Poll: Opinion On Blizzard Store Mounts/Pets

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Oh limited resources... ok some quick facts.

Firehawk the mount from Firelands that you can get ingame has:

15147 vertices
    5049 polygons.

The new dragon mount from c-shop has:

36600 verts,
    12200 faces.

ROFL?

The countless re-colored drakes should be in the Blizz store for like 10 bucks.

Celestial Steed, Winged Guardian, and Heart of the Aspects should be drops/achievement awards.

That's my opinion.

Deleted
    Its sad , wow is slowly turning into one of those f2p with real money shops. Blizz putting more effort in a store mount then into a in-game boss mount .
    and 25$ ? wow
    i will restrain myself from commenting on the people that buy them
    but 25$ ?

Logged to do my daily 5min routine and all ogm is full of them . Some guy was selling them for 50k , i WOULD buy one for 50k but then people will think i bought it with real money , and i dont want that :<

I think MoP will bring items with in-game effects that u can buy for real money .

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I-like-chocolate-milk View Post
    Its sad , wow is slowly turning into one of those f2p with real money shops. Blizz putting more effort in a store mount then into a in-game boss mount .
    and 25$ ? wow
    i will restrain myself from commenting on the people that buy them
    but 25$ ?

Logged to do my daily 5min routine and all ogm is full of them . Some guy was selling them for 50k , i WOULD buy one for 50k but then people will think i bought it with real money , and i dont want that :<

I think MoP will bring items with in-game effects that u can buy for real money .
    Why do you care of what others think about you in a video game? It doesn't matter; If you want to buy it then by all means do so. It's YOUR game

They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

But seriously, I'm fine with them doing that. Don't want it? Don't buy it. Want it? Then buy it. Don't have that much money on hand at the moment? Save up for a little bit. Want it but don't want to buy it? Maybe hint at a friend or family member that you'd like it as a gift.

It's not rocket science.

Unless it's a rocket mount.

Edit: It would have been cool if they were available as achievement mounts though, like some people have said.

But hey, Blizzard is a huge fucking company and if they can make some profit on stuff like this, then good for them.

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    But hey, Blizzard is a huge fucking company and if they can make some profit on stuff like this, then good for them.
    That's why I say more power to them.

I still think currently the best game on the market is WOW. And I'm very close to think it's the very best computer game I have ever played in my life. And I have been gaming for like 30 years now.

I'm just very sad they are moving the best designers in the industry away from WOW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceshaman View Post
    Oh limited resources... ok some quick facts.

Firehawk the mount from Firelands that you can get ingame has:

15147 vertices
    5049 polygons.

The new dragon mount from c-shop has:

36600 verts,
    12200 faces.

ROFL?
    And yet many people, like myself, like the firehawk more than the heart of the aspects.

If they want to make money from a mount (again), that's up to them and I don't care. They're a company, not a charity institution. My opinion? It's fine, I don't have to buy one, and it doesn't affect my experience in the slightest. People really should stop caring about what people they will most likely never interact with in any meaningful way buy or not.

Would have been cool if it was an achievement reward or some rare drop, yeah. But it isn't. Deal with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by bones83 View Post
    If people have an issue with paying for the mount, what is their opinion of buying DLC like map packs, skins, and other such stuff from places like Xbox Live, the Playstation Network, Steam, etc? Just asking because places like those have been doing it for years and some before Blizzard ever did.
    That's cancer killing this industry to me.

But wow mounts are even more offending in a sense.
    People are already paying each month, why release anything, yes even skins, for money?

It makes sense in league of legends, because of the f2p model, but not in p2p.
    Jeez.

10+ Year Old Account
    We dont have to pay to have additional content. Beside new expansion, I will be really angry if I had to pay for a new dungeon, a new class or something that add to the content of the game. But I really dont care if they sell some "esthetic only" things like mounts. They not change the content or the gameplay of the entire game and I dont have to buy them to enjoy the full game.

I don't mind it, but it's really big and bright. It's just annoying when a lot of people have them flopping around SW making my eyes hurt and being unable to click on the mailbox is annoying because those tails are all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    You don't own any Apple products, do you?
    he also doesn't own a computer which typically requires you to pay for upgrade to the OS, and pay for software, and pay for hardware updates.
    and he doesn't own a house which requires you to pay for upgrades to new parts, pay for expansions to the house, pay the mortgage every month.

and he never had cable installed at his non-house. because you pay for installation, pay for service every month, pay for special pay-per-view items.
    as a matter of fact. ya know most things seem to use this sort of practice. strange, that.

