Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dosvidaniya View Post
    Kind of tangential: but, this was posted on twitter.

https://twitter.com/#!/mkerstein/sta...34825254002688

It makes me wonder how hard it is to take a keep.
    Good to see they are getting in some WvW. Now i hope they have any reasonable number of people playing to get a better impression of the layout and performance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    Good to see they are getting in some WvW. Now i hope they have any reasonable number of people playing to get a better impression of the layout and performance.
    No need to hope. I'd say the majority of content incoming in the next few hours will cover WvWvW.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    You could do something like the small server will attack the fortress from the north while the large server attacks from the south. It would do a great job of spreading out, thus weakening their defence, and anyone from the two attacking servers that tried to attack the other would find themselves in a 100v1 battle.
    From what I remember in my time with DOAC aliances of that sort rarely if ever happened and even more rarely worked at all smoothly. It was more common for realm A (the big one) to be attacking realm B and while that was happening realm C would go in and start takeing realm A's territory. This would normaly force realm A to either abandon their attack to defend or split their forces, either way weakening them. There are far to many in a crowd with the mindset of "If its Red its Dead" to be worth bringing an army into visual range of another force if you dont plan to wipe that force out. Of corse it was also fairly common for a weaker realm to wait for one side or the other to be about to win a battle only to rush in and hit them while they are weakend and wipe out both sides.

In the end the amount of communication that is possible between servers will determin what kind of aliances can form. if their's no direct communication then chances are no real alliances and betrail will form. the only alliances will be ones of momentary convenience as leaders from one of the weaker sides decides to flank the bigest foe while they are busy with the other weak server.

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Rife View Post
    No need to hope. I'd say the majority of content incoming in the next few hours will cover WvWvW.
    Yeah, WvW is the one thing we haven't seen any footage on at all so I expect tons of it.

Quote Originally Posted by omlech View Post
    Yeah, WvW is the one thing we haven't seen any footage on at all so I expect tons of it.
    And dungeons Gimme dungeons! And can't wait for more underwater footage.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Yeah, we haven't seen any actual gameplay of dungeons either. I did read that the beta is for 1-30 so I'm going to assume no one got to play any dungeons, though we'll know for certain later today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merendel View Post
    From what I remember in my time with DOAC aliances of that sort rarely if ever happened and even more rarely worked at all smoothly. It was more common for realm A (the big one) to be attacking realm B and while that was happening realm C would go in and start takeing realm A's territory. This would normaly force realm A to either abandon their attack to defend or split their forces, either way weakening them. There are far to many in a crowd with the mindset of "If its Red its Dead" to be worth bringing an army into visual range of another force if you dont plan to wipe that force out. Of corse it was also fairly common for a weaker realm to wait for one side or the other to be about to win a battle only to rush in and hit them while they are weakend and wipe out both sides.

In the end the amount of communication that is possible between servers will determin what kind of aliances can form. if their's no direct communication then chances are no real alliances and betrail will form. the only alliances will be ones of momentary convenience as leaders from one of the weaker sides decides to flank the bigest foe while they are busy with the other weak server.
    This i don't see alliances work either since they will still kill each other when they meet.
    However it's exactly like you said. A > B ... B defends against A ... C feels ignored, so they nuke A

that's just one way of balancing stuf ^^
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

There's just so much I'm hoping to see... 3 more long hours until we get a taste of some more GW2. I haven't slept in like 2 days either and I'm so ready for it but I can't bring myself to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by omlech View Post
    Yeah, we haven't seen any actual gameplay of dungeons either. I did read that the beta is for 1-30 so I'm going to assume no one got to play any dungeons, though we'll know for certain later today.
    Ahh...didn't know about that level restriction. That's a shame, I was looking forward to seeing them as they've said before that dungeons were actually what was the most highly polished, but that they didn't feel conventions were a good place to show them off. To me, that screamed beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Mkalafut View Post
    There's just so much I'm hoping to see... 3 more long hours until we get a taste of some more GW2. I haven't slept in like 2 days either and I'm so ready for it but I can't bring myself to do it.
    Good hypage Give it another day or so and ul collapse in a very satisfied delirium.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh...didn't know about that level restriction. That's a shame, I was looking forward to seeing them as they've said before that dungeons were actually what was the most highly polished, but that they didn't feel conventions were a good place to show them off. To me, that screamed beta.

Good hypage Give it another day or so and ul collapse in a very satisfied delirium.
    IIRC, MikeB said he'ld do a dungeon report, could be wrong, though
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

I know it will be grand<3

Who can tell me other than Totalbiscuit who will have footage? Who is this MikeB guy? And if anyone else knows of anyone else who will have articles, info, videos, images, please gimme links <3

Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    IIRC, MikeB said he'ld do a dungeon report, could be wrong, though
    Good to know I'm subbed to him, but christ just don't have enough time to check what everyone's doing lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mkalafut View Post
    I know it will be grand<3

Who can tell me other than Totalbiscuit who will have footage? Who is this MikeB guy? And if anyone else knows of anyone else who will have articles, info, videos, images, please gimme links <3
    MikeB does the bffreport, can check it here. www.zam.com/bffreport.html
    He also co-hosts on gamebreaker for some shows.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    MikeB does the bffreport, can check it here. www.zam.com/bffreport.html
    He also co-hosts on gamebreaker for some shows.
    Thanks a bunch, Jvb.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't seen something from an mmo that gets me this excited in a very long time. If there's one thing I know for sure, it's that i'll be losing a lot of sleep due to WvW.

Quote Originally Posted by Recyclops View Post
    I haven't seen something from an mmo that gets me this excited in a very long time. If there's one thing I know for sure, it's that i'll be losing a lot of sleep due to WvW.
    You and me both. Might get an angry call from people at work or school but hey! I'm busy defending my guild's keep over here!

Deleted
    Im soon done with the 45 min vid
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzQCi7c0DuY
    from the beta

Omg, it looks so epic. I will really live in that place
    Damn, all hyped up again... =) Good thing they left asura out, they went easy on my heart =)

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    from the beta

Damn, all hyped up again... =) Good thing they left asura out, they went easy on my heart =)
    Holy shit, the first minute with just the map... it's enormous. Stupidly enormous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Recyclops View Post
    Now you'll know what me and some other DAoC vets went through in RvR way back in the day

---------- Post added 2012-02-20 at 04:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    from the beta

That my friends............................ IS DAOC ON STEROIDS!!!! I need this game in my hard drive now!!!! GAAAAAHHHHH!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Supajayare View Post
    That my friends............................ IS DAOC ON STEROIDS!!!! I need this game in my hard drive now!!!! GAAAAAHHHHH!!!!
    And to think, in 45 minutes, that guy has basically been fighting in a very, VERY small area. Like an area maybe a fifth of the size of just ONE of those four maps, if even that much.

There was what, the mine, two small forts, and one of the keep gates? Running from place to place and just continually fighting various objectives all seemed to flow very well, too. I think the gates might be a little too tough to destroy though, given that it barely took damage while he was wailing on one with a siege golem..