Deleted

Beta key scam already begun??

I won't post the site because I think it's against forum rules. I haven't tried to download it and I won't do it either. But how can it possible be free download beta keys? Hope it's some sort of virus in it so the people who try to cheat to get into the beta will get punished.

I haven't googled it. I found it on their twitter. A guy had linked the site to their twitter. As I thought, it is fake. good
    Last edited by mmocebc8ec9eed; 2012-02-23 at 06:49 PM.

Deleted
    Stop googling for beta keys then, they aren't out yet and they will tell you through email. Be patient and leave google alone bro!

It is fake, the only way you can get into beta is an email from Anet with step by step instructions.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Stop googling for beta keys then, they aren't out yet and they will tell you through email. Be patient and leave google alone bro!
    I haven't. Should have mentioned it that I saw it on their twitter. A guy linked the site to GW2

From the Guild Wars 2 facebook page:

Important reminder: https://beta.guildwars2.com/ is the ONLY site you should go to sign up for a chance to be in the Guild Wars 2 beta. All other sites are scams. Have a question? It might be answered here: http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/game-faq/#fifteen or here: https://twitter.com/#!/guildwars2 ~RB

Nobody should answer any e-mails claiming to be giving out a beta key.
    No invites have gone out yet. Via twitter:
    it will be after we close sign ups tomorrow, not before ~AT

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Hehe quite obvious really =)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Yea great. Don't get me wrong guys. I am not trying to download some beta key (if that even was possible). I just want to answer people on their twitter

So tomorrow, 6 am (my time) when the application are closed, we will know if we have been accepted or not?

Ok sry, I found the answer my self on their twitter: '' Note: we have not announced when we will let you know IF you got into the beta or when the next event will be. ~RB''
    Last edited by mmocebc8ec9eed; 2012-02-23 at 06:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, it's not a swindle. What you do is, see, you give 'em all your credit card numbers, and if one of them is lucky, they'll send you a beta invite.

15+ Year Old Account
    The most obvious...you don't download a beta KEY. You download the beta client, and you get beta key on your mail.

Weren't they warning people about beta key scams like within an hour or two of opening applications? Those scammers don't waste any time.

If you signed up for the beta on Guildwars2.com then that's the only way to get a bet invitation. Don't click anything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    The answer is obvious: give them all of your personal information.
    I jest, I jest.

Seriously though, don't trust any site other than the official one for GW2 beta invites, keys, or otherwise.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Oh, it's not a swindle. What you do is, see, you give 'em all your credit card numbers, and if one of them is lucky, they'll send you a beta invite.
    Don't joke about that kind of stuff, really.

And yeah, as people have mentioned, please see only the official site, and don't click on any links from your email to get there. Use all the smarts you've gained from your years on the internet.