---------- Post added 2012-02-16 at 10:21 PM ----------

They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!
    i'm stealing this for my sig.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

I don't like it. But I can live with it. I'll never buy items with real money though. I personally don't like the look of the new mount anyway. Too gaudy IMO.

However, if they ever sold an item that provided an in-game advantage, that's the day I walk away from WoW.

I would like to see the profits used for charity, not just for a limited time and not just on certain items.

Deleted
    If it helps Blizzard keep the game going, I don't care who buys and what from them, as long as it doesn't affect my game.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert the fish View Post
    he also doesn't own a computer which typically requires you to pay for upgrade to the OS, and pay for software, and pay for hardware updates.
    if i pay for the computer and i want to upgrade it, i do indeed need to pay again when i upgrade it. but if i were....ooh, i dont know...renting my computer, you know, paying a monthly fee to use that computer, then when its time for an upgrade you get that as part of your package.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert the fish View Post
    and he doesn't own a house which requires you to pay for upgrades to new parts, pay for expansions to the house, pay the mortgage every month.
    if i pay for a house, i am responsible for it. quite correct. but if i was renting a house....you know, paying a set amount every month....then its the landlord thats responsible for maintaining the house, out of my rent.

anyone can make ridiculous analogies to support their arguments. but you appear to have hit a new low by trying ridiculous analogies that actually shoot holes in yours. 2/10, must try harder.

Whatever brings in the profits that doesn't break the game, I suppose. I bought the sparkle pony and that was it, skipped the last two.

For those who are saying that they're bothered when buying a mount from the store gets you unique mounts and playing the game doesn't, I'd like to raise you these:

5 man Heroics:
    Reins of the Vitreous Stone Drake/Reins of the Volcanic Stone Drake
    BoT/BWD/TotFW
    Reins of the Drake of the East Wind/Reins of the Drake of the South Wind
    Firelands:
    Corrupted Egg of Millagazor/Smoldering Egg of Millagazor
    Dragon Soul:
    Twilight Harbinger/Blazing Drake/Life-Binder's Handmaiden

Is four unique models with multiple color variations to allow for more people to have access to them not good enough for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    if i pay for the computer and i want to upgrade it, i do indeed need to pay again when i upgrade it. but if i were....ooh, i dont know...renting my computer, you know, paying a monthly fee to use that computer, then when its time for an upgrade you get that as part of your package.

if i pay for a house, i am responsible for it. quite correct. but if i was renting a house....you know, paying a set amount every month....then its the landlord thats responsible for maintaining the house, out of my rent.

anyone can make ridiculous analogies to support their arguments. but you appear to have hit a new low by trying ridiculous analogies that actually shoot holes in yours. 2/10, must try harder.
    you must live in a fantastic world.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    this is already possible. go to store, buy lots of BoE pets. sell on the AH. use gold to buy spot with raid guild to get mount. but hey, nothing in the store can be used for ingame advantage, can it?
    The amount of ignorance of this post is fascinating.

Why don't you go try that yourself and come back to us when it actually works?

The one and only pet you can sell on the AH isn't worth anything compared to how much gold people have right now. To buy a spot in a raiding guild for the mount would go much higher than you could ever dream of making selling the pet via AH. The amount of effort and money that would be required to accomplish that... it's just unreasonable to use as an argument. That's like saying just because there's a absolutely itty-bitty chance of being eaten alive by a blue whale(selling BoE pets via AH then somehow making enough to buy your way into a raid for the mount), means no one should be allowed to swim in the ocean(Buy that BoE pet).

Quote Originally Posted by Bulwarked View Post
    The amount of ignorance of this post is fascinating.

Why don't you go try that yourself and come back to us when it actually works?

The one and only pet you can sell on the AH isn't worth anything compared to how much gold people have right now. To buy a spot in a raiding guild for the mount would go much higher than you could ever dream of making selling the pet via AH. The amount of effort and money that would be required to accomplish that... it's just unreasonable to use as an argument. That's like saying just because there's a absolutely itty-bitty chance of being eaten alive by a blue whale, means no one should be allowed to swim in the ocean.
    how much are guilds charging for a rag mount run at the moment? 100k gold? if they were, that would be around 10 of the BoE pets, which are $10 each atm. people are quite happy to pay $25 for a mount that the whole world and his wife can get. are you seriously suggesting noone would pay $100 for a mount that is a lot rarer?

so, talk me through where the ignorance was in my post again?

25$ for this ? its just a joke,

Look like all the gold I have farmed worth nothing, I can't even buy new mount with my ingame income

For a 10$ package, Ill take all the mounts and pet and for 1,25$ Ill buy one

They should add ingame mount for gold

The only mount worth watching is the winged gardian, the others are just lame,