Current state of PvP

I am looking for an informed opinion on the current state of PvP in Cata and whether or not Blizz has the game headed in the right direction again after what many believe was/is a poor effort on the pvp front of Cata. I have been out of the game for a while and am just trying to get some active pvpers feedback on the current situation and the future outlook of pvp. Thank you in advance.[COLOR="red"]

Mod edit: don't bump your own threads.
    Last edited by mmoc9b719c3609; 2012-02-18 at 04:03 PM.

RBG's have been improved on dramatically since the release of Cata. Ratings are actually meaningful, not just a measure of how long you grinded, and cross-realm options opening doors for people on lower population servers.

Aside from that, pvp is the same as it ever was.

Future outlook is impossible to say since we can do nothing more then theorycraft off minimal information about MoP.

Arena season is one of the worst so far, if you're looking for fun and a reason to get back.. you're not missing a thing.

RBG's have been improved on dramatically since the release of Cata. Ratings are actually meaningful
    not sure if serious, i can write a novel about things that plague RBGs

10+ Year Old Account
    Class Balance is as bad as it has ever been. Rogues are approaching Season 5 DK status, with over 53% of 2400+ arena being RLS and RMP. Rets are dropping 100k+ instant heals and 40k crits which has brought about a plague of rogue/ret/hunter or dk triple dps teams. Longer games are becoming rarer and rarer as so many teams, almost all rogue teams, go full out at the start of the match and pretty much just CD race. Warriors are almost non existent.

RBGs is the same as it has been for awhile now. Prot war, Rogue, Mage, Lock, Hpal, Hpriest, Resto Shaman, Frost DK, + potential 4th healer then another dps, possibly hunter/moonkin, but realistically another RMLDK or the very rare feral/ret. The only real difference now is the FC has really no chance of surviving the burst now past 5 stacks against a competent offense, so the mid fight really decides most games.

Playing a Warrior its the worst its ever been or a tie with season 5, its hard to say. Good thing about season 5 was there was no RBGs where you could play but have to FC. Which is why I am playing DK now when I log in WoW, but I don't care about it.

There is a North America Online Invitational tournament on Twitch.tv today, http://www.twitch.tv/naoinv , starting at 2pm PST I think, as well as tomorrow and Sunday. Watching it would give you an idea of how the top end is going, though they bar the overpowered pve items in the tourney so it's not quite the same as you won't see any triple dps I think, but its mostly the same comps doing the same type of strats.
    Last edited by Korgoth; 2012-02-17 at 07:39 PM.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

All in all I think Blizzard is starting to understand balance between the classes better, though I feel it would be truly impossible to perfectly balance all of the classes without making them the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not to mention if your like me and played and joined 3 weeks after the season started in RBG, nobody wants you and its impossible to get a group with 0 current rating.

Having the funnest time with PvP since BC.

PvP's not that bad if you can stick through the first initial gear grind.
    There's a few moments, like warriors and rogues just destroying a 5k resil target like melted butter but for the most part it's better than it was in WotLK

Almost as bad as s5.

Cleave teams rape. Got a dk? Got a ret? You got glad. Every man for himself (human racial) being used to stack even 384 LFR trinkets in RBGs and arena for retarded burst and sustained damage. 9/10 of top pvpers moving to Alliance for the trinket, or quitting altogether.

RBGs - Same old. Stack a bunch of one type - Caster / melee and get a rogue for bombs, imbalanced as fuck.

2V2 - Lol. Feral Priest, nuff said.

3v3 - Get cleave, get glad

5v5 - Who knows, honestly. No one plays this bracket.

Normal BGs. Plagued by Real ID premades. Typically Alliance. 8 human dps and 2 healers. All of the humans stacking double dps trinkets thanks to EMFH. GY farming for 200 hks +, 600 in AV.

World PVP - Guards that hit 60k, nuff said really.

Quote Originally Posted by Akoroth View Post
    Almost as bad as s5.

Cleave teams rape. Got a dk? Got a ret? You got glad. Every man for himself (human racial) being used to stack even 384 LFR trinkets in RBGs and arena for retarded burst and sustained damage. 9/10 of top pvpers moving to Alliance for the trinket, or quitting altogether.

RBGs - Same old. Stack a bunch of one type - Caster / melee and get a rogue for bombs, imbalanced as fuck.

Normal BGs. Plagued by Real ID premades. Typically Alliance. 8 human dps and 2 healers. All of the humans stacking double dps trinkets thanks to EMFH. GY farming for 200 hks +, 600 in AV.

Thanks you saved me from typing.
    Agreed and done.
    “Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde

Thats what I thought. I dont know about you all, but it has been down hill since BC imo but I really enjoy the style of MMO's which is why I am asking the opinions of current players as the only other feasible option is SWTOR (which is WoW in star wars skin) and that game is just coming out of the gates; it is a bit depressing going from a 7 year old game where there were 7 yaers worth of balancing and innovation to a new game with just potential.. Does MoP show hope? or is it just going to be another version of them trying to milk their cash cow?

Thanks for all the responses

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PvP Coach View Post
    PvP has potential for improvement but it isn't too great right now... go check out pvpcoach.com for more updates
    isnt advertising against rules?

OT : PvP across the board is not in a good state really.
    damage is through the roof (far higher than was every really anticipated), and Blizzard keep buffing certain classes.
    RBGs are a joke, you wait until you get smoke bomb > dead.
    3v3 is being dominated by rogue teams, and now the new rising dominance is rogue/ret/X teams (due to WoG crazy 100k heals).
    guards that insta-kill you if you go within 100 yards of them making world pvp non-existent
    to actually have any fun you need to play a rogue or mage, or team up with one

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefuu View Post

not sure if serious, i can write a novel about things that plague RBGs
    doesn't mean they haven't improved?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akoroth View Post
    Almost as bad as s5.

All of this is correct, but you forgot rampant botting.

Short answer? Don't come back if you're coming back due to PvP.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow