Thread: Mage Macros

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Correct but missing a few more. The weakness of this is if you have item that procs haste the cast time of FB changes so the number of Fireball also needs to change

Example 2005 haste can do 5x FB before refreshing LB
    1505 haste can do 4x FB before refreshng LB
    Our Bis Trink (4.3) itself procs haste. 1505+tringket=5x FB, while 2005+trink proc= 6x FB

/castsequence reset=target Living Bomb,Fireball,Fireball,Fireball,Fireball
    /castsequence [mod:shift]Pyroblast;reset=60 Flame Orb, Mirror Image
    /cast [mod:ctrl] Combustion
    /cast [mod:alt] Fireball

Depending on your haste you change the numbers of FB you use. The macro has 4x FB. You add more FB by pressing alt+macro. I recomend to use it Before you start the macros sequence to prevent using LB before it explode. Using ctrl+macro will use Combustion. Using shift+macro will hardcast pyro. The macro uses orb and Mirror image off cd. You can use Combustion OFF cd by deleting it and writing it on the 2nd castsequence:
    /castsequence [mod:shift]Pyroblast;reset=60 Flame Orb,Combustion, Mirror Image
    and place Managem on ctrl BUT we mages like to use it with big ignites so I separated it.

Running around macro ^,..,^

#showtooltip
    /cast [mod] Blastwave; Scorch
    /cast Pyroblast!

Heres is a macro that will auto cast pyro procs /cast Pyroblst! but sadly it doesnt work on the castsequence
    So I recomend this instead. I dont like castsequence on my mage anyway. This one is simple and more accurate than the sequence, you just need to keybind the orb and miror image to make it easier.

#showtooltip
    /cast [mod] Pyroblast; Fireball
    /cast Pyroblast!

and also:

#showtooltip
    /cast [mod] Combustion; Livingbomb
    /cast Pyroblast!

I actualy dont use the sequence cause i dont like it LoL I divided mine and placed Managem on all of them to make sure I use it off cd (without using it at full mana). I dont like specific modifier. I just use [mod] meaning any will do on matter what I press.
    Last edited by Tomia; 2012-01-15 at 06:25 AM.

My Fave Macro:
    Does 3 Important skills, modifier base on what I personality like to use.
    #showtooltip [nopet] Summon Water Elemental; [nomod] Freeze; [modifier] Frost Nova
    /cast [nopet][target=pet, dead] Summon Water Elemental; Freeze
    /cast [modifier] Frost Nova

CC macro: It will use CC on your curent target, or if you use modifier it will use it on your focus. Best used on 2s arena ^,..,^. I use 2 of this, the other uses polymorph
    #showtooltip Counterspell
    /stopcasting
    /cast [modifier, target=focus] Counterspell
    /cast [nomod] Counterspell

Believe it or not this does Fit and will end up at 247/255
    #showtooltip
    /stopcasting
    /castrandom [modifier, target=focus] Polymorph,Polymorph(Rabbit),Polymorph(Pig),Polymorph(Turtle),Polymorph(Black Cat)
    /castrandom [nomod] Polymorph,Polymorph(Rabbit),Polymorph(Pig),Polymorph(Turtle),Polymorph(Black Cat)

You can also use this with dots. Since you can cast dots even if there behind as long as there on your LoS. Makes Multidoting easier specialy on 2s arena.
    Last edited by Tomia; 2012-01-15 at 06:39 AM.

This is my Iceblock macro

Code:
    #showtooltip Ice Block
    /stopcasting
    /cast Ice Block
    /cancelaura Ice Block
    It let's you hit the button once to enter your ice block; and hit the button again to cancel the aura so you do not have to sit in the ice block for the entire duration.

Quote Originally Posted by vaajtswv View Post
    If they both activate the gcd, you can't put them in the same macro. Nothing will cast if you do.
    Shiv and throw go into the same macro, i use it all the time, not sure if throw is GCD though.

Quote Originally Posted by rzy View Post
    Shiv and throw go into the same macro, i use it all the time, not sure if throw is GCD though.
    Activate just Throw. If most of the buttons dim briefly, it's on the gcd. If nothing else dim except throw, then it's not on the gcd.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zurkhan View Post
    This is my Iceblock macro

Code:
    #showtooltip Ice Block
    /stopcasting
    /cast Ice Block
    /cancelaura Ice Block
    It let's you hit the button once to enter your ice block; and hit the button again to cancel the aura so you do not have to sit in the ice block for the entire duration.
    I prefer;
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast !Ice Block
    So I can spam it (PvP mostly) without it canceling my block when I panicspam.

Then to get out;
    Code:
    #showtooltip Ice Lance
    /cancelaura Ice Block
    /cast Ice Lance
    Change Ice Lance to fireball living bomb or whatever you want for pve usage.

I like this to increase my mirrors damage

#showtooltip Mirror Image
    /cast Icy Veins
    /cast Mirror Image

you can add lifeblood too (no gcd) if you are an herber

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doxshund View Post

/cast Icy Veins
    /cast Mirror Image

I see no effect. ~55k both with and without.

Deleted
    Hi, i need help with a targeting macro for the Burning Tendons for Spine since i accidentally deleted mine.

It was something like /show target [target=boss2] or something then /cast Arcane Blast

Quote Originally Posted by Nekkk View Post
    Hi, i need help with a targeting macro for the Burning Tendons for Spine since i accidentally deleted mine.

It was something like /show target [target=boss2] or something then /cast Arcane Blast
    Code:
    /cast Arcane Blast
    /tar [notarget][dead][help] burning tendon

I'm horrible with makin macros, but I'm looking for one that allows me to cast LB on my focus target. Like on madness without having to actually switch targets. If somebody could show me that macro i'd appreciate it. Thanks.
    Fire mage-Kaelilla-US Azuremyst (Astoria)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valimar27 View Post
    I'm horrible with makin macros, but I'm looking for one that allows me to cast LB on my focus target. Like on madness without having to actually switch targets. If somebody could show me that macro i'd appreciate it. Thanks.
    /cast [@focus]Living Bomb
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

I prefer this because it either casts on your target or on your mouseover target:

#showtooltip
    /cast [target=mouseover, harm, nodead]living bomb; living bomb

Quote Originally Posted by Doxshund View Post

/cast Icy Veins
    /cast Mirror Image

I'm fairly certain spell power is the only thing that will benefit mirror images.

Acquired Taste ~ US - Akama ~ 25Man Raiding Guild ~ HC MSV 6/6.HC HoF 3/6.TES 4/4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NeerDeth View Post
    I prefer this because it either casts on your target or on your mouseover target:

#showtooltip
    /cast [target=mouseover, harm, nodead]living bomb; living bomb
    This can be shortened to:

#showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover, harm, nodead][]living bomb

Not necessary for this specific macro, but more a tip for longer macros. The shorthand "@" can be used instead of "target=". Also the empty brackets "[]" casts the spell at current target if the condition in the first brackets isn't met, instead of having "; Living Bomb" again at the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    So someone mind explaining, even with Mirror Image Glyphed, it doesn't work in my DPS macros?

Sometimes it works, sometimes its doesn't >_<

Currently it looks something like this:

/Cast Berserk(Am a troll)
    /Cast Arcane Power
    /Cast Mirror Image
    /Use Mana Gem
    /Use Intellect Potion

As I understand it, spells not on the GCD should be able to cast at the same time, hence these DPS macros, but for whatever reason, Mirror Image only works about half the time.
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave131 View Post
    So someone mind explaining, even with Mirror Image Glyphed, it doesn't work in my DPS macros?

Sometimes it works, sometimes its doesn't >_<

Currently it looks something like this:

/Cast Berserk(Am a troll)
    /Cast Arcane Power
    /Cast Mirror Image
    /Use Mana Gem
    /Use Intellect Potion

As I understand it, spells not on the GCD should be able to cast at the same time, hence these DPS macros, but for whatever reason, Mirror Image only works about half the time.
    If MI is on cd, the macro will stop running at that line. Also as a little tip, pop int potion before Mana Gem. You'll get a bigger SP boost and reduce the chance of overflowing your max mana with the gem.

10+ Year Old Account
    So basically the MI glyph is useless and I might as well just cast it outside the macros. Waa

Thanks for the tip about the Potion btw
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave131 View Post
    So basically the MI glyph is useless and I might as well just cast it outside the macros. Waa

Thanks for the tip about the Potion btw
    If you aren't frost, Glyph of Mirror Image is a slight dps increase because your images get the bonus from Fire/Arcane specialization. By slight I mean it's around 100, maybe less. While on the topic of minor glyphs, you should pick up Glyph of Conjuring if you haven't. It reduces the mana cost of making a Mana Gem; useful for long fights.