Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    "Common interests are the key to romance." This. I dont get how you can be with someone that doesnt share your interests, especially if your a nerd, becouse lets be honest our interests takes up ALOT of time ^^

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    "Common interests are the key to romance." This. I dont get how you can be with someone that doesnt share your interests, especially if your a nerd, becouse lets be honest our interests takes up ALOT of time ^^
    That's kinda not true though. It's actually quite nice to have separate interests. Sometimes we get tired of hanging out with you guys all the time. A bit of personal free-space to enjoy something for yourself is absolutely needed.

Now if you enjoy collecting Princess Leia replicas and such, then maybe you need to find someone with that particular interest as well. Otherwise, it's fine if you game and your SO doesn't.

The important thing is not that your partner necessarily share your hobbies/pastimes, but that they respect your enjoyment of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    So not true have you never heard the term opposites attract,I cannot stand someone who is similar to myself in that regard, you need someone to balance you out hence the opposite,but with that said sharing some interests helps.

Deleted
    okok stop bash me ofc there have to be a balance, ofc its good to have diffrent things you like to do, but it doesnt hurt if you like some of the same things to

10+ Year Old Account
    okok stop bash me ofc there have to be a balance, ofc its good to have diffrent things you like to do, but it doesnt hurt if you like some of the same things to
    Sorry felt the need your sig attacked me.jk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbryn View Post
    Sorry felt the need your sig attacked me.jk
    Mwhahahah <3

It really comes down to each one what they look for in the partner, I don't think there's a rule for it.

but it doesnt hurt if you like some of the same things to
    It kinda does! Gets sorta tiring. :P

Let me relate a personal story: I like cycling throughout the summer months. Just riding around the city and stuff. It's fun and relaxing. So did my BF. Huzzah!

Well, what happened was this... he wanted to go bike riding like all the time. Bought magazines, bike parts and gear. Started to bring the bikes in the house. Was looking into expensive bikes all the time- like all his bookmarks. Sprayed some de-greaser stuff all over the place. Yea, know what? Fuck cycling now.

^ that's the point most guys cross very quickly.

Obvs. not everyone is like that. But yea, just chill out bros.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    It kinda does! Gets sorta tiring. :P

Let me relate a personal story: I like cycling throughout the summer months. Just riding around the city and stuff. It's fun and relaxing. So did my BF. Huzzah!

Well, what happened was this... he wanted to go bike riding like all the time. Bought magazines, bike parts and gear. Started to bring the bikes in the house. Was looking into expensive bikes all the time- like all his bookmarks. Sprayed some de-greaser stuff all over the place. Yea, know what? Fuck cycling now.

^ that's the point most guys cross very quickly.

Obvs. not everyone is like that. But yea, just chill out bros.
    Yea was going to say its from person to person how they handle that, if they can still let you do what you like on your own from time to time, or feel the need to do it ALL the time with you, that would be a problem. And i said SOME of the things btw, not all of them

Yea was going to say its from person to person how they handle that, if they can still let you do what you like on your own from time to time, or feel the need to do it ALL the time with you, that would be a problem. And i said SOME of the things btw, not all of them
    Hehe, what I was trying to drive at is don't veer into this area: http://tinyurl.com/7yn45w4

Of course, its varies person to person. But I was in fact speaking broadly. As such there is a tendency for people to become too hung up on certain pasttimes- esp. where MMOs are concerned. That "super excitement" often expressed here in enthusiasm for GW2 can quickly become a major turn off to one's partner.

Kinda don't go overboard pitching a game and if your partner does like the game, don't smother her with it either. Basically, what I am saying.

Deleted
    Hehe, what I was trying to drive at is don't veer into this area: http://tinyurl.com/7yn45w4

Of course, its varies person to person. But I was in fact speaking broadly. As such there is a tendency for people to become too hung up on certain pasttimes- esp. where MMOs are concerned. That "super excitement" often expressed here in enthusiasm for GW2 can quickly become a major turn off to one's partner.

Kinda don't go overboard pitching a game and if your partner does like the game, don't smother her with it either. Basically, what I am saying.
    Totally agree and lol at the chick

10+ Year Old Account
    Same advice still applies; let her try it out. If she likes the game; cool! If not, stop pestering her about it and move on.

Broadly speaking, very broadly speaking mind you-- puzzles/intellectual challenges and creative problem solving appeal to us greatly. Pitching game(s) that have some higher thought problem solving or those aspects of a game can be a great in road for a lot of us.
    So this appeals?

You have a solid point though, just as the others who responded on you.

Everyone is different, some people would like to play games together all the time, some would like to have their own private stuff. Neither are wrong.

Come to think of it, this takes me back to my GW1 starting days, a Guild Master and his girlfriend (both over their 35's, yes really) were arguing all the time about they wanted to do something different with the guild, or they had difference visions. You could hear them screaming over Teamspeak to each other, so at that point I'd called it a night and wake up with the guild disbanded.

This happened for about 5 times when I stopped wasting my time there and went somewhere else.

Good times..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    You have a solid point though, just as the others who responded on you.

Everyone is different, some people would like to play games together all the time, some would like to have their own private stuff. Neither are wrong.

Come to think of it, this takes me back to my GW1 starting days, a Guild Master and his girlfriend (both over their 35's, yes really) were arguing all the time about they wanted to do something different with the guild, or they had difference visions. You could hear them screaming over Teamspeak to each other, so at that point I'd called it a night and wake up with the guild disbanded.

This happened for about 5 times when I stopped wasting my time there and went somewhere else.

Good times..
    And i agreed with all the responses that were given to me common interest are important, but not everything, you have to be able to do things on your own to http://sv.twitch.tv/soembie this is a stream with a couple that just streamed a game, i think it was over 24 hours, this is what i meant that i would love to be able to do with my GF, if i had one if im not allowed to link things like that tell me and ill remove it ^^

Deleted
    Been trying to convince my wife to play too, no luck :< Just different interests which i think makes a better relationship

Deleted
    Just get it for yourself, make a character and then invite her over and have the computer online with a cute asura there. Go and make lunch and suggest she stays on the computer while you make foods. Then wait, if she will try it out of boredom. If she doesn't like it after she's tried it... well... not much else you can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    Back in August when I was on Gamescom 2011, there was a couple next to me waiting in line for GW2. (Lines were 4 hours, yeah really) and when it was finally their turn, she got to play first.

The demo timer was 40 minutes, starting from the moment you hit start game. Then you go through personal story, character customization, names etc.

She spend, and I'm not kidding. She actually spend 18-19 minutes on making her character before playing the demo itself. She wasted half the demo to make a character who would be deleted 20 minutes after and she waited 4 hours to do so.

I can imagine if you are psyched about the game you'd like to see how everything looks like, but damn it. 19 minutes on creating a character..
    classic story, although I can relate. Not that I would waste my 40mins doing that but when friends of mine quit wow and tried Aion one night we loaded it up around the same time and were on Vent. So we created new characters and seriously spent 30mins on how our characters looked. It was addictive.

I'm glad GW2 has the same level of customisation.

But seriously release the game already. I need a good MMO to sink my teeth into and I can't go back to WoW it just sickens me now, and that was before panda's were annouced. I need a game that's a bit more gritty.