Thread: Guild wars 1

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Guild wars 1

Hey guys was wondering if people still play it? Is there a healthy community? Would i get a feel for GW2? Thanks in advance for the info!

Yes they are, yes there is, no probably not (GW2 is a waaay different game than GW1)

Deleted
    There are plenty of people still playing gw, and no you wouldent, gw2 will be a complete diffrent experience from what gw is

Sweet im very excited for GW2 but out of curiosity is it worth getting GW1. What i mean is can i get a good amount of HoM points within the time span left? I am realy regretting not picking it up during the holiday sale

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kael92 View Post
    Sweet im very excited for GW2 but out of curiosity is it worth getting GW1. What i mean is can i get a good amount of HoM points within the time span left? I am realy regretting not picking it up during the holiday sale
    I cant really answer the HoM questions, ill leave that to Mif or anyone else

10+ Year Old Account
    yes you can continue updating your HoM even after GW2 launches
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Awesome what im really looking forward to is making some friends that can hopefully transition into GW2

Deleted
    You have at least 3 months until launch so you have enough time to get 30-35/50. There are some very helpful threads in this forum regarding the acquiring of points so check those out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    Guild Wars 2 is MUCH different then Guild Wars 1. If your going into guild wars 1 expecting anything like Guild Wars 2 is showing you will be disappointed. If you want some cosmetic gear and titles that some people wont have in Guild wars 2 you can do something called HOM. You can get items and such for your guild wars 2 character.
    Yeah ive heard that a lot i guess i want to get a feel of the current community and hopefully make some friends along the way that transitions into gw2

Great for Tyria lore and HoM at tbe very least. Depending on ur time committments you should be able to get 30 HoM if you follow a good guide.

GW got a new free content patch today, I think this says a lot

http://www.arena.net/blog/mikus-tale...nge-part-three

I started playing guild wars 1 a week ago... I liked it so far, you should try it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post

What it also says its the finale chapter ib4 gw2, they actually seem to wrap it up, and that tells me we are getting closer (or hoping)

Hey guys was wondering if people still play it? Is there a healthy community? Would i get a feel for GW2? Thanks in advance for the info!
    Hey Kael! =D

There are still many people playing this game, even though I recon a lot have left it. I for one, consider this one of the better games I've played (although there are some parts I don''t like. But that's life ;D ). Is there a healthy community? Well, I am not so sure about this, as I like to play for myself and kinda ignore the social parts here... Regarding last question, see below.
    It depends on what you mean with "worth it". If you're in for it for the sole purpose of getting the items? Then I would say no!
    ~I'd save that money for the GW2 in-game shop to buy costumes!!! (Yes... I'm that kinda guy)~

However, if you are interested in the lore and a decent play through and story, I would really suggest it! As mentioned by someone, the GW2 launch is ~~3'ish months away (but I honestly do not know) so I hink time is least of your problems xD. I don't know how much of the GW lore they will weave into GW2. If you're interested in lore only but don't wanna buy the game, I think they have two books (can someone confirm this?) for it. I haven't read them yet, but they're both on the way in the mail here

Awesome what im really looking forward to is making some friends that can hopefully transition into GW2
    I for one, will be playing (and have waited) long time for GW2... I am not often on GW anymore (Had some incidents with my account being compromised that made it so) but if you'd like a play-partner now and then (if you're buying) just throw me a PM.

Yeah ive heard that a lot i guess i want to get a feel of the current community and hopefully make some friends along the way that transitions into gw2
    About that... I do think the current community is only a portion of what the GW2 will consist off... With the new release of such a hugely anticipated game, I would assume you get both ends of the straw in this subject. I do agree though, getting friends to play with, will definitively (in my case) increase the game play for me =)

That's what I have to say fr today!

Oh, one last thing!!!
    STOP! It's hammertime!

Ok, one very last thing!

---------- Post added 2012-02-09 at 05:43 AM ----------

Must... resist... to... add... another video.....

Sorry, I failed =(
    Last edited by MasterFSK; 2012-02-09 at 04:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're looking for people to make friends with shoot me a tell sometime!! My characters name is Sypa Ravenhowl, always looking for people to do stuff with in GW1!! (as in i enjoy getting more people to do stuff with other then just a few of my guildies xD PLENTY of people still play GW1)
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post

It's out tomorrow Feb 9th.

Quote Originally Posted by omlech View Post
    It's out tomorrow Feb 9th.
    He did write it at 00:10 on the 9th.

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    What it also says its the finale chapter ib4 gw2, they actually seem to wrap it up, and that tells me we are getting closer (or hoping)
    All I read was that it was the final chapter for Winds of Change. Not that it was the final chapter of GW Beyond. They still have Elona to go to.

Edit: Really tempted to get the Dragonguard costume, looks pretty cool.

Ive been playing a little over a month now and Ive managed to reach 19 rewards (http://hom.guildwars2.com/en/#page=m...AAACAEAAAAAAAA). Sure, its time consuming, but its not overly difficult. I have a feeling the last 5-6 points are going to really really drag, but I dont think that getting up to 25 points is going to be too tough. Just time consuming

I picked the game two weeks ago ... The community is great, mostly thx to my guild being part of big alliance(TIGs) and the alliance chat is never quiet. The HoM points are nice to have, but the best thing is the story imho. Going through prophecies I enjoy it more than story in TOR. And it does carry over to GW2 ... the Ascalon ghost city dung in GW2 ... such a spoiler if you didn't finish GW1. Also I am curious how come charrs are not hostile in GW2.

As for the points I got 40/50 minipets for now ... 10/50 points and I am still not finished with prophecies (so much content).

And there is still at least 3 months before the game releases ... enough time to go for one of the nice titles like Ghostly Hero, Flameseeker, +

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.