Page 1 of 3
LastLast

I have made my decision.

After watching this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNXKR...feature=colike I have made my final decision on picking the warrior for my first class. I'v seen so many bad's play the warrior class and it had me thinking *This looks awful*, but after watching that video I could not even begin to hold my breath at the amount of detail and work that went into that class or in the combat in general.

The way that she dodged just about every attack that the mob's through at her was astounding, not to mention the little kick attack. I cannot wait for this damn game to come out.
    Guild Wars 2 Was A Lie

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lucky, I still haven't decided which class I want to play. They all look SO amazing. I'll probably do the girly thing and pick by starting outfit...

Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    Lucky, I still haven't decided which class I want to play. They all look SO amazing. I'll probably do the girly thing and pick by starting outfit...
    Lol, its funny because something in my head keeps tinging towards the guardian. It was pretty awesome how that guardian came to help her fight that giant, the amount of group utility the guardian has is also something I look forward to.
    Guild Wars 2 Was A Lie

10+ Year Old Account
    Bad ass video. Yes, I think I'm staying with the warrior, too.
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

Engineer here. Just have to be.

That video is awesome but stolen. I'll find the original one second.

Here's a link, 3rd video:

http://www.jeuxonline.info/actualite...nts-dynamiques

Just fix the link if you don't mind so that the right source gets crdit.

I would love to see some footage of a non-caster class like warrior, thief, ranger, that switches between their melee and ranged weapons though. That's one of the things that I'm really excited about. You can be mostly melee, mostly ranged, or you can mix it up a bit and do either as you wish with just the push of a button in the middle of combat. You can adjust your play style based on the situation your in at that very moment, it just seems amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Engineer here too, decided it when they first presented the class.

I can rocket jump? I'M IN!

Also.. mines... yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wish I could make up my mind...

Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    It's not girly. :x

I do that too. XD

Deleted
    I'm having a REALLY difficult time trying to choose between the Mesmer and the Elementalist. I've been watching Avatar:TLAB recently again though, so I'll probably end up going Elementalist. Especially since I played it as my main in GW1.

yep.. i was always planning on remaking my first GW1 char.. which happened to be a warrior

im just torn between charr or norn for him.

That video is one of my favorite Guild Wars 2 videos to date. The Engineer still has my vote, but I'm definitely going to play a Warrior on the side too. It's just too awesome to pass up.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I would love to see some footage of a non-caster class like warrior, thief, ranger, that switches between their melee and ranged weapons though. That's one of the things that I'm really excited about. You can be mostly melee, mostly ranged, or you can mix it up a bit and do either as you wish with just the push of a button in the middle of combat. You can adjust your play style based on the situation your in at that very moment, it just seems amazing.
    I agree completely with this. When she was kiting the giant back, she could have switched to her rifle and took him down while doing so. I never really thought about that being a warrior for so long in WoW, I'm so used to my gun just having an auto attack doing stupid-low damage. But when you switch to a rifle on this game you get an entirely new skill set. She also has a bow as-well.

This game is just too amazing to fathom.
    Guild Wars 2 Was A Lie

GOOD GRIEF she needs to stop making those annoying "Whuaaa, wheeeee, Whoooooo" sounds when swinging that weapon. Geez.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how in that video the quest people can die from the mobs xD

Deleted
    Going with Elementalist main and Necromancer alt myself. Do we really need another thread about this?

The class / race selection threads are really getting tiresome.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    YES! YES OMG YES!

I saw this video yesterday and said to myself "warrior just jumped up in my 'I'm going to roll that first day' list!!!" Not only are the abilities so cool, but they look very... visceral (to borrow from TB's description). Also, it doesn't look like (to me) that dodging and moving out of the way of big abilities will be all that difficult (at least those mobs). For me, something like that adds to my "I'm a badass" status when I dodge a crippling blow. And for the cherry on top, she solo's 3 mobs at once and coming out of it with only a couple of bumps and bruises. War=badass in my opinion. DEFIANTLY going to try it after I roll Guardian. =D
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

10+ Year Old Account
    I've narrowed my choice down to thief or ranger ><
    Research does not consist of eating some lead based paint, checking what people are saying on the forums and then pretending like you know what you are talking about.