10+ Year Old Account

A question about valor ranks

Does the point requirement ever reach a cap per level? I'm only V-23, and needing 5k valor a match, that's 5 matches with an average of 6 tokens and no mvp votes, the grind looks to be killer!

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    you might get more responses in the right forum -.- .... http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=76

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keevo View Post
    you might get more responses in the right forum -.- .... http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=76
    I tend to avoid official forums, for obvious reasons.
    Reasons being people like you.

I'm rank 63 and I need 52,670 valor to rank up. It jumps up crazy amounts from 20k to 40k at around rank 53.

Also I saw someone rank 75 and he needed about 70k valor to get up.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I'm rank 63 and I need 52,670 valor to rank up. It jumps up crazy amounts from 20k to 40k at around rank 53.

Also I saw someone rank 75 and he needed about 70k valor to get up.
    Thanks for the reply. Yeah, that wasn't what I was hoping for aha. Especially since I only get maybe 7-8 pops in a day on my server (Dune Bantha EU).
    Ah well, as long as I'm v-40 by the time I'm level 50 I'll be happy.

if you plan on going for valor 100, it will probably be similar to the HWL grind in vanilla WoW. How fast you can level valor is also heavily dependent on whether your server has an active ilum where you can farm often, and lots of ppl queing for wz when your not on ilum
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Ascend View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Yeah, that wasn't what I was hoping for aha. Especially since I only get maybe 7-8 pops in a day on my server (Dune Bantha EU).
    Ah well, as long as I'm v-40 by the time I'm level 50 I'll be happy.
    Yeah I try to get in about at least 20k valor per day...

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I try to get in about at least 20k valor per day...
    On days where I don't work, and there's quite a few people on (mostly Sundays) I can bag maybe 15k. But I'm totally burnt out at around that mark

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    if you plan on going for valor 100, it will probably be similar to the HWL grind in vanilla WoW. How fast you can level valor is also heavily dependent on whether your server has an active ilum where you can farm often, and lots of ppl queing for wz when your not on ilum
    I'm only level 38, so I've not tried Ilum yet. Heard some not-so-pretty-things about it though

Quote Originally Posted by Ascend View Post
    On days where I don't work, and there's quite a few people on (mostly Sundays) I can bag maybe 15k. But I'm totally burnt out at around that mark

I'm only level 38, so I've not tried Ilum yet. Heard some not-so-pretty-things about it though
    I try to split it up. Get about 10k from Warzones which could take 2 hours play time, then about 10k from Ilum which takes a bit of half-assing and alt tabbing.

My friend is lvl 82 and is needing 133k to get to 83 I believe. It gets more and more crazy after around lvl 53 as someone else in the thread stated. Personally I just take 1 level at a time, without thinking about the crazy amounts of time for..say 60-70.

Quote Originally Posted by Hampen View Post
    My friend is lvl 82 and is needing 133k to get to 83 I believe. It gets more and more crazy after around lvl 53 as someone else in the thread stated. Personally I just take 1 level at a time, without thinking about the crazy amounts of time for..say 60-70.
    Damn... Yeah I think I'm going to stop now. There's no reason to keep doing it - I know I'm not going to waste that time getting to 80.

Damn... Yeah I think I'm going to stop now. There's no reason to keep doing it - I know I'm not going to waste that time getting to 80.
    There's no reason to do it.....yet. You don't know what they'll implement in the future where there might be some crazy high valor level requirement.

It reminds me of the Runescape grinds. o_O

But worse. =0

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    It reminds me of the Runescape grinds. o_O

But worse. =0
    I wonder how they will manage grindy requirements for gear in expansion. 120 valor required for gear? Not bad for old players as everyone will be 100 anyways. For fresh players - total overkill.