Is the pink shroud on the graphics card standard issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I'm thinking it's the standard red Radeon-one, and it's just the camera picking it up as pink. Notice the other reds are rather pinker, too.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    I'm thinking it's the standard red Radeon-one, and it's just the camera picking it up as pink. Notice the other reds are rather pinker, too.
    Erisdar says it is a GeForce GTX 260 though, not a Radeon.

Erisdar says it is a GeForce GTX 260 though, not a Radeon.
    You appear to be correct indeed, I wasn't paying much attention I suppose.

Google images confirm that's how the card looks, though, minus the red coming of as pink.

fixed the images..
    Thanks alot. Couldn't post them due to lack of posts.
    Cheers

It's probably because 1 AM is a bad time for taking pictures with 2 Mpix phone camera in room with poor light. And yea, it's red actually.
    Last edited by Erisdar; 2012-02-28 at 12:52 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

My first build that I made about 7 months ago, specs are.
    I know the cable management could be a lot better but I tried
    Case - thermaltake level 10 gt
    Motherboard - Asus maximus extreme-z
    CPU - intel i7-2600k
    Ram - corsair vengeance 8gb 1866
    CPU cooler - antec h20 920
    GPU - asus gtx 590
    PSU - xfx black edition 1250w
    Peripherals are razer naga, logitech g19, logitech z623 speakers, and a samsung s27a750d 120hz 3d monitor.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Yes, full usage at 4.3GHz would be rough, but he said gaming is his main thing, and WoW never uses 100% CPU usage from what I have seen/heard, at least not on 2500Ks. ^_<
    Yes, wow never uses 100% cpu on a quad core because it can't use more than two cores...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nezgral View Post
    My first build that I made about 7 months ago, specs are.
    I know the cable management could be a lot better but I tried
    Case - thermaltake level 10 gt
    Motherboard - Asus maximus extreme-z
    CPU - intel i7-2600k
    Ram - corsair vengeance 8gb 1866
    GPU - asus gtx 590
    PSU - xfx black edition 1250w
    Peripherals are razer naga, logitech g19, logitech z623 speakers, and a samsung s27a750d 120hz 3d monitor.
    That's a VERY nice build. I'm jealous ^^

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yay another Corsair H80 user! What kind of fans are you using on it Nezgral? I am thinking about swapping my Fractal fans on it for a pair of Bitfenix fans, particularly these ones: http://ncix.ca/products/?sku=66101&v...cture=BitFenix

The problem being that I have the Corsair fans in my case now and they squeak a lot, so I want to put the stock Fractal case fans back on the case and put some fans with better air flow on the the cooler. No idea what kind of fans to use, however I figure those fans have a whopping 56.22 CFM and aren't horribly loud at 18db.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Yay another Corsair H80 user!
    Hrrm..?
    Quote Originally Posted by nezgral View Post
    As for your actual questions, I suggest the X-silent line from Thermalright, or the Gentle Typhoon distributed from Scythe (I actually don't have any Scythe branding at all on mine, so thinking they are just selling them).

For case-fans, I like both the above mentioned, but also the Air Penetrators from Silverstone. They make poor radiator-fans.
    Speaking of radiators, shrouding the fans on any 120mm-radiator will be increasing the static air flow and pressure, in lieu of increasing the impact area of the fins.
    &nbsp;

Deleted
    CPU: i5 2500k 4.5ghz
    GPU: Gigabyte OC Edition GTX 560 SLI
    RAM: Kingston DDR3 8GB 1600MHz
    Mobo: Asus P8P67 Pro
    PSU: Cooler Master Silent ProM 1000W
    Case: Antec Dark Fleet DF30

Last edited by mmocbfd4414eb3; 2012-02-28 at 02:39 AM. Reason: Pics

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elliojonhy View Post
    CPU: i5 2500k 4.5ghz
    GPU: Gigabyte OC Edition GTX 560 SLI
    RAM: Kingston DDR3 8GB 1600MHz
    Mobo: Asus P8P67 Pro
    PSU: Cooler Master Silent ProM 1000W
    Case: Antec Dark Fleet DF30

Won't let me post images
    You need to get a couple more post to be able to post images, I think it's 10,15 or 20.

Deleted
    Yeh it was 10 posts :P Thank you

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yay another Corsair H80 user! What kind of fans are you using on it Nezgral? I am thinking about swapping my Fractal fans on it for a pair of Bitfenix fans, particularly these ones: http://ncix.ca/products/?sku=66101&v...cture=BitFenix

The problem being that I have the Corsair fans in my case now and they squeak a lot, so I want to put the stock Fractal case fans back on the case and put some fans with better air flow on the the cooler. No idea what kind of fans to use, however I figure those fans have a whopping 56.22 CFM and aren't horribly loud at 18db.
    As tetrisgoat said I do not own the corsair h80, I am using the antec h20 920 with stock fans.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hrrm..?

