Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    What does this mean though? How does home vs visiting actually work? I just wish people would wait for more solid info before posting every little scrap of detail they find.
    Same way it works in GW1

You get your own personal home instance in the game, I am assuming from there you select the server you want to visit. However you still represent the original server you choose (for WvWvW) before you made your character.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

What does this mean though? How does home vs visiting actually work? I just wish people would wait for more solid info before posting every little scrap of detail they find.
    From what Mike said, home will relate to the server you made your character on. It seems purely for the purpose of PVP rankings.
    As I said, it's completely conveivable that it will work very much like GW1 did with changing servers...but just to change your home server costs money.

And it's not a scrap. The article is quite long from them:
    http://www.arena.net/blog/mike-fergu...-and-on-reddit

Quote Originally Posted by Arisfarreach View Post
    I love the idea, but I'm curious to know the specifics of it.

How will the AH work? Can you only post items on your "home" server, or can you place them on a server you're visiting? (ie., finding out which server your items will sell for the most on; only posting items on servers with "good" economies)
    Marketplace – The Marketplace is going to be one single global economy, by that I mean you will be able to trade items with players on servers other than your own. You will be able to buy and sell items without the need to find a buyer or seller first. For those of you who are unfamiliar with Buy Orders, they work like this:

You post an order for a Sword +1 that you’re willing to pay 1,000 gold for. Someone sees your order and if your price is agreeable with them, they fill the order, the item is delivered to you via your mail pigeon and money is taken from your inventory/bank.

While items can only be put up for sale when in-game, it is possible to browse, bid, or cancel auctions and offers when out of-game and logged into a web browser. A sale can be completed whilst the seller is offline, with the coin going into an account bank.
    The marketplace is capable of displaying the history and trends of item values.
    There’s also going to be out of game support for the Market on the web & mobile platforms such as Android & iOS(iPad & iPod support too).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Same way it works in GW1

You get your own personal home instance in the game, I am assuming from there you select the server you want to visit.
    What I mean is stuff like: How does cross server guilding work? Would there be some way for people on the server you are visiting to see that you are a visitor (hopefully not because this would be a major turnoff), if there really is no drawback to visiting then it's a perfect solution for PvE'ers like me. Maybe blizzard has just made me too cynical to see the good in MMO developers.

What I mean is stuff like: How does cross server guilding work? Would there be some way for people on the server you are visiting to see that you are a visitor (hopefully not because this would be a major turnoff), if there really is no drawback to visiting then it's a perfect solution for PvE'ers like me. Maybe blizzard has just made me too cynical to see the good in MMO developers.
    You can be in multiple guilds but you can only pick one to be in at a time, I am assuming if you are not on that guilds server you can't select it to represent till you are back on its server. Unless guilds can be cross server (but we don't know that yet)

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Oh noes, how dare they add an additional purpose for PvP...It's a good thing IMO. You want the bonuses? Better help your server win...
    Pretty much this. I'm glad they did this too because too many people have the "Oh wellz just Xfer to a better server" mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by Mkalafut View Post
    Pretty much this. I'm glad they did this too because too many people have the "Oh wellz just Xfer to a better server" mentality.
    That's exactly why they did it.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can be in multiple guilds but you can only pick one to be in at a time, I am assuming if you are not on that guilds server you can't select it to represent till you are back on its server. Unless guilds can be cross server (but we don't know that yet)
    Hopefully not, because that would just be a punishment/drawback for people who have no interest in the wvw stuff and just want to switch servers.

Cross server guilds would be a nice solution. This is why I don't like threads that dicuss things like this. Too many unknowns.

10+ Year Old Account
    AH is shared across all servers.
    which kinda scares me How Long the listing will be for items on the AH, having a single server AH like WOW's for one faction is large as it is, but EVERY person who plays the game on the same auction system? that thing's lists will never end!
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

WvWvW is one battle every two weeks. The winning server gets the bonus for the two weeks leading up to the next battle. PvPers can only WvWvW for their own server. If they want to PvP for another server, they have to pay to change servers. Plus they lose the bonus given to their current server and won't gain the current bonus of their new server until the next WvWvW battle. This only applies to PvP across servers.

The Bonus gained by WvWvW is given to PvPers and PvPers on the server that wins, until the next battle. This bonus still applies if you visit another server. Visiting is not the same as switching, and is free. You do not gain the bonus of the server you are visiting as well as the bonus of your home server. I imagine that one could PvP while visiting another server BUT NOT as part of the WvWvW. One can PvE with friends, or maybe even alone if they wish, while visiting a server.

