Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I used to play pretty seriously, but lately I don't buy cards anymore. The last time I seriously bought new cards was the Kamigawa block :-P

My wife and I just make decks out of our collection, and play against each other. It's fun, and doesn't cost anything; if we really want to mess around with other cards, we just use Cockatrice

(My favorite deck back when I was still playing came mostly from Onslaught block, and was a mono-black zombie deck. Not the most imaginative thing ever, but I loved having a creature focused deck that usually won by means other than direct damage from attacks.)

Lol, I remember Treefolk from way back in the day. Essentially the beginning of Magic, think I only got one of them but he was my prized possession until I lost him, hehe.

---------- Post added 2012-02-22 at 12:05 PM ----------

I just got back into magic as well myself, I quit when Kamigawa was out and got back in when Innistrad came out (short break). Hehe, my favourite decks atm are control decks, stopping ppl from summoning creatures and using spells to divert damage, etc. Just makes the game feel more strategical to me.

My older brother got me interested in Magic when I was still at school probably 15-16 years ago when it first launched in the UK and I thought it was very addictive and very fun - I loved the lore of the different planes and the flavour text on some of the cards were very evocative. After a year or two when my brother lost interest and none of my friends showed any interest I packed all my cards away in the attic. Then about 8 years ago I came across MTG Online and was again addicted - whilst it was a little less community minded it gave me a chance to play against so many people and play so many tournaments which was fun. I started losing interest around Ravnica (which was a great set) because I was spending so much money on it - I must have spent over £15,000 (about $22,000) on the Online game alone as I loved opening new boosters in Limited play and just had to have 4 of every card from all the of sets. Fortunately for the sake of my bank balance, I found vanilla Wow at that time and so started spending my game time on Wow instead.

I still have my account though, I think I might be tempted to download the game again and see what's new. Fingers crossed I don't get sucked in again. Wish me luck.

Good luck :P always have a game strategy in mind and think about if it's a good use of your money. Like I have said in previous posts I have only spent $26 on the game so far and have at least a 60-70% win ratio. My name in MTGO is Linken, so add me if you decided to download again and we can duke it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Link3n View Post
    Lol, I remember Treefolk from way back in the day. Essentially the beginning of Magic, think I only got one of them but he was my prized possession until I lost him, hehe.

---------- Post added 2012-02-22 at 12:05 PM ----------

I just got back into magic as well myself, I quit when Kamigawa was out and got back in when Innistrad came out (short break). Hehe, my favourite decks atm are control decks, stopping ppl from summoning creatures and using spells to divert damage, etc. Just makes the game feel more strategical to me.
    Control decks are a lot of fun. Especially like black/blue where it's like "I'll stop you from doing anything and when you finally do something, I will destroy everything you love".

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to play in High School. I had a fantastic white deck (Portal Deck :P) . Caught a guys attention, and he bet that he could beat me. I took the challenge.

I didnt know about diffrent sets or anything, a kid at school offered them to me for only 15 bucks (about 500 cards including lands). I did not know...

The guy came to school the next day with two decks. One blue and one black. He started with the blue deck. I was introduced to capsize and counter. I raged. I called him a cheater.

He then said I could probably beat his black deck. After a few turns he produced his first card.

"WTF is Shadow?" I asked.

"Your doom." He calmly stated.

He beat me. I owed him my lunch. Almost 13 years later he still brings up how he kicked my ass in MtG.
    Last edited by Idontlikeyou; 2012-02-22 at 10:47 PM.
    "My sword? [Heck] yeah I know how to use it. What's to understand about swish-swish-stab? It's a [freak'n] sword dude, it's not a fighter jet." -Tucker "This One Goes to Eleven

Quote Originally Posted by Idontlikeyou View Post

Many moments like that.

Deleted
    Played on the Pt for 4-5y, got over 100 lifetime Pt points. Skipped a GP that I had booked flights for to raid one weekend instead and that was the end of MTG for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never played Online, but I have Duels of the Planeswalker, both versions.