As for your actual questions, I suggest the X-silent line from Thermalright, or the Gentle Typhoon distributed from Scythe (I actually don't have any Scythe branding at all on mine, so thinking they are just selling them).

For case-fans, I like both the above mentioned, but also the Air Penetrators from Silverstone. They make poor radiator-fans.
    Speaking of radiators, shrouding the fans on any 120mm-radiator will be increasing the static air flow and pressure, in lieu of increasing the impact area of the fins.
    Derp, I just looked at the pictures. The 920 is effectively the same cooler though. I have one Gentle Typhoon in my case, don't find it moves that much more air then the Fractal fans I put on the cooler to be honest. They are quiet, though and make great case fans.

A quick scan through Newegg and NCIX shows no fans from Thermalright branded as X-Silent, they have the Stealth Silent fans on NCIX but it's 10db louder then the BitFenix fans and the only difference is 6 CFM in air flow between the two. Newegg Canada doesn't carry the brand.

Derp, I just looked at the pictures. The 920 is effectively the same cooler though. I have one Gentle Typhoon in my case, don't find it moves that much more air then the Fractal fans I put on the cooler to be honest. They are quiet, though and make great case fans.

A quick scan through Newegg and NCIX shows no fans from Thermalright branded as X-Silent, they have the Stealth Silent fans on NCIX but it's 10db louder then the BitFenix fans and the only difference is 6 CFM in air flow between the two. Newegg Canada doesn't carry the brand.
    http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=51...e=Thermalright Looks like they've been de-activated for some reason, yea.
    There's always Amazon, though.
    http://www.amazon.com/Thermalright-T...0422676&sr=8-5
    http://www.amazon.com/Thermalright-T...0422676&sr=8-4
    &nbsp;

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Holy eff Newegg's regular shipping is fast. My SSD shipped out from New Jersey yesterday morning and it's already in transit to the Purolator depot where I live, that came fast over the border for once. Can't wait to get my new board next and really get the speeds cranked up.

Deleted
    Here's my current setup:

CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K @ 4.4Ghz
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB @ 1600Mhz
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
    GPU: 2x GTX 570 SLI
    Display: 3x BenQ XL2420T @ 120hz
    SSD: Kingston HyperX 256GB SATA3
    HDD:2x Western Digital Black Edition 1TB (RAID Stripe), 1x Western Digital Black Edition 1TB
    Sound: SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio PCI-E
    PSU: Corsair AX1200
    Chassis:Antec P182
    Few other bits, 1xBlue Ray/RW drive, 1xDVD/RW drive. Razer Lycosa. Cyborg RAT7.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Holy eff Newegg's regular shipping is fast. My SSD shipped out from New Jersey yesterday morning and it's already in transit to the Purolator depot where I live, that came fast over the border for once. Can't wait to get my new board next and really get the speeds cranked up.
    Consider yourself lucky. Every time I order from Newegg, it takes well over a week to get here.

On topic... I did a couple of upgrades to my ISA server the other day.

The power supply was aging pretty bad, it was an old 350W Antec out of a case I bought 7 years ago, and the machine has been on pretty well 24/7 since I setup the server in summer 2009. The fans bearings were starting to die, and it was getting a bit of an annoying whir. 430W on this new Earthwatts unit is well over what the system needs, but at $30 it was the cheapest high quality option.

The cooler I was using was an old Freezer7 which didn't blow on the board, and I found the chipsets were getting rather hot, so I switched to a Scythe cooler since they were on sale.

And lastly, I replaced the 500GB Seagate drive in it with my old Vertex2.

So, complete stats:

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 w/ Scythe Shruiken RevB
    Gigabyte G31M-ES2L
    4GiB Patriot DDR2-800
    2x Intel Pro 1000 CT PCIe NiCs
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB
    Antec Earthwatts 430W
    Old Acer Aspire mATX chassis
    Windows Server 2003 R2 x86 w/ Internet Security & Acceleration Server 2006

I'm thinking of swapping the Acer case with a cheapo HTPC case at some point. Also, you may laugh at the masking tape. Cable management isn't exactly simple in an Acer case. I had to improvise.
    red panda red panda red panda!

Quote Originally Posted by Burchoid View Post
    Sorry, I should have listed my specs:

Razer Naga Molten Edition
    Core I5 @ 4.2GHz
    Scythe Mugen 2 Rev B cooler
    G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1600
    Gigabyte UD4 P67 Mobo
    EVGA GeForce GTX 570 OC
    Intel X-25M 160GB SSD
    WD 320GB storage drive
    Corsair TX series 80+ 750W PSU
    Azza Hurrican 2000R Case

Very happy with my current setup. I originally had a Biostar MB for this setup, but when they did the chipset fix revision they took out SLI, so I went with Gigabyte instead.

2-night progression raiding: http://www.fullspectrumguild.com
    Shadow-Raid Blog: http://shadow-raid.blogspot.com/