I think I summed up the information. Did I miss anything?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    which kinda scares me How Long the listing will be for items on the AH, having a single server AH like WOW's for one faction is large as it is, but EVERY person who plays the game on the same auction system? that thing's lists will never end!
    Don't complain, I could never find what I wanted on WoW's auction house, and this prevents people from wanting to switch servers for a better economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Your forgetting that there will be a large number of people buying things as there are a large number of people selling things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Interesting. Does WvW happen all the time like HoH or 1x daily? What's the duration and ^% of these bonuses?
    WvW is a two week ordeal. The buffs likely last two weeks.

I didn't mind God's Favor so much because GW1 was a rather quick & shallow game. I mostly played it solo or till campaign end. So there was less of an impact to my PVE experience. I'm worried more so in GW2 where the world is continuous, robust and more cooperative in it's PVE.
    But it does basically the same thing, hell, in a big enough zone you can get EVERY SINGLE BUFF that's given in the second to last Mission in the Nightfall campaign. It might not have affected your pve experience but it did affect other's.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

I can't see how there could be cross-guilds. You're not together to play...
    Also, the guild bonus in WvWvW simply couldn't work.

You still belong to them though when you hop over. That's the great thing about it.
    Last edited by Squirrelbanes; 2012-02-24 at 03:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't complain, I could never find what I wanted on WoW's auction house, and this prevents people from wanting to switch servers for a better economy.
    Since when did I say I was complaining? I was simply pointing out how large the thing will be as a global economy system.

Your forgetting that there will be a large number of people buying things as there are a large number of people selling things.
    I have no doubt of that, but think about on the lines of all the acutions that don't sell in a day the listing on faction AH's in WoW could go on for pages for certain commodities, and that was because either no one was buying or there was so much supply people couldn't consume it fast enough.

Now take that to a global scale with every server having leftover auctions, the list for one demanded commodity could go for thousands of pages long.

I'm not really worried about it as it is great to have the supply always in hand, but just thinking about the scale of it is mind boggling.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

I don't know the specifics of the AH UI for GW2, but from what I heard its very sleek and easily accessible for specifics you are looking for. So even if it does go for pages, it doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannoson View Post
    WvWvW is one battle every two weeks. The winning server gets the bonus for the two weeks leading up to the next battle. PvPers can only WvWvW for their own server. If they want to PvP for another server, they have to pay to change servers. Plus they lose the bonus given to their current server and won't gain the current bonus of their new server until the next WvWvW battle. This only applies to PvP across servers.

The Bonus gained by WvWvW is given to PvPers and PvPers on the server that wins, until the next battle. This bonus still applies if you visit another server. Visiting is not the same as switching, and is free. You do not gain the bonus of the server you are visiting as well as the bonus of your home server. I imagine that one could PvP while visiting another server BUT NOT as part of the WvWvW. One can PvE with friends, or maybe even alone if they wish, while visiting a server.

I think I summed up the information. Did I miss anything?
    Your second sentence is either incorrect or poorly worded. The 2 week battle ends, scores are calculated, bonuses distributed, and an hour later the next 2 week battle starts. 2 weeks later the battle ends, scores are calculated, new bonuses are distributed based on your current score. You could say the bonuses last 2 weeks, but essentially they just recalibrate your bonus every 2 weeks according to your new score.

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    But it does basically the same thing, hell, in a big enough zone you can get EVERY SINGLE BUFF that's given in the second to last Mission in the Nightfall campaign. It might not have affected your pve experience but it did affect other's.
    Umhm, not commenting on others PVE experience. Worried about my own! Specifically said it makes me nervous if they have a big effect on PVE.

What if my server sucks and I can't get a buff? D:

Hopefully not, because that would just be a punishment/drawback for people who have no interest in the wvw stuff and just want to switch servers.

Cross server guilds would be a nice solution. This is why I don't like threads that dicuss things like this. Too many unknowns.
    If you want to switch servers completely, you pay. It's that simple. You might not think it 'fair' to have to pay for server transfers, but they need to be discouraged in some way, and they have clearly provided far more useful alternatives than any other game I've heard of. If you don't like speculation, you are of course welcome to not read it.

---------- Post added 2012-02-24 at 03:38 AM ----------

Umhm, not commenting on others PVE experience. Worried about my own! Specifically said it makes me nervous if they have a big effect on PVE.

I would assume that the content won't be so difficult that you absolutely need the buff.
    Last edited by Dacomp89; 2012-02-24 at 03:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have them strung up and quartered of course...
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter