Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Are there raids in GW2?

I'm going to buy GW2 regardless, but my coworker told me that Guild Wars 2 will not have any raids. He said the only "raid bosses" will be world bosses, and he said GW1 was like that too.

Can someone confirm or deny this?
    Like I said, I'm going to buy the game anyways, but if there are no raids.... that really takes the wind out of a lot of my hype.

10+ Year Old Account
    There aren't plans for raids as far as i know, besides public quests and world bosses etc. There will be 5 mans with story mode (easier) and adventure mode which gives 3 different available routes through each dungeon, can choose one, and they are supposedly alot harder.
    Last edited by Solidito; 2012-02-28 at 11:03 PM.

Deleted
    i asked this question for few days ago. apparently there are no raids. only world bosses. you dont have to raid 5/7 days a week with your guild to become good

no there wil only be 5mans dungens and then a world boss that adept his powers on the number of players in the zone

so you cant raid, only raid encounter spawns random so you cant plan raid times and well 1 boring boss

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is no real way to do raids in GW2 as we know it... You don't have a tank and you don't have dedicated healers... I guess they could instance world bosses if they wanted to and let limited amounts of people inside, but it'd undermine a lot of the purpose, that you're one among a hundred or so in an epic battle against a BIG enemy (big as in BIG).

As long as they make explorable 5-man modes quite hard, I'm okay with no raids.

Quote Originally Posted by yeto View Post
    no there wil only be 5mans dungens and then a world boss that adept his powers on the number of players in the zone

so you cant raid, only raid encounter spawns random so you cant plan raid times and well 1 boring boss
    Where the hell do you get the idea that there is only one dynamic event with a boss like creature in the whole game?
    [quote author=ðεrfεℓ † καðαrηε link=topic=158876.msg2123362#msg2123362 date=1265649724]
    And who are you?
    Â A two-feet-tall midget dual wielding 5ft long two-handed swords?
    Â Or a blue-skinned half-squid-half-goat uncorrupted demon of light from outer space who is a wild shaman?
    Â Or are you a killed, then raised, then liberated, then killed, then raised, then liberated again human whose eyes used to glow not, then glow yellow, and now glow blue (I'm not even talking of your spine portruding through your skin, your armor and your cloak)(and the ability to speak without lower jaw)?
    Â Or are you an elf who can turn into a cat, bear, seal, cheetah, eagle and tree, but still has to use ground mounts which you magically conjure from thin air? [/quote]

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    From a PVE standpoint it's a game that is intended to be played while you play other mmos. 'Casual' in the sense of how much time is required, but for sure not casual in the sense of difficulty.

10+ Year Old Account

They don't spawn randomly. They are at the end of event chains that can be pushed along a path to make the boss spawn.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Deleted

1. your wrong, theres more then 1. and 2. would you mind explain why the ecounter is boring, have you even played it?

Traditional mmo raids = an organized community invited into a large party to take down an instance boss
    GW2 raids = an organized community not required to be in a party and doesn't require an instance area.

I would like proof of a boring boss from GW2. Oh wait...
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    1. your wrong, theres more then 1. and 2. would you mind explain why the ecounter is boring, have you even played it?
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Traditional mmo raids = an organized community invited into a large party to take down an instance boss
    GW2 raids = an organized community not required to be in a party and doesn't require an instance area.
    I would like proof of a boring boss from GW2. Oh wait...
    Guys, check out the signature. K stop feeding it and move on. :P

And for the OP: Everything you need to know about GW2 is here.
    Last edited by Snow White; 2012-02-28 at 11:10 PM.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=are+there+raids+in+GW2%3F

Please look for previous posts before starting a new one. That, or preform a quick google search for yes/no questions that seem like major issues (have probably been asked before). The answer to your question is no, there are no plans for traditional raiding. Don't think this means the game won't be challenging, though. You can easily get a group together the size of an MC group, perform multiple DEs together, and have the mobs' abilities scale in both diversity and power depending on the number of people present.

Don't post "let me google that for you links", they're not productive at all. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-02-29 at 12:01 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    Guys, check out the signature. K stop feeding it and move on. :P
    oh yea didnt even notice -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Viceversa View Post
    From a PVE standpoint it's a game that is intended to be played while you play other mmos. 'Casual' in the sense of how much time is required, but for sure not casual in the sense of difficulty.
    Post is so good.

Don't think there are raids, and honestly the class mechanics don't really support any kind of in depth raiding, which would require tanks and healers and dispels and stuff like that. They got world bosses as people have said, and honestly I haven't been toooo impressed with those....focus will probably be on PVP and the wvwvw. I will be pretty content with 5mans though, and challenge modes, and hopefully some good small scale pvp objective games like wsg and ab but gw2 version.

OT: I just love it when someone makes stupid statement about GW2 and then the same superheroes come and save the day by correcting the post.
    Hi

No raids, thank you Arenanet! No longer will I have to play according to the guilds schedule and I can play the game when I want.

Btw the 2 world bosses we've seen so far have been undertuned to give people a chance to experience it without getting crushed, so don't let that be a factor in your opinion. They'll be different come release.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viceversa View Post
    I see what you are saying but I don't think this will be true; there will be hardcore guilds focused on PVE I think.

thay will have very few bosses, you must be abel to kill them without teamspeak and preplanning

few bosses = you kill the same over and over = boring

a boss you dont need teamwork to kill = boring

10+ Year Old Account
    How can we have two massive info threads and people still manage to miss this?
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter