Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Healing H Ultraxion - Food for thought

My guild has been attempting Ultraxion HM and our main problem resides in low DPS, which means we have to go all the way to the hard enrage (6 minute mark).

This means that, as healers, we have to be on our A-game, so I'm trying to get the most out of the healing buffs.

Our healing comp is resto shaman and resto druid. Currently, we do druid = red, shaman(me) = green then blue, we've reached the hard enrage with one death at around 5:35 mark(which was due to Fading Light) and more deaths around 5:55ish, ended up short 2%.

What's everyone take on green vs. blue buff? I always thought blue was more hps output and less worrying about mana, but looking at the #1 shaman on WoL, it seems he has used green buff for 100% of its duration. I'm thinking of saving as much mana as possible before reaching the 5th minute (spamming bolts) and then unload as much HPS as we chain raid CDs with the green buff. Once I get to around 10-15k mana, click on the blue buff and keep healing.

Has anyone tried this before?

Deleted
    Or instead of worrying about that, tell your dps to up their game by a mere 2% and win

I'm not worried we'll reach that point, but we'll still need to go 40-60 seconds into that soft enrage, most likely.

really and not pretending to discourage you, but if your dps can't pull their weight, no matter how well you do it, your raid has a high chance of not having success on that fight

make your dps be a little more interested/focused on their role, because if you are getting the hard enrage 2 healing it, that means only one thing, you as healers are doing your job 1000 times better than your dps

Quote Originally Posted by Spiel View Post
    really and not pretending to discourage you, but if your dps can't pull their weight, no matter how well you do it, your raid has a high chance of not having success on that fight

make your dps be a little more interested/focused on their role, because if you are getting the hard enrage 2 healing it, that means only one thing, you as healers are doing your job 1000 times better than your dps
    oh, we know that already, and it's been like that for a long time. No matter what we do, healers are pulling our DPS's dead weight.

If anyone's interested, we're recruiting DPS.

There's no particular harm in leaving the blue buff untouched. A resto druid should definitely be sticking to red, and as a shaman, green beats blue in terms of raw healing as long as you can keep your mana up. And honestly, mana should be a complete non-issue as a shaman on Ultraxion. Lightning Bolt all day long, then as 5:00 approaches you unload that mana onto the raid as fast as you can. If you run out of mana doing that then by all means grab blue (it beats stopping to cast LB during the 5:00-6:00 part of the fight), but you shouldn't really have to.

Make sure to look up the thread on resto shaman DPS on Ultraxion. You can do 2M+ damage on that fight without too much effort, which helps a lot with the enrage timer (he has 85M health on 10H). The main "trick" is to prepot a volcanic potion and then use both elementals once Power Torrent procs (get a weapon with it if you don't have one already; it's worth it for that fight if you're struggling with DPS), then keeping Searing Totem up once they expire. Macroing Flame Shock to Heroic Will also helps, along with aggressive use of both Lava Burst and Lightning Bolt while keeping Healing Rain down.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

If you are going to grab the blue buff at the end of the fight, I would gear more towards Mastery and Crit as the 100% haste from blue will likely put you near the GCD anyway. You will be somewhat less effective during the first 4-5 minutes of the fight but more effective during the last portion.

having less haste in such predictable fight (in terms of incoming damage) is no issue unless your tank die. so the first 4-5 minutes is not so important in healing as the last minute.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hard Honest truth, if the DPS can't do more dps, it's not your fault. You can't continue to do the fight to just depend on the Healers, it WILL get to a point where it's impossible to heal.

Tell the DPS to either step up their game, or get replaced. That'll change them. :3 35k DPS+ is a good average for a kill. And for crystals, it's best to use the other crystals, and when it gets to around, 25%, switch to blue for the Haste and Mana.

Deleted
    There is a possibility that you can work with 1 healer for about 30%-50% of the fight. So you could get hit talent and pull off between 10-15k dps and then switch wep enchant for the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by Mujje View Post
    There is a possibility that you can work with 1 healer for about 30%-50% of the fight. So you could get hit talent and pull off between 10-15k dps and then switch wep enchant for the second half.
    If you keep Healing Rain down, the other healer should be able to handle the first four minutes without too much trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    If you keep Healing Rain down, the other healer should be able to handle the first four minutes without too much trouble.
    yep and if hes struglin just toss SLT and you´ll be fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    doesnt sound like a healing problem at all here,

Get your DPS to go play on a dummy you will never kill it unless the DPS up the game, wiping at 2% isnt a healing problem its a DPS problem, especially with the nerf

What sort of DPS are you guild pulling? that would help us with this issue
    Dell U2713H
    GTX 980Ti
    custom water cooling

There is no way you should be getting close to the hard enrage timer. If you are healing the raid much past the 5:30 mark then you are already doing as much as you can in terms of healing. As was mentioned one of the healers dpsing at the start of the fight will certainly help with the dps check.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fortunately for us, you have your character linked in your armory in your signature.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...ses&boss=55294

Yes, the damage may not seem impressive sometimes, but look at each of the logs. All of the dps loss (excluding the mage who is genuinely bad) is due to failing at Twilight Instability and people not being alive to deal damage.
    mhm? mhm.

10+ Year Old Account
    from looking at the logs you provided, only looked at the 5 min plus fights, DPS is terrible, DK doing 27k, i do that if not more on my BLOOD DK,

will add more once i have put kids to bed
    Last edited by Yeren; 2012-02-24 at 06:16 PM.
    Dell U2713H
    GTX 980Ti
    custom water cooling

Quote Originally Posted by Yeren View Post
    ...wiping at 2% isnt a healing problem its a DPS problem, especially with the nerf
    That depends on at what time you wipe, doesn't it? If people start to die at 5:10, you can't blame the DPS for the wipe. If the boss still isn't dead by 5:40, the healers have done their part well enough. If you hit the hard enrage (6:00) with everyone alive, give your healers the next raid off and put everyone else on a target dummy for that evening.

Looking at the logs, it does seem to mainly be a DPS issue in this case. Mainly. Not solely. With a mage in the raid to provide spell power, there is no excuse for not using Searing Totem and elementals as a resto shaman on that fight. None. Not doing it is just plain bad. That's 1½ million damage right there, and the best attempt I saw was at 3.3 million health remaining. It won't be enough to kill the boss on its own, but it would most certainly be a big step in the right direction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also using the double heroism strat on this fight is a big step forward.

Pop heroism right at the start of the fight, healers press the buttong and phase out before hand, then at the 5 min mark press heroism again for the healers to use this should also help with DPS a little,
    Dell U2713H
    GTX 980Ti
    custom water cooling

How on earth is your DK doing 22k with a 393 ilvl setup? What I would suggest is that you post the logs in the different Mage and DK groups and ask for advice. The rest are all right but not exactly great. If you fix up the bottom two then you should be fine. Double hero also goes a long way to killing him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    How on earth is your DK doing 22k with a 393 ilvl setup? What I would suggest is that you post the logs in the different Mage and DK groups and ask for advice. The rest are all right but not exactly great. If you fix up the bottom two then you should be fine. Double hero also goes a long way to killing him.
    Please read the full post. Taking shit out of context is entirely worthless.

Had you actually read my complete post, you would see the part where I said "All of the dps loss is due to failing at Twilight Instability and people not being alive to deal damage." Cross reference it with other logs to see that the DK does actually pull decent numbers when he's allowed to live.
    mhm? mhm.