10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    Ah, the understanding world of male dominated gaming. Where hetero and lesbian relationships are completely fine, yet gay ones are worth a dislike on Youtube.

There may have been a tint of sarcasm in some part of the above line.
    I don't see many people who are fine with the hetero and lesbian relationships when they're written by bioware. They are just as awful and the game would be better without them.

Quote Originally Posted by thebum06 View Post
    I don't see many people who are fine with the hetero and lesbian relationships when they're written by bioware. They are just as awful and the game would be better without them.
    Of course, because everyone goes to the random internet gaming forums to say 'I LOVED HAVING SEX WITH _____'.

Oh wait, the desire to complain about something they don't like is a much bigger draw than people saying they enjoyed a specific part of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Of course, because everyone goes to the random internet gaming forums to say 'I LOVED HAVING SEX WITH _____'.

Oh wait, the desire to complain about something they don't like is a much bigger draw than people saying they enjoyed a specific part of the game.
    Right, but my point was that people don't hate the homosexual relationships just because they're homosexual (well, some do but they're a minority). Most people hate them because they're badly written.

Quote Originally Posted by thebum06 View Post
    Right, but my point was that people don't hate the homosexual relationships just because they're homosexual (well, some do but they're a minority). Most people hate them because they're badly written.
    And yet only the video of the homosexual thing gets downgraded on youtube, while the lesbian ones get upvoted.

Ah, the understanding world of male dominated gaming. Where hetero and lesbian relationships are completely fine, yet gay ones are worth a dislike on Youtube.

There may have been a tint of sarcasm in some part of the above line.
    Ah, the world where youtube dislikes actually mean something.

Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    Why would two people showing affection for each other cause your eyes to bleed?
    I'm ok with showing affection, but a explicit sex scene between two muscular men in a videogame? I'm not homophobic, but that's crossing the line

And yet only the video of the homosexual thing gets downgraded on youtube, while the lesbian ones get upvoted.
    unfortunelly that's the society we live on. I downvote both, and I also downvote hetero scenes. I dislike this kind of concept forced into me, and it's on of the reasons I can't deal with bioware RPGs lately. I just want to enjoy the story, the battle, the war, not some kind of dating simulator with RPG elements
    Dear developers,

please nerf Rock, it's too overpowered. Paper is fine, however.
    Signed, Scissors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalx View Post
    unfortunelly that's the society we live on. I downvote both, and I also downvote hetero scenes. I dislike this kind of concept forced into me, and it's on of the reasons I can't deal with bioware RPGs lately. I just want to enjoy the story, the battle, the war, not some kind of dating simulator with RPG elements
    Because romance in a Bioware game is a completely new concept?
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Ah, the world where youtube dislikes actually mean something.

I'm ok with showing affection, but a explicit sex scene between two muscular men in a videogame? I'm not homophobic, but that's crossing the line

And that is fine, but the point made was that 'only the homosexual scene gets the downvotes' as a way of pointing out (rightly) in my opinion that the gaming culture is still mainly men and very homophobic. If you don't like ANY of the romance options, you have a different issue with the videos in their entirety than homophobia, which is what I was talking about.

Because romance in a Bioware game is a completely new concept?
    the way it's presented, yes, it's a new concept.
    And that is fine, but the point made was that 'only the homosexual scene gets the downvotes' as a way of pointing out (rightly) in my opinion that the gaming culture is still mainly men and very homophobic. If you don't like ANY of the romance options, you have a different issue with the videos in their entirety than homophobia, which is what I was talking about.
    it's not an issue, it's an opinion, tbh
    there are many games that uses romance in a decent way, like witcher 2, or games that completely fuck it up worse than bioware games like skyrim (not even sure you can call that romance)
    Last edited by Kalx; 2012-03-02 at 01:37 PM.
    Dear developers,

Signed, Scissors.

Speaking of the Bioware romance options over the years, why haven't they used Leliana's (DA:O) VA again? That must be the sweetest voice I've heard in any game I've ever played.

And on the gay thing, I can see both perspectives. Bioware is doing a bold move, sort of like the military not only allowing, but encouraging gay relationships when in service. It makes me cringe a little, but I take solid comfort in that if I don't want anything to do with it, it won't be forced upon me. And even then, the sex scenes are optional ("I'd like to be alone kkthxbai"), also a huge comfort JUST IN CASE I accidentally stumble into something I didn't see coming.

We've had straight relationships and severely limited lesbian options (FemShep not able to woe either Miranda or Jack is a sad and lonely FemShep) forever now. I say it's about time gay options are introduced, even though I'll never touch it myself.

