Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cc and impairing effects removal

Hello, I wanted to ask if there is or will be a cc and impairing effects removal, like for example the pvp trinket in wow.

Each class has numerous options to remove conditions from themselves and allies. There are no trinkets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely. Things like slows and fear are "conditions" (debuffs in other words) and there are plenty of abilities to either remove all conditions from you/allies or convert all conditions into boons (buffs)

There are some abilities that combine condition removal and stun removal, some that deal with knockback/knockdown immunity

edit: beaten to it by a much more concise and effective answer :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, just look around at the various profession skills. Some have skills that will break stuns for you, some classes can just remove conditions in general, etc etc...
    I believe some peeps even do things that will automatically remove conditions from all allies.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I believe some peeps even do things that will automatically remove conditions from all allies.
    Yup, like engineers have a trait where throwing or consuming elixirs removes conditions from those affected. It's just something that happens passively.

ok, thanks for the answers.

15+ Year Old Account
    The only problem I have seen is thieves are still the only profession without a condition removal. Which is really odd frankly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    The only problem I have seen is thieves are still the only profession without a condition removal. Which is really odd frankly.
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Signet_of_Malice

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Signet_of_Malice

WHY YOU SO DIFFERENT????
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

http://www.gw2tools.com/calc/#t-t-aa...aa.Uaa.aaa.aaa

Shadows Embrace - Removes 1 condition every 3 seconds while in stealth

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    http://www.gw2tools.com/calc/#t-t-aa...aa.Uaa.aaa.aaa

Shadows Embrace - Removes 1 condition every 3 seconds while in stealth
    but its not on demand and realistically thats 1 condition per most stealths and youd have to stay in it the whole time
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh. They don't really need to remove conditions, per se. They do have abilities that break stun, as well as abilities like leap, shadowstep, scorpion wire... They're already highly mobile, and have insanely high burst damage, so controlling them will be one of the best ways to beat them.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-02-29 at 05:02 AM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Why do all new MMOs have to be special and rename everything? What is wrong with buff and debuff and why do they want me to be yelled at as a Blizz fanboy everytime I forget and call them that when I am playing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Why do all new MMOs have to be special and rename everything? What is wrong with buff and debuff and why do they want me to be yelled at as a Blizz fanboy everytime I forget and call them that when I am playing?
    I don't think anybody in the game will really give a shit if you call it buff/debuff, except for prudes, and they aren't worth your attention.

Besides, enough time in the game, and I'm sure you'll get accustomed to it. I don't really know why they changed it to boons/conditions, but maybe they wanted the terminology to be usable in game, roleplaying-wise.
    I can't say I cast a "haste buff" on you, but I can say I gave you a boon of swiftness.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I don't think anybody in the game will really give a shit if you call it buff/debuff, except for prudes, and they aren't worth your attention.

Besides, enough time in the game, and I'm sure you'll get accustomed to it. I don't really know why they changed it to boons/conditions, but maybe they wanted the terminology to be usable in game, roleplaying-wise.
    I can't say I cast a "haste buff" on you, but I can say I gave you a boon of swiftness.
    I keep getting yelled at on SWTOR for calling operations raids and flashpoints dungeons. I assume there will be just as many people on whatever the equivilent trade is doing the same in GW2. It just makes me sad when devs seem to go out of their way to make a rift between people trying a new game and the hardcore fanboys.

10+ Year Old Account
    buff and debuff are slang terms

boons and conditions are the in game terms. specifically "condition" stems from a group of debuffs in GW1 called "conditions" which were standardized effects, similar to what we see in gW2. the other one was called a "hex" and they were specific effects and where almost always harder to remove. to counter it they were harder to apply (you can condition spam but the only hex you could really spam was insidious parasite, whihc was really a cover hex more than being dangerous

because calling beneficial effects (the catch all term for things in GW1) "buffs" and negative ones "conditions" wouldn't be symetric, they called them boons (which are enchantments, except some effects like weapon spells werent classified as an "enchantment" so boon is the new catch all in gw2)
    The Original Ganksta

boons and conditions were in the first game as well, not sure why you would complain about definitions

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    boons and conditions were in the first game as well, not sure why you would complain about definitions
    but there were many different classifications, and boon wasnt an established term
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    I keep getting yelled at on SWTOR for calling operations raids and flashpoints dungeons. I assume there will be just as many people on whatever the equivilent trade is doing the same in GW2. It just makes me sad when devs seem to go out of their way to make a rift between people trying a new game and the hardcore fanboys.
    Then clearly the people in SWTOR are prudes. Don't let it get to ya.

The difference, really, is that SWTOR is the exact same game as WoW, but set in Star Wars, and the result is that they compete - and when people have passion for a product, they're going to very passionately "defend" it or "support" it in the face of those who will "support" their competition, for no real good reason.

GW2 is really not in competition with WoW in the slightest, and the quality GW2 players will realize that and not make a big deal out of it. Everybody knows what you really mean anyways, and that's what matters.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-02-29 at 05:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    but there were many different classifications, and boon wasnt an established term
    They didn't define everything, that's true. Still, I think it's a silly thing to complain about.

Ah ok, history from a time when MMOs were more like PnP and had less standardisation, I can respect that.

Also: I wasn't complaining about the definitions, I was complaining about having a new term for the same definition. But like I said, if it is something they brought over from a game the was made before the terms were as set in stone as they are now, I am fine with it.
    Last edited by Vulpei; 2012-02-29 at 05:26 AM.