Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    I found the demo to be underwhelming and I didn't play past the first part of it, as I didn't want to play the part of saving the Krogan yet.
    That's the main part of the demo... The first part is basically just an introduction to the controls.

Did not try demo, does the combat still looks like a shitty FPS?
    Aldoraan Ret Pally since 2.4

Outland - love forever

Not as excited for this game now that i know i can't have Mordin as a squad mate again...

Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Im really hoping Thane gets put in to some effect either his disease is cured or you go to his funeral at the end of the game. Other then that I hope killing off the geth on legions mission was a good choice. I really really want to kill the illusive man his personality irked me. Besides that the epic ending of the trilogy must be epic >:O

Deleted
    Not as excited for this game now that i know i can't have Mordin as a squad mate again...
    I think they were trying to invoke some ME1 nostalgia in ME3, limited squad, Kaiden, Garrus, etc returning. I am disappointed by the fact Legion isn't a squad mate though however :<

Legion was only usable for such a short time. Oh well. At least the characters are returning in ME3, instead of just being ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldoran View Post
    You're not going to get any kind of a useful response with such an emotion and hate filled comment, especially since the majority of posters in a thread about Mass Effect 3 probably liked the previous ones.

If you would like to list specific complaints I will do my best to explain what is and is not different in the demo.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2012-02-15 at 05:59 PM.

If you did not like the first 2, you probably won't like the 3rd one.

If you did not like the first 2... why are you even in a ME thread?
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Its just like ME2, not sure if they added anything new since I havnt played ME2 in a while.

I honestly can't remember the last time I was this excited about a game. after playing the multiplayer demo, I'm even more pumped. I've been replaying me 1 and 2 to have all the saves I want( I have 10 current full1-2 saves, including the me 2 ending where *********SPOILER******** Shepard dies, just because.).Currently doing an insanity play through, though I don't know of I'll have it done by launch, due to working a crapton, but oh well.

Have not tried the single player part of the demo yet, so if someone could tell me any major differences ( if any) between multiplayer and single player vanguard, that's be swell.

Is it also safe to assume that nothing carries over from the demo to the game when it launches? I'd imagine not, but that would be pretty cool.

and excuse my awful typing, shitty iPhone ftw.

10+ Year Old Account
    I watched a playthrough of the demo. The writing seems rather bad, not nearly the same quality as the first two :/

Found a youtube playlist with some of the demo music. As a fan of the series since ME 1, I was pretty shocked when Jack Wall was removed from the music production. The music from the first 2 were absolutely amazing and to have someone else, even a guy like Clint Mansell, to come in worried me not because the music wouldn't be great but because it would lose that feel that the first 2 had. I'm glad I was proven wrong as many of the tracks ooze that sci fi greatness that the first one had while keeping the dramatic feel that the second one had.

Character creation music
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cdZqaf-e6Y&feature

Escape from Earth track (Yes, the one with the Normandy leaving)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8coPpuYaF4&feature

---------- Post added 2012-02-15 at 06:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by thebum06 View Post
    I watched a playthrough of the demo. The writing seems rather bad, not nearly the same quality as the first two :/
    Casey Hudson wrote on his twitter that the dialogue from the demo was cut and more will be in the full game.

Quote Originally Posted by Wogglefek View Post
    Currently doing an insanity play through, though I don't know of I'll have it done by launch, due to working a crapton, but oh well.
    Just a heads up, there are a select few encounters that are very hard with improper squad mates and heavy weapon, so plan accordingly. You seem to have played enough times to know what encounters to expect on a given level. And regarding your spoiler save, you can't import an ME2 save to ME3 where Shepard dies during the final mission, you'll start with a template char instead.

I consider ME games a sci-fi RPG, not a FPS.
    If you play ME cos it looks like a FPS you are doing it wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    Its just like ME2, not sure if they added anything new since I havnt played ME2 in a while.
    I felt like it was a mix between ME1 and ME2. The health and shield system seemed a bit more ME1 to me.

@ Raphtheone, I know I can't, I just did it for shits and giggles. :P. I thought it was pretty cool that it was an ending at all, instead of just "GAME OVER K." Wondering if there will be something similar in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    If you did not like the first 2, you probably won't like the 3rd one.

If you did not like the first 2... why are you even in a ME thread?
    Because i do not except to get a good amount of better epic RPG games in a while :/
    But in ME1 and 2 i had to switch to easy difficulty just to skip the FPS part, still had a naive hope they will change it...
    Aldoraan Ret Pally since 2.4

Outland - love forever

Because i do not except to get a good amount of better epic RPG games in a while :/
    But in ME1 and 2 i had to switch to easy difficulty just to skip the FPS part, still had a naive hope they will change it...
    uhhh technically its not an fps but we'll skip that part for a minute. Think about what your saying for a minute. Replace me1 and me2 with say diablo or gears of war. Can you see how foolish that sounds now?

Deleted
    I just played the demo and it was truly epic. It also makes me want the game even more just so I can find the answers to a few questions. Such as why is Cerberus now fighting against Shepard and why is the Normandy 2 now an Alliance ship?

Uh, what was wrong with it? I had no problems with the combat on any difficulty. Sure, I died from time to time on a fresh insanity playthrough, (only at like 3 parts in ME2, and once I got the first rank of all my abilities in ME1 I don't think I ever died again, tank soldier OP) but it's not like it was particularly harsh. The interface always worked well for me, though I wasn't a fan of the shaky sniper in ME1.

So far you've been pretty vague, what exactly was so bad about the combat?

---------- Post added 2012-02-15 at 08:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    I just played the demo and it was truly epic. It also makes me want the game even more just so I can find the answers to a few questions. Such as why is Cerberus now fighting against Shepard and why is the Normandy 2 now an Alliance ship?
    For Cerberus, I would imagine that it's because their goals and Shepard's goals are now at odds. Cerberus all but abandoned Shepard when the Alliance took him prisoner for the events in the Arrival DLC, (Shepard blows up 350,000k Batarians to prevent the immediate destruction of the Galaxy) which was a year before ME3. Shepard's been grounded the whole time, and Cerberus hasn't exactly been trying to help him.

The Normandy SR-2 was examined by the Alliance, taken apart, and then rebuilt with new technologies and areas. Shepard couldn't really object considering he was basically in jail.

Cerberus' main agenda is to ensure the survival, and the dominance of the human race in the galaxy. Cerberus would gladly fight alongside the Alliance (and Shepard) to fight the Reapers, the threat to the human race, as they have done in the past (ME2). There's no way TIM would betray everything he and Cerberus stands for over a personal grudge. Now, the spoiler version: If you read the comics, or browse the internet OCD style, not only do you learn what TIM's name actually is, you also learn about his background and history; what shaped him into what he is today. His future (ME3, that is) is intertwined with his past; TIM, and by extension Cerberus, are indoctrinated, and as such slaves to the Reapers. This is why they attack Shepard, since (s)he's the #1 threat to the Reapers, having thwarted their plans more than once already.