Deleted
    Hi,

I am having issues with a macro of mine that I use in arena. I want it to target when I don't use any modifier, focus when I use shift and Silence when I use control.

Code:
    /target arena1
    /focus [mod:shift, @arena1]
    /cast [mod:ctrl, @arena1] Silence
    This doesn't work because when I use shift + hotkey it also targets arena1.

Code:
    /target [nomod, @arena1]
    /focus [mod:shift, @arena1]
    /cast [mod:ctrl, @arena1] Silence
    This also doesn't work. It won't target anything. These three macros(arena1, 2 and 3) are bound to 1, 2, 3 on my keyboard.

Deleted
    Code:
    /tar [nomod:shift/ctrl]arena1
    /focus [mod:shift,@arena1]
    /cast [mod:ctrl,@arena1]Silence
    Should do it. Alternatively, you can try
    Code:
    /focus [mod:shift]arena1
    as the second line.

Deleted
    I'm looking for a macro that stops a specific spell.

For instance I need to use healing wave, but im currently casting Lightning bolt (as a resto shaman), so I want my macro to stop the lightning bolt cast and start the healing wave cast.
    The usual /stopcasting wont work since I'm gonna mash my buttons and would just keep interrupting my heal as well. The only spell I need stopped is lightning bolt.

I assume a "if casting lightning bolt then stopcasting" would be the solution, but I really don't know if it's possible nor do I know the syntax.

I tried searching the forums and googling it, but couldn't find anyone who solved the problem. I hope someone here can help.

Quote Originally Posted by Tankforfood View Post
    I assume a "if casting lightning bolt then stopcasting" would be the solution, but I really don't know if it's possible nor do I know the syntax.
    That won't be possible with Lightning Bolt, as it's not a chanelled spell. Best bet is to sidestep if you need to interrupt it manually.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

^ or jump

Is it possible to write a cast sequence macro for Hunter aspects? I tried cannibalizing the Inner Fire/Inner Will macro my priest uses but it did the following:

1st click/press - Activate first aspect
    2nd - Nothing
    3rd - Cancel first aspect
    4th - Nothing/non-responsive indefinitely
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

Quote Originally Posted by kombucha View Post
    Is it possible to write a cast sequence macro for Hunter aspects?
    Try this:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence !Aspect of the Hawk, !Aspect of the Fox

I'm currently in need of a macro that will toggle buffs on/off for things like Dispersion, Ice Block etc

Code:
    Right now I'm using 
    #showtooltip Dispersion
    /cancelaura Dispersion
    /cast Dispersion
    This works except for things with no CD like Levitate. Just wondering if their's a smarter way to put it

I keep an Alt modifier on my cancel-dispersion macro so I don't take myself out of it by accident if I press the key twice in rapid succession (which i do a lot in PvP)
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

I do use that on my Mage for Ice Block, but Dispersion is Alt+1
    Already got a modifier

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibbsy999 View Post
    I do use that on my Mage for Ice Block, but Dispersion is Alt+1
    Already got a modifier
    Never had that kind of double-modding before, but you could use [mod:ctrl] and have cancel on ctrl+alt+1

Deleted
    Hi

I am very new to macros but the serious ammount of keybindings is really forcing it
    So sry if it may be a stupid question but i´m having problems with a macro i did.

Im dk and he thing is, i want to pop str trinket then dark transformation and after that gargoyle.
    But the gargoyle wont work

Whats wrong with this:

#showtooltip summon gargoyle
    /use Ruthless Gladiator's Badge of Victory
    /cast dark transformation
    /cast summon gargoyle

Thx

Quote Originally Posted by Myneo View Post
    Im dk and he thing is, i want to pop str trinket then dark transformation and after that gargoyle.
    But the gargoyle wont work
    Try this:
    Code:
    #showtooltip Summon Gargoyle
    /use Ruthless Gladiator's Badge of Victory
    /castsequence Dark Transformation,Summon Gargoyle

Deleted
    thx alot mate, will try as soon i get home from work

Im looking for a macro that marks a target on mouseover... and rotates through all 8 marks. So I click it on 1 thing and its a skull, click on another its an X... so on and so forth, eventually going back to skull...
    All help appreciated... kinda dumb in Marco department

Quote Originally Posted by SargorVirm View Post
    Im looking for a macro that marks a target on mouseover... and rotates through all 8 marks. So I click it on 1 thing and its a skull, click on another its an X... so on and so forth, eventually going back to skull...
    All help appreciated... kinda dumb in Marco department
    Try this:
    Code:
    /run local r,u,t,m,a,T=SMRI,UnitHealth,"target","mouseover",{8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1}if not r or IsShiftKeyDown()then r=1 end if 0~=u(m)then T=m elseif 0~=u(t)then T=t end if T then if GetRaidTargetIndex(T)~=a[r]then SetRaidTarget(T,a[r])end r=r%#a+1 end SMRI=r

To make the macro start back at skull again, you would press it with Shift held down, and check that Shift+whatever button you have this to is a free keybind.

Is there a way to have the macro revolve on itself without a modifyer key? I use clique for all my stuff... so my shift is pretty full

Is there a macro command that would /target something when its alive but not when its dead? What would the command for something like this be? Was told it was not possible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coachmcguirk View Post
    Is there a macro command that would /target something when its alive but not when its dead? What would the command for something like this be? Was told it was not possible.
    /tar [nodead] something - but I do not know if /tar can be used with conditionals, actually I don't think so.

Something that would work is "/cast [@something, nodead][] spell" - casts that spell on something only if it's alive, otherwise on your normal target.
    Last edited by mmocdd8e41448a; 2012-02-26 at 04:30 PM.

/target accepts conditions but it can't really be used to check that the thing you want to target isn't dead, just if your current target isn't dead; and cast [@something] depending on what it is would have even less chance of working if it doesn't have a UnitID.

But for which mob targetting would you want it for? Maybe there is a special condition

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    Never had that kind of double-modding before, but you could use [mod:ctrl] and have cancel on ctrl+alt+1
    It no work...
    I'll just have to not spam the button.

Thanks anyway