Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Red face Professions for warlock?

whats the best profession for a warlock any ideas? : - ) i have alchemy and herbalism atm im going PVE.

blacksmithing + any with a +80 int bonus.

If you're looking for any sort of boost, just swap herbing for something. alch gives 80 int IIRC.

Deleted
    Why Blacksmithing? 2 extra sockets for briliant gems are not enough int to outweight other professions, such as tailoring or enchanting.
    Every profession in cata gives +80 more of your main stat, compared to not having a profession. (crafting professions only).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Diriana View Post
    Why Blacksmithing? 2 extra sockets for briliant gems are not enough int to outweight other professions, such as tailoring or enchanting.
    Every profession in cata gives +80 more of your main stat, compared to not having a profession. (crafting professions only).
    What am i missing here? 2 slots. 2x gem with 40 int = 80 int.
    And if you have JWC you can even put even stronger gems in there?

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say tailoring, LW or enginieering.

"U FOOL?!?"

No, but considering that professions are as useless as never before, i would expect them to change something for the next expansion(gg) and then at least have one of the professions less people takes. Most of people go for JC, BS and Alch, prolly followed by LW but then tailoring and LW are kinda far behind imo. At least that's what i see.

Deleted
    My bad, forgot our gems were +40. Still doesn't explain why he specifically says BS, as every prof, other than JC, adds 80 stat. (JC gives you 3 gems with +27 stat, thus giving 81 stat).

Deleted
    My bad, forgot our gems were +40. Still doesn't explain why he specifically says BS, as every prof, other than JC, adds 80 stat. (JC gives you 3 gems with +27 stat, thus giving 81 stat).
    Ah right right. Dont know why he specifically named Blacksmithing. As you can see, every proff gives practically the same amount of stats. So i think he should just pick something that fits with a Lock. In my case i'm going Tailor/Enchanting. All the (quest) greens you disenchant, send the mats to a bankalt. The stuff you make from Tailoring you DE as well.

Then on a bankalt you get Auctioneer or ProfitAuctionMaster, make tons of low lvl enchants and tadaah, money. You can also lvl with skinning and mining, go to 85 then sell all of the stuff. You'll make a ton of money and at 85 you can get your right proffessions (like perhaps dropping skinning for JWC and holding onto your ores).

Deleted
    Yeah. Personally, I'm tailoring/enchanting, and has been since i started. It has become so much easier to make money through enchanting with the introduction of scrolls, so just disenchanting quest rewards and making them tend to earn a fair bit of gold.
    But if you're really going for min/maxing here, JC gets you 1 more intellect than the other professions
    The tailoring cape weave averages to about 80.5 int.
    Enchanting gives 2 ring enchants, each 40 int.
    Alchemy gives you +80 int on flasks from mixology.
    Blacksmithing gives 2 sockets, for 2x40 int gems.
    Engineering gives a glove enchant, averaging about 80 int.
    Inscription gives a +80 int enchantment to shoulder, compared to the rep one.
    LW gives a +80 int to bracers.

He said Blacksmithing because you can add sockets to the wrist and hands and then you can place epic gems in them which (theoretically) will give you the best stat boost. This however assumes your character already has full epics otherwise.

On a side note, I've heard Synapse Springs from Engineering or the cloak enchant from Tailoring go well with Warlocks.

Deleted
    Yeah. Personally, I'm tailoring/enchanting, and has been since i started. It has become so much easier to make money through enchanting with the introduction of scrolls, so just disenchanting quest rewards and making them tend to earn a fair bit of gold.
    But if you're really going for min/maxing here, JC gets you 1 more intellect than the other professions
    The tailoring cape weave averages to about 80.5 int.
    Enchanting gives 2 ring enchants, each 40 int.
    Alchemy gives you +80 int on flasks from mixology.
    Blacksmithing gives 2 sockets, for 2x40 int gems.
    Engineering gives a glove enchant, averaging about 80 int.
    Inscription gives a +80 int enchantment to shoulder, compared to the rep one.
    LW gives a +80 int to bracers.
    Hmm i see now what the other guy could have ment.

Look at the LW wrist enchant. 80 int. However, you can already put a 50 mastery or 50 haste enchant on bracers. So it gives you a bit less of a boost than 2 extra free sockets that dont replace anything?

Deleted
    Ah ye, if you can get hold of the epic gems from DS, which gives 50 int, BS would be best. If not, any other prof will give the same amount of int.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends how much money you have. If you use epic gems in all slots blacksmithing is without a doubt best due to 2 sockets = 100 int. In that case jewelcrafting will be the worst (not counting things as mining) as 3x50=150 and 3x67 = 201 and 201 - 150 = 51.

So if your not using epic gems whatever with a main stat works, if you are using epic gems you go for BS and stay clear of jc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanggaxx View Post
    Hmm i see now what the other guy could have ment.

Look at the LW wrist enchant. 80 int. However, you can already put a 50 mastery or 50 haste enchant on bracers. So it gives you a bit less of a boost than 2 extra free sockets that dont replace anything?
    No, the LW adds 80 int on top of what you can already enchant it with, so you get 130 int from LW in total, or +80 compared to the normal one.

Deleted
    every crafting (not gathering) prof gives about the same bonus except for BS that , with epics gem, gives a whooping +100 =)

so yeah,bs it's atm the best prof and JC it's the worst one (devalued by epic gems)

The idea behind blacksmithing is that it is future proofed. If epic gems ever become the standard, blacksmithing gives an int boost of +100. JC would then give +51.

It is likely however that all profs would get a +100 boost at that point. But right now, BS gives the highest theoretical gain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xytech View Post
    Depends how much money you have. If you use epic gems in all slots blacksmithing is without a doubt best due to 2 sockets = 100 int. In that case jewelcrafting will be the worst (not counting things as mining) as 3x50=150 and 3x67 = 201 and 201 - 150 = 51.

So if your not using epic gems whatever with a main stat works, if you are using epic gems you go for BS and stay clear of jc.
    20 int for 6k gold.

Not something a lvl1 Warlock would really think about. Weird design, a blacksmithing lock being smarter than an enchanting lock, but whatever.

Deleted
    2 that you find interesting and can make some money off.
    no use rolling a profession that you find Boring and thus never make any Gold off

Deleted
    I made my lock Alchemist/BS (just till 425 for the sockets tho)

1 Flask a raid from cauldron and future proof/best with epic gems.

Synapse springs shared a cooldown with all on-use trinkets nowadays.

Tailoring is pretty sweet if you start the fight off with Cloak + Power Torrent + Volcanic Potion + Meta/Demonsoul/Trinket and then Doomguard tho.

Deleted
    BS/Tailoring is BiS at the moment for the casters.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alchemy / Enchanting is what I use, this is as a feral druid thou. But it works out just fine. ^^