Play the real version. Right trying to work on a red/green deck based on the new precon, focusing on undying. Deck hinges off two really expensive cards though, Rage Thrower and Flayer of the Hatebound. It's really slow, so I'm not really sure how well it's gonna work out.

Deleted
    Played it a lot when I was young, still have around 2k cards at my parents play with my brothers once in a while.

Also played D&D for like 8 years, never got into warhammer much, only painted a few pieces

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    Control decks are a lot of fun. Especially like black/blue where it's like "I'll stop you from doing anything and when you finally do something, I will destroy everything you love".
    Lol, some times it doesn't work out that way though sadly. Hate not having counter magic spells until the very end when they are completely useless. Usually I win about 60% of my games though, I'm on my way to creating a zombie deck now though just for sheer fun; not going to enter any competitions with it that's for sure.

---------- Post added 2012-02-25 at 11:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Musky View Post
    Played it a lot when I was young, still have around 2k cards at my parents play with my brothers once in a while.

Also played D&D for like 8 years, never got into warhammer much, only painted a few pieces
    Hehe, I have about $1000 in Warhammer and around $500-600 in Magic at least. Never got into D&D much, just didn't strike my fancy. I personally love painting Warhammer than actually playing the game.

---------- Post added 2012-02-25 at 11:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Never played Online, but I have Duels of the Planeswalker, both versions.

Play the real version. Right trying to work on a red/green deck based on the new precon, focusing on undying. Deck hinges off two really expensive cards though, Rage Thrower and Flayer of the Hatebound. It's really slow, so I'm not really sure how well it's gonna work out.
    I was considering downloading the Plainswalker versions just didn't seem all that interesting to me though; dunno why. Those are great cards, but I wouldn't plan my whole deck around 2 cards that you may never get :\ always good to have a back-up plan.

---------- Post added 2012-02-25 at 11:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Idontlikeyou View Post

He beat me. I owed him my lunch. Almost 13 years later he still brings up how he kicked my ass in MtG.
    I find the funniest part of that is that he still talks about how he "kicked your ass". But I do enjoy times where ppl go WTF!! No way.. and to which I go read the card.. hehehehe :P

Lol, some times it doesn't work out that way though sadly. Hate not having counter magic spells until the very end when they are completely useless. Usually I win about 60% of my games though, I'm on my way to creating a zombie deck now though just for sheer fun; not going to enter any competitions with it that's for sure.
    Yeah, my friends and I don't really make competitive decks. We just make the most retarded decks we can think of. Like he has one that's all one drops that get abilities that cost mana to give them +x/+x and I, of course, have my treefolk deck and I'm working on a counter blue deck that's nothing but trolls(problem?) plus I've got like a faerie deck and a kithkin token deck. We like to do a pseudo-commander style thing when we build our decks where we have at least one legendary because, like I said, we don't build decks to be good, we just build them to see what stupid shit we can come up with.

Putting together my decks was my favorite part by far.

Field Marshal Chad Bro Chill 17's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Slivers ftw
    "The Light that guides us. This movement was set in motion before you came... We... We do as we are told. It is what must be done."

10+ Year Old Account

I was considering downloading the Plainswalker versions just didn't seem all that interesting to me though; dunno why. Those are great cards, but I wouldn't plan my whole deck around 2 cards that you may never get :\ always good to have a back-up plan.
    Well, it works similar to red, be aggressive, attack early. But there's not much win there without either of those cards. I have three of the Flayer and four Rage Throwers, but even with green's mana ramp, it still feels slow to me. It's a lot of indirect damage, which I like. My goblin-explosion deck is still one of my favorites to play.

---------- Post added 2012-02-29 at 04:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Bro Chill 17 View Post
    Slivers ftw
    Turn 2: Play Gemhide Sliver

Turn 3+ wreck the place.

Slivers are fun but not really my style, despite enjoying tribal decks.

Hey guys, sry I haven't been around much. Out on vacation, I'll be back soon.