Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    DTR is most definitely worth it.

DTR is most definitely worth it, but being so far behind and only running in a 10 man guild means it will probably take you until the absolute end of the expansion (or at least close to it) to get it if you only run 10 man. I myself still do not have my legendary and run in a 10 man guild, but have been doing weekly 25 man pugs with a core group of guildies that have been making it 6/7 on the regular. Clearing 6/7 on 25 normal is really not that hard and is very forgiving for the occasional (or, in our case, frequent, as the pool of pugs to choose from on my server is less than stellar) carry. Every boss is a one shot if people have any semblance of knowledge about what they are doing. Doing this will cut the time it takes to complete the legendary in at least a third, if not more.

If you have 15 embers now, you will have all your embers in one week. Anywhere from 45-55 cinders drop from each boss in 25 man, so that part should take you 3-4 weeks tops. I am on the siphon part, and have been getting 8 essences regularly from each boss (did have one only drop 7 though), so that part takes about 5 weeks as well. Then you're just a rag kill on 10 man with your guild away from your very own DTR.

Just make sure when you bark in trade that you mention the reservation of insert-necessary-legendary-item-here for when you are on that part of the quest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignominious View Post
    On a completely unrelated note, nice freaking transmog proveko ;D
    Haha thanks ^-^
    Also agree with what 'Okaystopdots' says, you can easily pug FL 25, you'll get the staff a lot faster.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by proVoke View Post
    loled.
    But yeah, even with the nerf to the staff, it will still be BiS before MoP levelling greens : )))
    I lol'ed at this. Reminds me of the guild drama I saw in one of my old guilds concerning a weapon drop from LK hc. The GM was a Ret Paladin and a veteran raider was an Unholy DK I believe. They argued about who deserved it more. In the end the GM kicked the officer with his alts, gf and best friend from the guild. Few days later, Cataclysm hits and both got a better green leveling weapon...

Greens from new expansions are not for the faint hearted

Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    yes and was by far the most powerful legendary in the game pre-nerf
    Thori'dal was far more powerful pre-nerf (as a %base). It was nerfed into the ground as soon as they changed steady shot to consider arrow damage.

Thunderfury was nerfed twice. Once for AoE cyclone, once again in TBC because of it's ridiculous threat gen.

All legendaries scale with gear in some way or another... most just aren't viable after an expansion. Val'nyr's shield scales. Procs Scale. Weapon Damage scales.

And yes, DTR is worth it to grab. Perhaps, host a 25man pug with your guild instead of 10man. Sell heroic gear/AChievements and keep legendary parts for yourself.
    Last edited by Vladimeir; 2012-02-21 at 06:10 PM.

Thunderfury was even nerfed in Wotlk Again Dps from like 50 to what is it now.

Like people said, since you realize how long it will take you to get it - if you feel it'll be worth the time investment, go for it. Since it won't be helping you for a majority of your progression content (most likely) it's not a huge deal and will mostly just mean speedier farm kills. I'm in a similar place where I really don't have the time to invest into putting a FL group together every week to finish it for the next 2+ months. Meh.

Deleted
    I wouldnt mind pugging firelands 25man but finding a 25man group that does weekly that is good and where i can reliably get my stuff is gonna be hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Drarion View Post
    I wouldnt mind pugging firelands 25man but finding a 25man group that does weekly that is good and where i can reliably get my stuff is gonna be hard.
    You'd be surprised. Like I said earlier, you can easily carry a few people along, and unless they are actively trying to sabotage the raid, you'll be fine. Try to get as many of your core 10 man guildies to come along to help you. There is no need to attempt 25 man heroic modes. Even if you just do normal, you'll still get the legendary much faster than 10 man heroic.

Edit: Creating your own raid that goes by your rules would be much better than trying to piggyback onto an already established 25 man raid. Besides, who raids 25 man FL regularly except for the bleeding edge guilds who are still trying to pad their roster with more staves?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Okaystopdots View Post
    Edit: Creating your own raid that goes by your rules would be much better than trying to piggyback onto an already established 25 man raid. Besides, who raids 25 man FL regularly except for the bleeding edge guilds who are still trying to pad their roster with more staves?
    I actually tried that but people started whining on just doing normal modes so we tried some hard modes, it failed and people rage quit. : /