Page 6 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    They use Havok to provide destructible environment and ragdoll animation of creatures and Umbra's Occlusion culling technology. And yes they use a moded version of the gw engine, you werent miss informed
    That's very good to know, thank you very much.
    You know, it really makes me wonder if they'll be using the Havok engine in order to blow up cities in the future. That would be awesome, and many MMO players have been wanting to see the storyline in their favorite MMOs to effect how the game is played on a personal level. One day you could be running through Lions Arch, and the next thing you know you're getting crushed by falling buildings. Your favorute NPC is dead. You must now learn to adjust, even if for a short while. It would be like a DE x10. Pretty much the Havok engine gives you the middle finger while you're dying your armor.

hahaha!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    That's very good to know, thank you very much.
    You know, it really makes me wonder if they'll be using the Havok engine in order to blow up cities in the future. That would be awesome, and many MMO players have been wanting to see the storyline in their favorite MMOs to effect how the game is played on a personal level. One day you could be running through Lions Arch, and the next thing you know you're getting crushed by falling buildings. Your favorute NPC is dead. You must now learn to adjust, even if for a short while. It would be like a DE x10. Pretty much the Havok engine gives you the middle finger while you're dying your armor.

hahaha!
    You might want to check out totalbiscuts pvp videos, it shows how you can use a catapult, to blow up a roof of a huge building

10+ Year Old Account
    Windows 7 64-bit
    16gb RAM
    i3 2100 3.1ghz
    Radeon 6870 2gb

Pretty sure I can run it, just built this PC back in the summer with Guild Wars 2 as one of the potential games I'd play.
    We will stand above the city, rising high above the streets
    From tops of buildings we will look, at all that lies beneath our feet
    We will raise our hands above us, cold steel shining in the sun
    With these hands that will not bleed, my father's battle will be won!

Drakkosh Zhysta Shivarra Tesela

10+ Year Old Account
    EVGA 9500 GT
    4g RAM
    AMD 64 dual core 2500
    Some MSI MB, don't even remember its' specs, but it's decent.
    A 580W Hush PS that blew up last week.

Now I'm on this shitty laptop. Haven't used this bad boy for like 3 years, had to do tons of updates and it sucks major tush.

Stood in the Fire Stealthedbear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    With me running around everywhere this year, I'd like to get a laptop that can run guild wars 2 maybe on medium settings? (I assume wouldn't be as hard since laptops usually have a lower res) However, I also want some /decent/ battery life. What would be a good compromise? (And I can't find that excel spreadsheet that shows what kind of card needed for different graphics settings)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthedbear View Post
    With me running around everywhere this year, I'd like to get a laptop that can run guild wars 2 maybe on medium settings? (I assume wouldn't be as hard since laptops usually have a lower res) However, I also want some /decent/ battery life. What would be a good compromise? (And I can't find that excel spreadsheet that shows what kind of card needed for different graphics settings)
    You mean this one? http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/941/gw2chart.jpg

Deleted
    I'm sure I can run it but I want to know how well.

Windows 7 64bit
    AMD Phenom II x4 955 Black Editon
    Radeon HD 5850 GDDR5 1GB
    4GB DDR3 1066MHz
    1680x1050
    I'm thinking about upgrading my system, but I don't know where to start first.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthedbear View Post
    I just want to remind you that you should take that list with a grain of salt, it's just an fan estimate, so don't rely on it completely when buying a new system.
    Last edited by mmoc77cd96e260; 2012-02-13 at 12:46 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    It's an upgraded GW1 engine.

To put things in perspective, one of the founders of ArenaNet and current CEO is Mike O'Brien. When he worked for Blizzard he developed Battle.net, wrote the 3D engine for Warcraft 3, invented the MPQ archives that Blizzard still use, and had a hand in coding Diablo 1 and 2, as well as Starcraft. So when the boss has a resume like that, you can be sure the company has a very strong code base, and isn't really the kind of place you'd last very long if you write buggy bad code.
    Where do you get everything from? You're a damn Wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    Let's just hope he doesn't turn into blizzards current CEO, or I might just have to go to Tera..
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    As someone pointed out earlier in a thread, Mif is actually Colin in disguise

Deleted
    As someone pointed out earlier in a thread, Mif is actually Colin in disguise
    That would make sense. I still think he should open his own wiki. xD Or he could just have a 24 hour Q and A since he doesn't sleep.

Deleted
    That would make sense. I still think he should open his own wiki. xD Or he could just have a 24 hour Q and A since he doesn't sleep.
    +1 to this!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm telling you guys, Mif is a ANet employee! That, or he's really a Scilon overlord seeking to strip Colin of his meme fame and claim it for himself! Damn yooouuu!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajsNJ...eature=related
    /datkahnjizzface

10+ Year Old Account
    Please Help Me. I literally bought a new computer in hopes to actually play new games and mainly guild wars 2.

Here is my spec:

Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1 Build 7601)
    RAM (Memory) : 4096 MB
    CPUProcessor): Intel (R) Core (TM)2 Quad CPU Q6700 @ 2.66Hz (4 CPUs), ~2.7Ghz
    Direct X: Direction X 11
    GPU (Graphics card): ATI Radeon HD 5850

I can't run RIFT with over 60 FPS in low/mid/custom settings so I am worrying if I can even run GW2. Or unless I have to get a better video card.
    Last edited by Kickbuttmario; 2012-02-13 at 02:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    CPU: Intel quad core 2.6 ghz
    RAM: 8 Gigs
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 560ti
    Direct X: Direct X 11

I know my CPU is a little outdated, but I'm pretty confident it can run GW2 pretty well.. feel free to correct me if i'm wrong since I'm not really tech savy.

CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
    RAM: not sure
    GPU: ATI RADEON X800 XL
    Direct X: DirectX 11

I'm pretty confident it won't be able to run it, but I figure I'd ask.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HerrUhyre View Post
    CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
    RAM: not sure
    GPU: ATI RADEON X800 XL
    Direct X: DirectX 11

I'm pretty confident it won't be able to run it, but I figure I'd ask.
    Unfortunately not
    You'll need a new graphics card.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm now accepting small loans to build a new computer. No worries, I'll just sell gold online and pay people back via paypal.
    /jk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    That should be more then enough for ultra settings and probably low shadow. Pop a 460 gtx and you can max that baby.
    I'm not sure. If in RIFT, I can't run the game in ultra settings without trying to get 30 fps then how do I know I will be able to get ultra on GW2, which arguably looks far better than RIFT.

PS. Why not get the Radeon HD 6990? Isn't that considered to be the best video card at the moment?
    Last edited by Kickbuttmario; 2012-02-13 at 06:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Please Help Me. I literally bought a new computer in hopes to actually play new games and mainly guild wars 2.

Here is my spec:

Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1 Build 7601)
    RAM (Memory) : 4096 MB
    CPUProcessor): Intel (R) Core (TM)2 Quad CPU Q6700 @ 2.66Hz (4 CPUs), ~2.7Ghz
    Direct X: Direction X 11
    GPU (Graphics card): ATI Radeon HD 5850

I can't run RIFT with over 60 FPS in low/mid/custom settings so I am worrying if I can even run GW2. Or unless I have to get a better video card.
    Honestly, your CPU seems like more of a bottleneck than your video card. I'd suggest upgrading your CPU and going up to 8GB of RAM.
    We will stand above the city, rising high above the streets
    From tops of buildings we will look, at all that lies beneath our feet
    We will raise our hands above us, cold steel shining in the sun
    With these hands that will not bleed, my father's battle will be won!

Drakkosh Zhysta Shivarra Tesela