Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

I'm begging and begging

I know they want the game to be perfect, but I really really want this to come out soon!!!! I'm so bored with wow and swtor is driving me nuts
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

10+ Year Old Account
    Play some console games, go check out some f2p mmos, buy a game or 2 off steam. The game isn't going to come out perfect, but the release shouldn't be more than 2-3 months away.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Begging is not an attractive trait. There's plenty of other things to do beside MMOs to keep you busy. Before you know it, it'll be here.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yea I know begging is not a good thing. But I want this game so bad
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

I can get you the game early...

... for your soul
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    Play some console games, go check out some f2p mmos, buy a game or 2 off steam. The game isn't going to come out perfect, but the release shouldn't be more than 2-3 months away.
    I'd love to be as optimistic as you but I doubt we'll see this before summer 2012. And summer at the earliest.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I'd love to be as optimistic as you but I doubt we'll see this before summer 2012. And summer at the earliest.
    I don't think I'm very far off seeing as how open beta starts next month in March and then April. Unless something goes terribly wrong, I don't see a summer launch happening (Not to mention NCsoft seeking to release the game before or after summer according to the conference call. Before summer is much more likely.)

That wasn't optimism, it was an educated guess.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

10+ Year Old Account
    Developers don't like to release MMOs mid summer because less people play. I can see them doing an early fall release at this rate. Beta in March/April could lead to a May release date, but look at Tera online, they're in weekend betas now with a concrete release date of May 1st (April 28th head start). So while I'm not sure why ArenaNet is so secretive about the release of this game I'm not as naive to believe they're gonna wait until mid March and say "SURPRISE!! GW2 launches in 3 days!!! Happy?!"

To OP: I was so excited for GW2 about 2 weeks ago that it physically hurt. Like the feeling you get when your g/f dumps you or something. My advice is you look at another game or take a break from gaming altogether. I rerolled on WoW with one of my buddies, when I'm not doing that I bought Duke Nukem Forever on steam sale for $5, also playing Skyrim again, and I did the beta weekend for tera online. Let's just say after all that I've calmed down a good bit and I'm slightly more patient when i think about playing GW2.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I had to guess when they would announce a date? It would probably be late March, early April. I can see April beta being used as a demo like they hinted they would months ago (unless something goes wrong...).

Lack of release date could just be a safety net to avoid disappointment when/if something does go wrong and they have to push the date back.
    Last edited by Malthurius; 2012-02-16 at 07:44 PM.

Deleted
    Just ordered Sly Racoon trilogy, this will give me a blast from the past and hopefully keep me from going to insane. I recommend going back to some games you liked as a child for a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    No way! No more rushed releases!
    I like sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I can get you the game early...

... for your soul
    Signed! I'm glad my tainted soul could be of use to me.

Deleted
    I pray to God that they don't release the game until may at least... Simply because I have no computer that can run it atm, and I'm saving up for a gaming computer, sooo yeah... May or later would be goooooood!

While an exact date cannot be predicted of course and things do go wrong we can get a fairly close guess based on what has been said.

Facts we know: -Anet has stated that the full release of the game will come shortly after the open beta and it would only last a few weeks. They want the game to be as close to done as possible prior to beta.
    -Beta press event has started already.
    -The NDA is scheduled to drop on February 20th.

These facts combined give off a very strong indication that the game will be released sooner rather than later. I'd guess within the next few months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    -The NDA is scheduled to drop on February 20th
    It's not an NDA drop, it's the end of the embargo on information from the press beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    It's not an NDA drop, it's the end of the embargo on information from the press beta.
    You have a source on this? All information I saw from a variety of sites listed this as the NDA end.

Oh I don't know, perhaps you could find a more productive hobby that you can practice in parallel with playing games? Yeesh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Play some other stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    You have a source on this? All information I saw from a variety of sites listed this as the NDA end.
    http://twitter.com/#!/GuildWars2/sta...88756315910144