in my guild would help.
    Is this the big issue for you guys asking for help? If so, I'd recommend joining a different guild so they can help you with a bit. However, if you are the solo type, know that it can be done. 50/50 will require you to play extremely well and/or require a specific class in order to do it. However, you can easily get through the normal stuff (30/50) using certain hero builds. I'd link the actual builds, but MMO still doesn't trust me to link stuff. If you google discordway, you'll see a rather popular hero setup. Another option is to have a SoS spirit build. If you look for the builds used to afk Glint's Challenge (I do not condone afking; I do think the builds are rather powerful), you'll have another option to help you power through stuff solo.

Edit: If you guys want me to go get the builds I used to solo through most of GW hard, I'll go get them and post them here.
    Last edited by Dosvidaniya; 2012-02-06 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dosvidaniya View Post
    Is this the big issue for you guys asking for help? If so, I'd recommend joining a different guild so they can help you with a bit.
    I would like to solo it, but I have trouble doing so, so I'll find a more proactive guild where people talk and stuff.

Deleted
    I have 4. I found the Eye of the North Missions really hard and no-one in my guild would help. http://hom.guildwars2.com/en/#page=m...AAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Maybe you should first start doing the campaigns. Get better skills, heroes, and perhaps even better gear. Then do the EotN missions. You can't expect a guild to run you through the whole game. It is all perfectly soloable, but you must put some effort in it as well.

Ok I'm a GW veteran and have done almost all the campaigns and stuff. Bonuses and all. But I still only have a few. Can someone meet me on there and tell me what my next step is?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post
    Maybe you should first start doing the campaigns. Get better skills, heroes, and perhaps even better gear. Then do the EotN missions. You can't expect a guild to run you through the whole game. It is all perfectly soloable, but you must put some effort in it as well.
    The real question for those asking help is (1) do they understand the core game design which is needed to actually progress? Do they understand what skills they need? Which heroes to use? How to use them? What makes gear better? (2) Do they understand the basic path to getting HoM rewards? (3) Are they just having difficulty getting past their current position?

The more I follow and analyze the thread, the more I see people falling into category 1 & 2. And I'm starting to believe they are falling into the number 1 category. There are a massive number of HoM guides out there. They'll tell you the easiest route and the goal is rather simple. However, if you don't have a firm understanding of game mechanics, it comes over as gibberish and impossibly hard.

I know the first time I played GW I struggled a lot. I didn't complete anything before I quit. I came back later and solo'ed my way to 50/50 and GWAMM. However, I died horribly prior to doing a bit of research on the game. I'd be glad to help players by explaining game basics if that is the issue. I'd be ok telling them where to go for HoM rewards; however, the massive number of guides on HoM mean that they probably don't understand the game basics or they could just follow those. If players are stuck at a certain point, advice becomes easier as well. People aren't going to hand out free z-keys or power you through most of these.

I'd like to help you guys, but before I spend time doing so, I really want to know what is the real issue so no one wastes time. Do you understand the basics of the game? Do you just need build advice for some content you are pushing? Do you know where to go next for additional HoM rewards? Have you consulted a HoM guide? What was unclear?

Ghostrider Maybe you should first start doing the campaigns. Get better skills, heroes, and perhaps even better gear. Then do the EotN missions. You can't expect a guild to run you through the whole game. It is all perfectly soloable, but you must put some effort in it as well.
    I was told EoTN was the easiest thing to do and to go do that as soon as I dinged 10. I would rather solo the campaign and I don't expect a guild to run me through anything....I was looking for a guild to chat to rather than just dead all the time...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by G-rated View Post
    Ok I'm a GW veteran and have done almost all the campaigns and stuff. Bonuses and all. But I still only have a few. Can someone meet me on there and tell me what my next step is?
    A link to your HoM would be helpful and to know how many points your goal is.

I was told EoTN was the easiest thing to do and to go do that as soon as I dinged 10. I would rather solo the campaign and I don't expect a guild to run me through anything....I was looking for a guild to chat to rather than just dead all the time...
    I think you misunderstood what ppl told you or they didn't make themselves very clear. To get to lvl 20 it's faster to go to EotN and lvl there, the actual campaign isn't made for a fresh lvl 20, especially if this is his/her first play through.
    Last edited by mmoc77cd96e260; 2012-02-06 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nektar View Post

I think you misunderstood what ppl told you or they didn't make themselves very clear. To get to lvl 20 it's faster to go to EotN and lvl there, the actual campaign isn't made for a fresh lvl 20, especially if this is his/her first play through.
    Ah, I see now. I misread what my friend said then. Best get back to Kryta, thanks .

Ah, I see now. I misread what my friend said then. Best get back to Kryta, thanks .
    Hey add me as a friend and whisper me when you are on, my guild and alliance is great with helping, and you and I could trek through the HoM together. Orion Aquafighter is my name.

http://hom.guildwars2.com/en/#page=m...AAAjUQIAAAAAAA

I am at 50/50 now, got last armor 3 days ago, so i'm done on that account

I am at 13/50 and kind of have hit a wall. I am about 1/4 through Nightfall and 1/4 through Prophecies but have Protector and Hero of Cantha. I got a cel dragon and sold it to be able to get where I am which was half sad because now i have to find a rare mini to put in HoM! Aside from that filling in armor/weapons and various other mini's is just flat too expensive for me. Ill get there.... eventually

here check it out http://hom.guildwars2.com/en/#page=m...AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Deleted
    Can some1 tell me if the items you get from HoM will be bound to your account or can you put them on the AH or send them to some1´s mail

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    Can some1 tell me if the items you get from HoM will be bound to your account or can you put them on the AH or send them to some1´s mail
    Bound, but you will be able to make as many of them as you need (for all your alts and if you destroy them ...)

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    They are bound to the account. If they were tradeable they would lose their prestige since every HoM item can be generated as many times as you want.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nektar View Post
    They are bound to the account. If they were tradeable they would lose their prestige since every HoM item can be generated as many times as you want.
    Oh okay, didnt know that part and crap

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    Tried GW with the free trial. Maybe if it started anywhere but prophecies I might have tried more, but it was just so damn boring I couldn't take it.
    Prophecies stater zone is god boring, however once you play more it ends up being almost like diablo.

By the time you hit eotn you will be pulling your hair out from the difficulty...

I somehow got 10, with some titles, no idea how :P
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    By the time you hit eotn you will be pulling your hair out from the difficulty...
    truth.

i spent the better part of EotN at -60 DP just inching along in the quests because i would be so far in that it would seem foolish to start again.
    it did help when i finally inscribed my heroes head pieces with their main stats.

Got 29/30 now and I remember why I quit this game years ago. So much grinding...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiliPepper View Post
    truth.

i spent the better part of EotN at -60 DP just inching along in the quests because i would be so far in that it would seem foolish to start again.
    it did help when i finally inscribed my heroes head pieces with their main stats.
    I'm glad I'm not alone. I thought I just sucked at GW1. Not that I have a problem with difficulty, the Death Penalty kind of just kills your will to try again.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)