Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by jazen View Post
    Im sorry to say, this looks awful. Never been able to find any joy out of hopping/climbing from spot to spot to get from location a to location b.
    Thankfully, all of this will be purely optional side stuff. There should be nothing like this in the mainstream play of the game, and you'd be able to do just about everything without ever having to bother with this exploration stuff.

15+ Year Old Account
    Isn't this post similar to my "Jumping Challenges" post? http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ing-Challenges

Eitherway will be fun to get to the end of each of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    Cool. Rift had some platforming and puzzles that would get you a chest that usually gave a blue or epic item that was useful for your class, this game looks like it expanded on that even more. Really looking forward to it, as well as the pvp and no sub fees.
    Rift BARELY had Platforming. One Cairn in Scarlet Gorge, and that's pretty much the extent of it.

It's nice to see them taking it to the next level, though. My god that looks insane. It'll be cool to see what else they've come up with.....

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Isn't this post similar to my "Jumping Challenges" post? http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ing-Challenges

Eitherway will be fun to get to the end of each of them.
    I think it may be the exact same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nilinor View Post
    Im just going to point out that Star wars has a huge platforming thing while datacron hunting as well as solving puzzles WHILE datacron hunting -looks at the +10 datacron-

Just saying its not unique, that was an example off the top of my head is all.
    Been platforming myself since Asheron's Call and even some in EverQuest.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Would be cool if it was used in a boss fight since mobs don't seem to be chained to areas like most mmos. Have us chase a npc around would be a nice change from tank & spank fights.

Quote Originally Posted by solidsheep View Post
    Would be cool if it was used in a boss fight since mobs don't seem to be chained to areas like most mmos. Have us chase a npc around would be a nice change from tank & spank fights.
    Mobs definitely do seem to still be chained to areas, at least in some cases. I know for sure I've watched videos where mobs ran away and 'reset' after a player had run far enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Mobs definitely do seem to still be chained to areas, at least in some cases. I know for sure I've watched videos where mobs ran away and 'reset' after a player had run far enough.
    is your avatar... A mouse smoking a pipe and wearing one of those Egyptian headdresses?

I really need to stop watching videos of this game. It's making the wait that much more unbearable. @-@

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    is your avatar... A mouse smoking a pipe and wearing one of those Egyptian headdresses?
    Yes. He also has a monocle.

Is this a problem? ಠ_ಠ

Is this a problem? ಠ_ಠ
    Yes.

I don't approve. Put on some fucking clothes.

Or at least a top hat. Honestly.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-02-24 at 01:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Is this a problem? ಠ_ಠ
    Isn't that from Dragonfable.. or Adventure Quest. Looks like a Moblin to me.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to chime in on the datacron issue, they are nothing close to this, all of them are either buy an item to access the datacron or wait and do platforms that you don't even have to jump. and they take like no time to get to, just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    Isn't that from Dragonfable.. or Adventure Quest. Looks like a Moblin to me.
    It's from Transformice, but this is getting quite wildly off topic. :P

More on topic, are there any other videos showcasing this kind of exploration at all? There was an awesome blog on Kotoku about how he tried to break the game by trying to jump into the massive hole in Divinity's Reach, but even with the help of a dev playing alongside him, jumping over rooftops and exploring the edges as much as possible, simply couldn't seem to do it, but not sure if that's really the same thing...
    http://kotaku.com/5886430/ten-things...?tag=guildwars