Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Concerns with LFR

/vent
    <snip>
    ilvl 363 non-equipped 353 equipped...

How does this guy and people like this guy manage to weasel into LFR

He managed to pull a wopping 5k HPS and rolled a 200 on the spine trinket. raaaaaaaaaaaggggeeeeee.

/vent

We don't name and shame on here.
    Last edited by Wilderness; 2012-02-28 at 08:41 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    He's 382 nonequipped at the moment. 372 is needed to get in. Armory only updates when you log out, so if you checked his armory mid-raid it was probably out-of-date. Why didn't you kick him if his dps was that bad?

Deleted
    I've seen worse, there was a Disc Priest this week with agility gems "for the extra crit".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    I've seen worse, there was a Disc Priest this week with agility gems "for the extra crit".
    May be misinformed, but at least he's trying.

EDIT: In game tooltips can be ambiguous. Agi says crit, he wanted crit so he put agi gems. Not every game splits spell crit off as a separate stat.

[Because people don't read further down than 3 posts before replying.]
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2012-02-28 at 08:45 AM.

Considering he just got the "EPIC" achievement 20 minutes ago, gonna assume he has a lot of high item level stuff in his bag/bank that he hasnt equipped.

LFR/LFD doesnt check if you are wearing the items to get the required item level, just that you have it somewhere on your toon.

You can queue up for LFR naked and you will still get in, so long as you have the gear in your bag/bank to qualify for the 372 item level needed to gain entry.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Deleted
    People who genuinely rage over something as trivial loot always amuse me. It shows their complete lack of control over emotions.
    And yet, the solution for these people to prevent rage is so simple: Don't expect any loot when entering LFR...

Also, naming and shaming...

Um yeah, you can't name and shame here.
    "An orc - a true orc warrior - wishes for one thing: To die in the glory of battle against a hated enemy." -Varok Saurfang

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Misinformed? Seriously, even your ingame character sheet tells you that "this stat is useless for your class". You got to be a moron and/or lazy to not notice it through months of gameplay while you hit 85 and get ilvl 372+.

It's LFR. Throw away the misconception that you are there to win loot. you are there to cap you VP and anything else is just a bonus.

No need to name and shame people on here, everybody has seen the "worst" players that herpaderp in LFR.

i.e. Frost DK 373 ilvl - 11K dps, Frost Mage 388 ilvl - 7K dps

I actually pointed out the mage in raid chat after they won a tier token. Their highest ability was their pets auto attack. I then got abused by about 5 people saying "if we killed the boss, what does it matter?" and "maybe they're just here to see content" and telling me to "get fucked elitist scum". If they're just there to see content - why are they need rolling on loot?

You want to know the trick to enjoying LFR?

Stop caring about the loot. Really. Stop caring about other people: stop inspecting the other players, stop raging that 'your' loot went to them. If you get something? Awesome. If you don't? Oh well, better luck next time.

Don't blame other people. Don't name and shame. Just calm down, stop worrying, and have some fun. You only have yourself to blame if you get angry over this sort of thing.

Well, hello. LFR was created for guys like this.
    ONLY FOR THEM. ITS THEIR RAID. Get it finally.

Every player who could properly gear, enchant, gem and have at least half brain, should go to normal mode difficulty.

This guy deserved this trinket more than you, because its his raid, not yours.
    You agreed to carry him for a chance to get some rare piece of loot, but no one said that you will ever get it.
    Last edited by traen; 2012-02-28 at 08:19 AM.

This is normal. nothing new. Atleast he made 5k hps, better than all the afk's.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Misinformed? Seriously, even your ingame character sheet tells you that "this stat is useless for your class". You got to be a moron and/or lazy to not notice it through months of gameplay while you hit 85 and get ilvl 372+.
    No it doesn't, scrolling over the agi stat on a priest doesn't tell you anything other than: Increases critical strike chance by X%. It doesn't even tell you it's for melee only.
    "An orc - a true orc warrior - wishes for one thing: To die in the glory of battle against a hated enemy." -Varok Saurfang

He clearly needed it more, it will improve him more than it will improve you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    lol months. I hit 85 on a fresh toon within a week and was in LFR the same day I hit 85. In game tooltips can be ambiguous. Agi says crit, he wanted crit so he put agi gems. Not every game splits spell crit off as a separate stat.

It is a little easy to get into LFR. It probably should be slightly harder... case in point.

My warlock - was ilvl 340 for about 6 months (Couple of holiday items, ring, trinket. Season 10 (371) hat, T11 chest, the rest greens/blues from levelling.)
    Drop 2k on the AH to buy some 377 pvp items to get me > 353.
    5 HoT heroics. - grats 372 in bags 369 equipped.
    LFR here we come....

It should almost certainly be a little harder than that. Essentially I took this toon, that had spent the JP/HP earnt whilst levelling, and done 2 holiday events. Within the space of 3 hours I was in LFR.

You trick the system with PvP gear - bad
    You manage to get 372 (LFR ilvl minimum) but cannot pull 30k dps - bad
    You can pull 30k dps but have no gems/enchants - bad
    You have gems/enchants but not BiS only other/not suiting your role perfectly - bad
    You have perfect gear, enchants/gems/food/flask, spec and rotation, you pull 60k dps - good (but what are you doing in LFR then?)

Blizzard set certain rules to prevent undergeared people from entering too difficult content. But some people raise that to the ridiculous heights. Most cases I feel like I *have* to have a F1 driving license with 5 year experience and at least 3 wins over Schumacher just to attend for civil driving course.

He managed to pull a wopping 5k HPS and rolled a 200 on the spine trinket. raaaaaaaaaaaggggeeeeee.
    Are you possibly one of those "players" that claim certain loot because "deserve more"? I just love that attitude. I enter a dungeon/LFR in hope to get some decent upgrade. I know that my gear isn't on par with the rest. I met minimum, I do my best, struggle harder as content is harder for me. At first I got insulted because some elitist says my gear suxx. Well, his sucked too at some point, but he forgot about that. Now he's pr0, I'm baddie. Somehow we manage to defeat the encounter. Elitist ninja of of me upgrade (that he doesn't really need) claiming he "deserves" it more as he carried me.

But when we meet again he will qq and rage about how my gear suxx...L2p advice he will give. Get better gear he says. O rly?

Now i feel soooooo great now that i dont need ANY loot from lfr anymore !!!!
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    The guy was close to full LFR tier with the VP BoE's, you'd think he'd of noticed the lack of agility and assumed that stat does nothing for his class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightlark View Post
    /vent

ilvl 363 non-equipped 353 equipped...

How does this guy and people like this guy manage to weasel into LFR

/vent
    He has 382 avg item level.

P.S How fricking lucky was the guy if that was his first run tier piece, neck and trinket!
    Last edited by Wilderness; 2012-02-28 at 08:42 PM.