Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    That's probably a hiccup between shamanism and lava burst tooltips. I somehow don't see both stacking to produce a 1 sec LB.
    lava burst was removed form shamanism, so no theres no hicup

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noblia View Post
    I have nothing against you or any other gamers Aerion. As far as constructive goes, that is in the eye of the beholder. I have seen an amazing amount of constructive posts in the wow forums ,when I used to play back when, only to be deleted by forum fascists. When your ego as a dev is as large as those of some devs that make games(i would say almost all but the most humble of developers imho) whenever you see anything that seems like a slight you downplay it as jealousy, or beingmean or trolling(thats my favorite because 99% of constructive posts have been deleted under that HUGE umbrella)

WoW is so freaking boring(from what I have been reading) now that players have gone to extremes. Instead of sitting in some major city trolling chat they have had to come up with a new game given blizzard has failed to entertain them. This game called ironman lol. To addicted to just quit.

My suggestion, blizzard should remove entertainment from their title and just call themselves 'Blizzard...invent your own game lol.' Just a suggestion.

Shamans suck and these changes insure they will suck more... Thats my constructive opinion. Take it for what its worth.

I suppose I'm then one who took it out on you, so I do apologize for that.

What comes to the inventing one's own game, yeah I guess you are right. In a way WoW has lost some of it's former glory and is more or less taped/held together by the will of the people (& duct tape). We are in the end creating our own fun and entertainment, more or less because the actual content patches and such are so far apart from each other, leaving periods of time totally void of any new (and potentially fun) stuff.

PS.

To my eye constructive criticism is kind of like looking at the both sides of the coin, not just the bad stuff. 'Even if your opinion might turn out negative in the end, you might as well embrace some of the good things on the side.'
    Last edited by Aerion; 2012-02-16 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lannael View Post
    "Camouflage - Can now be cast while in combat. Lasts for 6 sec if cast in combat, otherwise, lasts for 1 min."Am I the only one to find this to make no sense at all? Can only be cast in combat, last six seconds, otherwise 1 min? But they just stated you can only cast it while in combat... *facepalm*
    The only reason it doesn't make sense - to you - is because you have changed "now" into "only".

---------- Post added 2012-02-16 at 07:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticBlade View Post
    I've always been one to hold back on the criticism and try and be constructive in all my posts, but imo Blizzard's design decisions are just getting worse and worse. For example, with this new talent build they've removed one of the better ideas they had for hunter passives,...

And for those who say it's still early, there's going to be a massive overhaul, etc, you have very short memories.
    I was going to say that you over-looked the Blue post regarding the release of the talent calculator:

• For shaman and hunters, we still have a ways to go with the revamp of talents, and this latest calculator doesn’t have some of the changes that we’re currently working on.
    But by the end of your post I can see you don't believe any of it, so it probably doesn't matter to you what Blizz says at this point.

I hope you enjoy GW2.
    Last edited by Yseraboy; 2012-02-16 at 08:00 PM.
    I take some solace in the fact that even though my snarky reply to someone's condescending rhetorical question earned me a 1-week ban, my post was not deleted. I was rather proud of that bit of snark, and I am glad it lives on.

looks like they nerfed every class damage wise. was hoping for some insane dps increases lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Information about New Druid spell Symbiosis by Blizzard

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Here's the process:

• The Druid will select a raid or party member and cast Symbiosis on them.
    • The target cannot be another Druid.
    • The target gains a buff that tells them what spell they have temporarily learned, and that spell temporarily appears in their spellbook, and they can drag it to an action bar.
    • The Druid’s Symbiosis button will become the ability they gained from the target class.
    • The Symbiosis link is cancelled if: the Druid clicks off the Symbiosis buff, or the Druid or the target changes continents or enters or exits an instance, or the Druid or the target changes talent specializations.
    • Symbiosis fails to cast if Symbiosis is already active on that target.
    • Symbiosis cannot be cast in combat.
    • For the non-Druid target, the icon will revert to a placeholder (uncastable) Symbiosis icon when Symbiosis ends, but will become the Symbiosis-granted ability again the next time Symbiosis is cast on that target.
    • The ability gained from Symbiosis is always something chosen to match the Druid’s specialization and the target’s combat role.
    • The target always gets the same spell unless they change combat roles. A Druid of a given specialization always gets the same spell from each different class. If there is a change of specs, there is a change of spell.

Here are some examples of spells gained through Symbiosis. The spells shared focus on utility, cooldowns, and survival. (Adding Fireball to a Moonkin’s rotation sounds cool on paper, but wouldn’t actually be fun in the long run.)

Balance: Chains of Ice, Mirror Image, Mass Dispel
    Feral: Feign Death (Play Dead!), Frost Nova, Soul Swap
    Guardian: Ice Trap, Fear Ward, Consecration
    Restoration: Ice Block, Hand of Sacrifice, Leap of Faith
    Hunter: Dash
    Warlock: Rejuvenation
    Holy Paladin: Rebirth
    Arms/Fury Warrior: Enrage
    Enhancement/Elemental Shaman: Solar Beam

There are a lot more coming, but we'll keep some surprises for now, and many are still subject to change after testing.*

*Including all of those just listed.

