Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    i wanted to play at start but was disapointed as well form the wep switch and seem to be little complicated kits bags dunno...

Wondering if anyone knows what the naming of toons is like in GW2? Do you get a last name? how long a name do you get? Have some ideas for my char Engineers name.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huggabear View Post
    Wondering if anyone knows what the naming of toons is like in GW2? Do you get a last name? how long a name do you get? Have some ideas for my char Engineers name.
    3 -19 characters total including one space

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherrysoul View Post
    3 -19 characters total including one space
    You can have multiple spaces I believe, just probably not consecutive.
    Last edited by Mif; 2012-02-15 at 03:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    You can multiple spaces I believe, just probably not consecutive.
    I stand corrected good sir

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrysoul View Post
    I stand corrected good sir
    my hats off to you I hate standing and typing at the same time. I tend to sit corrected on these forums :P

Who is John Galt?

Ever since the Engineer was revealed, I knew that this would be my main class. =) I'm so excited for it, and I can't wait to try out the numerous kits that they have. Particularly looking forward to that flamethrower. (; And while a lot of people seemed to be turned off of the idea of the engineer class in a fantasy setting, I really like it a lot. The aesthetic of it was what attracted me to it in the first place, and once I learned more about it I was hooked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely gonna be my main . Currently looking towards Rifle and mainly using Grenade Kit as a setup I think, can't quite decide on which Tool Belt abilities but guess they're dependant on what you're doing.

Planning on rolling a charr engineer, despite worries of singed fur
    That's more just coz well, charr engineer just seems completely badass. For the playstyle, I've read as much as I can and watched videos but it really seems one of those professions that it will difficult to truly judge how it plays until you can try it.
    Sooo looking forward to "charring" some pitiful human scum with my flamethrower

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merendel View Post
    my hats off to you I hate standing and typing at the same time. I tend to sit corrected on these forums :P
    lmfao! glad i just finished my sip of Coffee as i read that.. smart arse :P

This build might be old but it shows an Engineer doing a Dynamic Event

P.S Katy Perry is hot.

Katy Perry is so out of place in that video that it fits. I love it. Also, those gunshot sounds are very, very nice. The combat should be very satisfying.

Hmm, so that there are 2 Special skills for each profession, an Engineer gets a Support carepackage. Or an Elixer that gives a random effect that another class has.
    i know that Elixer sounds cool, but if you do not know what you are getting it makes for a poor to plan ability. Need to get out of a tight spot? hope you get that Stealth? Nope, sorry... Haste buff. Need to inflict some serious AoE wreckage? Nah, you got the Stealth.

It sounds cool in its use, but im wondering if its practical if you simply do not know what effect you are getting you cannot plan for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'm definitely not a fan of Elixir X. Having your single most powerful ability governed by RNG is not desirable.
    That said, there are meant to be a few other Engineer elites we haven't seen yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Yeah, I'm definitely not a fan of Elixir X. Having your single most powerful ability governed by RNG is not desirable.
    That said, there are meant to be a few other Engineer elites we haven't seen yet.
    Ow, even more? I was under the impression everyone just gets two.

But this could make Elixer X either a rarely used Special because of the unpredictable nature of it. I can already picture a situation you might even nerf yourself using it. Turning into a tornado also replaces your skills, it could take away an ability you absolutely needed to use by transforming you. "Ow, i needed to Heal that guy and now i cant!"
    Or it finds some unexpected synergy we do not know of yet with another Engineer ability (if i get lucky with THIS proc on Elixer X and use it with THAT Engineer ability, i 2shot someone!<- Just a crazy example).

Time will tell, but on paper it doesnt look verty good <.<

Deleted
    I think they said there will be around 6 elite skills available for each profession.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    But this could make Elixer X either a rarely used Special because of the unpredictable nature of it.
    It's really hard to pass the judgement on this ability without considering the circumstances.

I mean, in structured PvP if you are a roamer Elixir X can really shine, because it makes you unpredictable and it's only down to your skill if you can adapt and use the gained boon to your advantage. Of course, if your role is defending the points it's less optimal. So yeah, it's all about what is your objective.

I'm still really torn between Ele and Engineer for my main. I'd really like to see more pistol/shield videos just to see how much the shield can actually do. I really am interested by the Elixir gun and the Flamethrower. I'm cautious about the turrets as well. This may only be because I played a shaman in WoW for so many years, but I don't want them to become 'one of the main features that makes the class interesting' like totems did for shaman. Then constantly changing how the feature operates.

Having said that, I'm excited about how the Engineer will play overall, and can't wait to start playing one... even if it does turn out to be my alt.
    Why do I run? Why do I slay? Why do I play? ...Carrots? Nay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fishious View Post
    I'm still really torn between Ele and Engineer for my main. I'd really like to see more pistol/shield videos just to see how much the shield can actually do. I really am interested by the Elixir gun and the Flamethrower. I'm cautious about the turrets as well. This may only be because I played a shaman in WoW for so many years, but I don't want them to become 'one of the main features that makes the class interesting' like totems did for shaman. Then constantly changing how the feature operates.

Having said that, I'm excited about how the Engineer will play overall, and can't wait to start playing one... even if it does turn out to be my alt.
    i expect pistol/shield engineers with turrets (probably flame or thumper) and mine or bomb kits will be really strong at defending areas in pvp (and wvw as well) since you can field so much area control you basically force them to come to you since they need to cap the point while using ballistic shield and absorb to minimize projectile damage and when they do come near you can tear them up at close range esp with a thumper overload followed by a detonate all for your mines

something like this
    http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/...itch=311971d31
    Last edited by Glytch; 2012-02-17 at 10:33 PM.
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    i expect pistol/shield engineers with turrets (probably flame or thumper) and mine or bomb kits will be really strong at defending areas in pvp (and wvw as well) since you can field so much area control
    I used to enjoy playing a lot of solo flag room defence on my Rogue in Wow, so I'm looking forward to setting up camp with turrets and minefields at capture points in GW2. I call it the Scarecrow Engineer build