Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Oh, whyz? ...
    The world bonuses thing affecting PVE. I am not sure on the nature of the bonuses and I have zero idea what WvW is outside of >server v server battlegrounds<. But it's kinda scary if PVP can have a big effect on PVE gameplay.

Makes me nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The world bonuses thing affecting PVE. I am not sure on the nature of the bonuses and I have zero idea what WvW is outside of >server v server battlegrounds<. But it's kinda scary if PVP can have a big effect on PVE gameplay.

Makes me nervous.
    It seems the tables have turned raiders. =o

Oh noes, how dare they add an additional purpose for PvP...It's a good thing IMO. You want the bonuses? Better help your server win...

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post
    It's punishing PvPers because they have to pay to get to represent server they want to represent. PvErs get the PvE buffs for free. It's pretty clear cut.

I'm foreseeing a huge problem with people massively overcrowding the winning "home server" to the point of it being utterly unplayable and having huge queues if WvWvW PvE bonuses are big, and massive QQ if bonuses are meaningless.
    Arenanet will need to do some polishing on this feature. I can see it working if done right, but after reading somethingawful's forums, I am certain that if this is abuseble, it will be abused to hell and back.
    /sigh

If you transfer home servers to the winning world, you don't get the bonuses. You have to wait 2 more weeks (when the next match is over) to have a chance to receive the bonuses, but you still have to win the WvWvW match, not to mention if the world you transferred to won they get paired with other worlds that are stronger and have won.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account

Makes me nervous.
    That's exactly how HoH worked for years in GW1 though.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omlech View Post
    Your friends should be joining your server if you're already playing? Yeah, you wouldn't be able to play WvW with people you meet on new server unless you change your home world, but it's nessecary so that people don't just hop over to the best 3 servers every 2 weeks.
    Hate this excuse. What about meeting new people and finding out they play but are on a different server? What about friends who don't know that you play and roll on a different server. I don't care about pvp at all btw. The penalty should be only the stat boost, not a fee. I'm already going to be spending money on character slots.

It's punishing PvPers because they have to pay to get to represent server they want to represent. PvErs get the PvE buffs for free. It's pretty clear cut.

I'm foreseeing a huge problem with people massively overcrowding the winning "home server" to the point of it being utterly unplayable and having huge queues if WvWvW PvE bonuses are big, and massive QQ if bonuses are meaningless.
    Arenanet will need to do some polishing on this feature. I can see it working if done right, but after reading somethingawful's forums, I am certain that if this is abuseble, it will be abused to hell and back.
    Here's the thing, let's say this costs real money or even a very high in game currency fee. Let's say it costs $5 or 1,000 gold to move your home world. Now combine that with the wait period right? So you get to your new server, but you have to wait till the next battle to fight. Well, let's say in the battle that just ended your server got beat pretty badly and it's no longer even in the top 3 servers. There's no guarantee the server that's the best now will be the best 2 weeks later.

---------- Post added 2012-02-23 at 07:08 PM ----------

Makes me nervous.
    Robust - Maximum Health Increase

Scavenger - Bonus gold per kill

Energetic - Faster Endurance gain

Artisan - Increased chance of crafting critical success

Gatherer - Chance for additional gather node uses

Defender - Increased defense against monsters

Wisdom - Bonus experience per kill

Medic - Healing effectiveness increase

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    That's exactly how HoH worked for years in GW1 though.
    I didn't mind God's Favor so much because GW1 was a rather quick & shallow game. I mostly played it solo or till campaign end. So there was less of an impact to my PVE experience. I'm worried more so in GW2 where the world is continuous, robust and more cooperative in it's PVE.

Very nice find, OP. Good stuff!

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the idea, but I'm curious to know the specifics of it.

How will the AH work? Can you only post items on your "home" server, or can you place them on a server you're visiting? (ie., finding out which server your items will sell for the most on; only posting items on servers with "good" economies)

Quote Originally Posted by Arisfarreach View Post

How will the AH work? Can you only post items on your "home" server, or can you place them on a server you're visiting?
    AH is cross server.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Hate this excuse. What about meeting new people and finding out they play but are on a different server? What about friends who don't know that you play and roll on a different server. I don't care about pvp at all btw. The penalty should be only the stat boost, not a fee. I'm already going to be spending money on character slots.
    The crossing servers is free. Only changing your home server costs money and it's the home server you represent in WvWvW.
    You can still go and play with your friends without paying a anything.
    it will work just like it did in GW1 no doubt

Quote Originally Posted by omlech View Post
    Robust - Maximum Health Increase
    Scavenger - Bonus gold per kill
    Energetic - Faster Endurance gain
    Artisan - Increased chance of crafting critical success
    Gatherer - Chance for additional gather node uses
    Defender - Increased defense against monsters
    Wisdom - Bonus experience per kill
    Medic - Healing effectiveness increase
    Interesting. Does WvW happen all the time like HoH or 1x daily? What's the duration and ^% of these bonuses?

How will the AH work? Can you only post items on your "home" server, or can you place them on a server you're visiting? (ie., finding out which server your items will sell for the most on; only posting items on servers with "good" economies)
    Kinda irrelevant as the marketplace is cross server

@ Fencers - lasts for 2 weeks. Then there's a break for (guestimate) an hour or so while they calculate the new rankings, and then it starts again for 2 weeks.

AH is global(region?) not server based.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    AH is cross server.
    Between your "home" server and the server you posted it on? Or is there only one AH in which EVERYTHING is posted in (doesn't sound correct haha).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    The crossing servers is free. Only changing your home server costs money and it's the home server you represent in WvWvW.
    You can still go and play with your friends without paying a anything.
    it will work just like it did in GW1 no doubt
    What does this mean though? How does home vs visiting actually work? I just wish people would wait for more solid info before posting every little scrap of detail they find.

What are you even talking about? This does not punish PvPers it punishes those that are chasing the top WvW servers. Notice that its the ammount of points your server gains and not who wins that gives the benefits.

Last i checked WvW was between 3 realms which means if their are 30 realms there will be 10 "Top" as u like to call them servers, Even with those 10 servers theirs still 10 more servers that are getting close to if not all the benefits the "Top" ones are getting depending on how many point thresholds you pass, And 10 more servers who also depending on the point thresholds they pass will get some benefits. Their isnt going to be "home server crowding" and remember just because you win one week doesnt mean you wont be last the next. Server hopping is pointless after the first or second hop. I am sure there will be servers that will have huge PvP communities and once you find those you will make that your home server. Everything will balance itself out and the end and chasing the "Top" 10 is really only going to get you in the middle of the pack the way the system works.

Between your "home" server and the server you posted it on? Or is there only one AH in which EVERYTHING is posted in (doesn't sound correct haha).
    AH is shared across all servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds good