Obama is a complete disaster. Inexperienced and clueless.

I don't care who the Republican candidate is, it would be a monumental improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post

I don't care who the Republican candidate is, it would be a monumental improvement.
    I want to hear more. How is he Inexperienced and/or clueless? How is he a disaster?

Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post

Hell yeah. At odds with most other people I seem to run into, Romney's corporate experience is a major... um... ....a major exciting factor for me. Dude knows how to make money, keep money, and make his money grow. I respect the shit out of that. I just hope Romney will be as frugal and effective when dealing with tax money as he is with his own money. I'm excited to hear what kind of economic platform he intends to run on.

By the way, did you know that Romney will be the richest president ever to take office since Thomas Jefferson, when adjusting for inflation? If he's elected.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Has a politician ever used a sneaky Superbowl ad?

Okay! Okay! I have no proof that it came from him in any way, but it smells fishy.
    Why? American manufacturers have something of an image problem. Nothing wrong with tying their industry to the classic american ideals the commercial showed.

Anyway, we can see that Obama is going to basically run, in part, on "I need more time!". Romney needs to campaign his ass off with appealing new ideas about the economy. That's what needs to happen for the Republican Party.
    Romney has nothing new to say. He can't because his party doesn't want to hear it.

Hell yeah. At odds with most other people I seem to run into, Romney's corporate experience is a major... um... ....a major exciting factor for me.
    Personally when I'm looking for a president to create jobs I don't want a guy who made a fortune ending them.

Dude knows how to make money, keep money, and make his money grow. I respect the shit out of that.
    Obama did the same. Not as wealthy as Romney of course, but he came from extremely humble backgrounds.

By the way, did you know that Romney will be the richest president ever to take office since Thomas Jefferson, when adjusting for inflation? If he's elected.
    This is a problem not a feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Personally when I'm looking for a president to create jobs I don't want a guy who made a fortune ending them.
    You make it sound like all he did was buy up and shutter businesses. You know that this is only a fraction of the business Romney was involved in.

You make it sound like all he did was buy up and shutter businesses. You know that this is only a fraction of the business Romney was involved in.
    We're talking politics here. His millions don't mean much when all Obama has to do is point out what Bain does.

We're talking politics here. His millions don't mean much when all Obama has to do is point out what Bain does.
    Venture capitalism and investment. I know being successful puts a target on your back nowadays, especially after the Occupy gremlins creeped out and gnawed on the American people's perspective, but Romney's embodiment of a successful capitalist is something to be admired.

Oh please.

Bain exists by feeding on the scraps of other's endevours and failures. It has nothing to do with Occupy and everything to do with how unseemly the whole thing is.

---------- Post added 2012-02-07 at 06:53 AM ----------

Its a huge liability, he's going to get Kerry'd and he should.

Oh please.

Bain exists by feeding on the scraps of other's endevours and failures. It has nothing to do with Occupy and everything to do with how unseemly the whole thing is.

---------- Post added 2012-02-07 at 06:53 AM ----------

Its a huge liability, he's going to get Kerry'd and he should.
    That's cool, man, I mean, I don't expect to change your mind, Wells. You see things through that lens, and you aren't alone. But neither am I. Bottom line is, Romney needs to appeal to the capitalist roots of America, that anyone who works hard, studies hard, or both, can achieve success. Smear attacks on his success need to be made to look like just that. Smear attacks.

Obama grew up in poverty for much of his life.
    Not as wealthy as Romney of course, but he came from extremely humble backgrounds.
    Well, you seem to be getting closer to the truth, I'll give you that. What about his background strikes you as "extremely humble"?

Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    Well, you seem to be getting closer to the truth, I'll give you that. What about his background strikes you as "extremely humble"?
    8 months ago.....stalking me bruh?

---------- Post added 2012-02-07 at 07:12 AM ----------

That's cool, man, I mean, I don't expect to change your mind, Wells. You see things through that lens, and you aren't alone. But neither am I. Bottom line is, Romney needs to appeal to the capitalist roots of America, that anyone who works hard, studies hard, or both, can achieve success. Smear attacks on his success need to be made to look like just that. Smear attacks.
    Its not smear attacks to point out what he did for a living.