This was directly taken from a Blue Post.

I already hate Ret's rotation. Removing Exo procs just seems like it will make it even more jank and open-GCD filled. Stretching Prot Pally's CS and HotR to a 4.5 second CD from their current 3s CD also worries me, because that just sounds like the rotation is going to feel more like Ret, which I already can't stand. I'm definitely nervous for my Paladin right now.

So I have many level 85's and honestly I can say when looking the shaman talents ..Eh? THe paladins got some cool things, the dks,the druids, the hunters.Mind you these sare classes that I have at 85 and classes I raid with from time to time, just shaman just feel eh. As enh I do not see any really interesting things besides I can heal more, and I have a CD that will let me do more ranged dps.

GG Bliz im quitting playing my mage. All of your changes just broke the game and are absolutely stupid. Have fun loseing another 1.8 mil subs in mists of pandas.

ugh 8 sec cd on shaman dispel

Quote Originally Posted by Alta View Post
    GG Bliz im quitting playing my mage. All of your changes just broke the game and are absolutely stupid. Have fun loseing another 1.8 mil subs in mists of pandas.
    Not going to happen you might keep getting mad or bothered by how easy the game is going. But it's only going to keep getting bigger and stay popular People like easy dumb down games and it will never change, Facebook ruined it for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Noblia View Post
    I have nothing against you or any other gamers Aerion. As far as constructive goes, that is in the eye of the beholder. I have seen an amazing amount of constructive posts in the wow forums ,when I used to play back when, only to be deleted by forum fascists. When your ego as a dev is as large as those of some devs that make games(i would say almost all but the most humble of developers imho) whenever you see anything that seems like a slight you downplay it as jealousy, or beingmean or trolling(thats my favorite because 99% of constructive posts have been deleted under that HUGE umbrella)

WoW is so freaking boring(from what I have been reading) now that players have gone to extremes. Instead of sitting in some major city trolling chat they have had to come up with a new game given blizzard has failed to entertain them. This game called ironman lol. To addicted to just quit.

My suggestion, blizzard should remove entertainment from their title and just call themselves 'Blizzard...invent your own game lol.' Just a suggestion.

Shamans suck and these changes insure they will suck more... Thats my constructive opinion. Take it for what its worth.
    Shamans are great in Pve. In PvP? Not so much, but WoW is a PvE game first and PvP second. And that's not my constructive opinion, that's a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    Shamans are great in Pve. In PvP? Not so much, but WoW is a PvE game first and PvP second. And that's not my constructive opinion, that's a fact.
    Hehe so sadly true, well put!

lol that 400% mana is rubbish serious same mana pools whats point in gearing up then now no matter how much gear you get you wont even feel it as a healer tbh ooo spell power plsss zzzz

Paladin:

"*NEW* Holy Insight (Passive) increases your mana pool by 400%" lololololol

Rogue:

"Versatility - Your Redirect ability now has no cooldown." lololololol

"Shroud of Concealment - Extend a cloak that wraps party and raid members within 20 yards in shadows, concealing them from sight. (5 min cooldown)"
    lololololol though there has to be some catch to this.

Note: all lol's are done with glee and excitement.

There are no lol's for the ridiculous amount of damage nerfs for all classes though. No lol's indeed.

did anyone else poop their pants in happiness when they saw the new shaman ability ascendancy?

Quote Originally Posted by Shiftia View Post
    Aquatic form only lasts 5 seconds? Odd...
    mmo champion got something very wrong here because aquatic form still has no duration in the new calculator

BUT if you use wild charge IN AQUATIC FORM you will have an ADDITIONAL 200% swim speed for 5 seconds... you won't leave aquatic form after those 5 seconds

big difference...
    Last edited by Crovyn; 2012-02-16 at 10:34 PM.

Deleted
    rogue raid wide buff learned at lvl 30 : Swiftblade's Cunning (Passive) - increase melle and range attack speed of all party or raid members in 100 yards by 10%

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gregomyeggo View Post
    did anyone else poop their pants in happiness when they saw the new shaman ability ascendancy?
    I sure hope you didn't either.

Sure looks to be a great new year for Hunters, Shamans, Mages, Warlocks, Priests, Death Knights, Paladins, Druids, Warriors & Rogues, not to mention the Pandas.

PS.

Lava Beams anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Post
    Survival hunter;

Black Arrow - Now fires a Black Arrow at the target, dealing 1,051% Weapon damage as Shadow damage to the enemy target. In addition, Black Arrow deals 4,204 damage over 20 sec to the target and any other enemy within the path of the Black Arrow when fired. (40 yd range, Costs 40 focus, No cooldown, Instant cast)
    OMG what are they thinking of?
    Last edited by bobn9lvu; 2012-02-16 at 10:57 PM.

Deleted
    dem Warlock changes