Page 3 of 85 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Does this look comical to you?!?!

That's the most terrifying image I've ever seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be a huge fuzzy wuzzy Charr Guardian named Mighty Blue Bear.

I shall smite my foes using- http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/...switch=33ec39d

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grugmuc View Post
    I'll be a huge fuzzy wuzzy Charr Guardian named Mighty Blue Bear.

I shall smite my foes using- http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/...switch=33ec39d
    Extremely outdated, but interesting build. The torch seems gimmicky to me but to each their own.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aliyra/simple
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy92286 View Post
    Extremely outdated, but interesting build. The torch seems gimmicky to me but to each their own.
    Hey. I find Sword/Torch to be the most attractive weapon choice! :O
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Hey. I find Sword/Torch to be the most attractive weapon choice! :O
    Mace and shield! >=(

10+ Year Old Account
    Mace and shield! >=(
    Too sheepy for me!
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see how that's outdated, but anyways-

If I don't set them on fire, at least I'll put them out of misery with a spiked ball of metal.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see how that's outdated, but anyways-

If I don't set them on fire, at least I'll put them out of misery with a spiked ball of metal.

The skill list is outdated. Not all the skills that are in the builder exist anymore and some of them have been changed. The wiki has been updated according to the press beta last weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Klazmaunt View Post
    So I'm curious what races you guys have chosen for your Guardians?

I'm stuck between an Asura (Mif swayed me) and a Human...
    Going Norn. I always play the biggest race I can generally. Not to mention Norn are just awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    The skill list is outdated. Not all the skills that are in the builder exist anymore and some of them have been changed. The wiki has been updated according to the press beta last weekend.
    Hmm, checked on those, not much has changed. So I'm still digging a 1her and a torch as my main weapon set. Beyond that, I'll be using whatever the situation calls for, I just picked Hammer because I like mace-to-face action.

Quote Originally Posted by Klazmaunt View Post
    So I'm curious what races you guys have chosen for your Guardians?
    I chose Charr because of Blue's background (that I'm too lazy to type out here). But his father was always secretly practicing Shamanism, so, somehow Blue became imbued with fun powers. Powers he didn't understand until he joined the Blood Legion, and slayed an (unnamed) Legionnaire, gaining respect.

I also have always loved Clerics in D&D, and was sorely disappointed when Worgen couldn't become Paladins in WoW (pfft Cow Paladins). So, I'll be loving on my Charr Guardian for a bit whilst prodding around Tyria with my guildies.
    Last edited by Blufossa; 2012-02-27 at 05:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I feel Guardians are what Paladin's should have been in WoW, they seem very similar in style to the paladins of WCIII.

They weren't the strongest hero in the list, but damned be you if you ever underestimated their ability.

I am going to try to honor that Image as much as I can, as a fan of the righteous archetype, that Image of the Paladin always comes into my mind when I see the Guardian Profession.

My weapons of choice will be Greatsword/Hammer and Mace/sword + shield, depending which style i prefer based on the skills they give me.
    Last edited by Lothaeryn; 2012-02-27 at 05:13 AM.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, checked on those, not much has changed. So I'm still digging a 1her and a torch as my main weapon set. Beyond that, I'll be using whatever the situation calls for, I just picked Hammer because I like mace-to-face action.

I chose Charr because of Blue's background (that I'm too lazy to type out here). But his father was always secretly practicing Shamanism, so, somehow Blue became imbued with fun powers. Powers he didn't understand until he joined the Blood Legion, and slayed an (unnamed) Legionnaire, gaining respect.

I also have always loved Clerics in D&D, and was sorely disappointed when Worgen couldn't become Paladins in WoW (pfft Cow Paladins). So, I'll be loving on my Charr Guardian for a bit whilst prodding around Tyria with my guildies.
    Heh, that is what I am doing. The mace and shield will be my prefered, but the hammer just seems way to useful to not use. The only weapon set I might change it out for might be the sword and shield.

Yeah, if Worgen were paladins, I might have made an alliance paladin. I like the Worgen, even as a hordie, so I would have not minded making another paladin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Personally, I feel Guardians are what Paladin's should have been in WoW, they seem very similar in style to the paladins of WCIII.

They weren't the strongest hero in the list, but damned be you if you ever underestimated their ability.

I am going to try to honor that Image as much as I can, as a fan of the righteous archetype, that Image of the Paladin always comes into my mind when I see the Guardian Profession.

My weapons of choice will be Greatsword/Hammer and Mace/sword + shield, depending which style i prefer based on the skills they give me.

Haha, doing that myself (the archetype honoring) while trying to add that GW2 flavor twist to it. So I was digging the Sword'n'Board until I saw they got more than a shield Off-Hand. Once I saw Torch, I was like, "Setting stuff on holy fire? I'm bought So that was my first set, beyond that though, I'll have to test in-game to see what I like and then just carry the others if I have enough room.

Now I need to pick some fun Crafting skills to match his personality. Probably Cooking, and then something based on his class (Armorsmithing, Jewelcrafting, or Weaponsmithing).

EDIT: Hmm, seems they changed the Guardian's Biography choices a bit (yeah, I'm behind the times).

Use to be: Visionary's Scarf, Fanatic's Mantle, Conqueror's Cloak.
    Now they are: Conqueror's Pauldrons, Fanatic's Pauldrons, Visionary's Helm.

Source: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Biography
    Last edited by Blufossa; 2012-02-27 at 06:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the items are essentially the same for your background but they just changed them because cloaks and scarfs are no longer in-game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the items are essentially the same for your background but they just changed them because cloaks and scarfs are no longer in-game.
    Pretty much.

I wish we could have cloaks (esp for your main Guild's emblem), and the scarf was too Logan-ish.

Well, if they won't give us cloaks, I demand a banner stuck to my back (like Samurai did with their clans)! The whole notion of our guild symbol being on my armor feels silly (cool for a shield, but I don't like shields that much).

Deleted
    Mace/shield and Hammer for Pvp with skills that allow me to control the area and the charrs mines. I see my gaurdian being my PvP guy not sure if main though but I want this set up as its going to make me a pain in the ass to move and I can just get them away if they get to close.

Deleted
    Human Guardian all the way! I like being Human :>

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be rolling a Human Guardian (although Sylvari is a possibility).

For soloing (well, unstructured PvE) I'll be using a Sword/Torch and a Hammer, for great damage and launching enemies away.

For group PvE: I'll be using a heavy Support/Control build with a Mace +Shield/Staff load-out, focused on making sure me and my allies take as little damage as possible.

For PvP I'm planning on using a build similar to my PvE build, but with a Sword instead of a Mace for greater mobility.

@Virtues: I'll be liberal with my use of Virtue of Justice, since my personal damage output doesn't interest me greatly. I'll be a little more strategic with the other ones.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Deleted

EDIT: Hmm, seems they changed the Guardian's Biography choices a bit (yeah, I'm behind the times).

Those look great :-)

Anyway, I'll probably try out a Charr Guardian. I don't like the look of the plants, asura are too small, and human are too ordinary.

Sword and shield and greatsword for swap seems the way to go for me. Lots of mobility.

Deleted

In my opinion, they should have a scarf, a helm and shoulders as an option, instead of two shoulders and a helm.

Visionary's Helm, Fanatics Mantle, Conqueror's Pauldrons, for example.