Its not smear attacks to point out what he did for a living.
    Naw, but it is to try to take a sliver of the massive amounts of activity that Bain Capital was involved in, blow it up on a projector, and point to it and say that's what they're all about.

Naw, but it is to try to take a sliver of the massive amounts of activity that Bain Capital was involved in, blow it up on a projector, and point to it and say that's what they're all about.
    But... isn't that how politics works? I mean maybe I'm not seeing something here, but blowing up extremely small issues into major 'problems' is about all politicians have done when trying to get elected.

8 months ago.....stalking me bruh?.
    No just couldn't help noticing how your opinion had changed over time. You're response was telling, though. Care to answer my question?
    Last edited by Merkava; 2012-02-07 at 07:22 AM.

Obama sure is pushing the so-called "halftime" angle. Just today he said that switching direction when things are "getting better" could ruin that progress.

Well played, man.
    How was that commercial one for Obama? Because it states the truth?

Republicans (Mitt Romney included) wanted Gm and the Auto Industry to fail. The Obama administration said no, and now GM is back at #1. The commercial was not political whatsoever, and was merely retelling history accurately. I'd throw in the overused Stephen Colbert quote, but you get the picture.

Solyndra. Solyndra. Solyndra. Solyndra. Solyndra. Compare the money given to Solyndra compared to the entirety invested in Green technologies in that swoop. Again. Solyndra.

Venture capitalism and investment. I know being successful puts a target on your back nowadays, especially after the Occupy gremlins creeped out and gnawed on the American people's perspective, but Romney's embodiment of a successful capitalist is something to be admired.
    Talk about a skewed perception of reality. It's just the typical Republican line of "PUNISHING SUCCESS OH NOES!" If you're successful while at the same time destroying companies by launching them headfirst into debt, then pocketing as much as you can before leaving, then you deserve to be "smeared." All of those Occupy "gremlins" who are pissed that Wall Street and Banks are foreclosing on their houses without even actual legal authority to do so, buying out the police forces so that the First Amendment rights of the protestors are actively suppressed (But I thought Republicans were all about the Constitution?), and buying as many votes in Congress as they possibly can.

I don't know the initial source of the quote, but here goes: "It's only Class Warfare when we fight back."
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2012-02-07 at 07:24 AM.

I don't really think Obama will have much issue in the election. Both GoP front runner's are much to extreme to attract the independent vote. The only gop candidate that would be able to win would be Ron Paul, but he isn't going to win the nomination.

I'll be caucusing for RP. Can't say I could ever pull the lever for Obama as the guy has run roughshod over bankruptcy law (car industry), nationalized student loans, forced Catholics to provide contraception (I do not agree with Catholics - but pretty sure Obama has no business telling them what to do), has no respect for a business's right to relocate (Boeing), can't seem to follow his own subordinate's analysis and not invest money in a company making solar panels for $6 when they're going for $3 in China (Solyndra), is picking winners and losers in the economy (2.4% REVENUE tax on med devices, car industry, green industry) and otherwise has his head up his a$$ and is tossing our key allies under the bus (South Korea, Israel).

Not liking the Republican lineup save Paul. I could vote for managerial competence in Romney though. F#$k those other two guys.

I voted for Bush because I lacked a better choice
    I voted for Obama because I lacked a better choice and will most likely do so again unless Ron Paul pulls a Miracle out of his ass.

I don't really do the hole favorite party thing as their both full of nitwits and @holes imo so I just choose the guy who spouts the most crap that I agree with and honestly Ron paul is the first person since Clinton that I actually want to see in office.

Think his middle of the road views might actually get both sides of congress to pull there heads out of their asses and accomplish something for once.

Did you just say that Ron Paul has 'middle of the road' views?

I never understood the Romney talking point of "I have experience in the private sector." You'd think anyone with half a brain would go: "Hmmm...Big Business having more authority in Washington than it does already MUST BE THE ANSWER!"

Forced Catholics to provide contraception (I do not agree with Catholics - but pretty sure Obama has no business telling them what to do)
    Rachel Maddow put it the best: If Churches want to become Health Insurance companies, then they have to follow the rules of that industry. I'm personally getting really tired of people going "LOL FIRST AMENDMENT RELIGION" to justify any racist, homophobic, sexist, classist, bigoted things Churches have been doing (Catholic or otherwise).