But there is something I really miss. I'd like to, for RP reasons ofc, be this muscular PC who's together with this sex bomb of a woman, and in group meetings, anytime she opens her mouth to share her opinion on something, I want a Renegade interrupt option; "Speak when spoken to woman.". That'd make the RP features complete. Even if that's the only interaction I could do in an entire playthrough, imagine the hilarity. I sense a new meme would be born.

edit:
    Couldn't keep myself away >.<

I'm ok with showing affection, but a explicit sex scene between two muscular men in a videogame? I'm not homophobic, but that's crossing the line. Unfortunelly that's the society we live on. I downvote both, and I also downvote hetero scenes. I dislike this kind of concept forced into me, and it's on of the reasons I can't deal with bioware RPGs lately. I just want to enjoy the story, the battle, the war, not some kind of dating simulator with RPG elements
    So what is this line then? Them making casual gay remarks towards one another? Them Kissing? One receiving oral? Snuggling in bed? Do you see my point? They can't judge what they release based on some imaginary line that is different for every single person. They went with the approach that if you can see and man and women engage in intercourse and have a relationship it's no different then seeing a man and a man. Which is fair and just to all in my opinion.

All the relationships in Mass Effect are optional. So if you want to enjoy the story, and battle and the war, simply do just that. When you get hit on, since you are hot stuff and powerful as Shepard, you are going to get hit on, it's realistic. Just say, lets be friends, ok? There you are not forced into any relationships, straight or gay. You really have a problem with them even giving this relationship option?
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-03-02 at 03:22 PM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Deleted
    If you whine about Bioware-sex... well, you've seen nothing yet. The Witcher 2 wants a word with you - prepare to get mega offended. And no just because Geralt bangs hot chicks doesn't make it more okay (or less so, it's all based off your opinion on the matter of sex in games) than male-Shep banging James Vega.

10+ Year Old Account
    yay gay relationships <3

*looks at James and jacob*

if i can't romance either james or jacob i am going to cry

why the hell would i want to romance jack? -.- i tried to kill him/her/it off at the end by using it as an option everytime....but nooo it survived and the doctor guy died

Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    So what is this line then? Them making casual gay remarks towards one another? Them Kissing? One receiving oral? Snuggling in bed? Do you see my point? They can't judge what they release based on some imaginary line that is different for every single person. They went with the approach that if you can see and man and women engage in intercourse and have a relationship it's no different then seeing a man and a man. Which is fair and just to all in my opinion.
    that line, in my opinion, is what's socially acceptable. yeah, I know, we live in a homophobic world, and it's taboo to see this kind of stuff, but that's just how the world is. you don't see that kind of stuff in a blockbuster movie, or in general television, for example, so it's really frowned upon by today's standards. what ME3 did was cross the line of those standards, for better or for worse, only time will tell
    All the relationships in Mass Effect are optional. So if you want to enjoy the story, and battle and the war, simply do just that. When you get hit on, since you are hot stuff and powerful as Shepard, you are going to get hit on, it's realistic. Just say, lets be friends, ok? There you are not forced into any relationships, straight or gay. You really have a problem with them even giving this option?
    you're not forced into the relationships, but you're forced into the option, and like happened in DA2, you can end up hooking up with someone by mere accident because of choices made that weren't even that obvious, because the game forces you into trying to be friends with people (friend/rivalry points)
    the game may not force you, but it sure does push you into that direction

Quote Originally Posted by vanin View Post
    If you whine about Bioware-sex... well, you've seen nothing yet. The Witcher 2 wants a word with you - prepare to get mega offended. And no just because Geralt bangs hot chicks doesn't make it more okay (or less so, it's all based off your opinion on the matter of sex in games) than male-Shep banging James Vega.
    at least the witcher 2 handles the relationships well, instead of shoving it down players throat like in bioware games
    Dear developers,

Signed, Scissors.

Heres a simple math equation for you people who aren't getting it.

The vast majority of gamers are men.

Most people in this world are straight.

Most straight men find man on man action disgusting (and rightfully so, has nothing to do with being "homophobic" or whatever liberal trash term you want to use. Your
    allowed to think something is gross without hating it.)

Alot of straight men find woman on woman action appealing (not for me personally but I know plenty of dudes love this stuff)

Therefore, the straight sex/lesbian sex videos get thumbs up while the gay videos get a thumbs down. Derp.

My thoughts: I don't care about any of this as long as Garrus doesn't hit on my MaleShepard.

Quote Originally Posted by varren View Post
    My thoughts: I don't care about any of this as long as Garrus doesn't hit on my MaleShepard.
    Quoted for Truth

---------- Post added 2012-03-02 at 02:08 PM ----------

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! I want this NAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RevanSparda View Post
    Quoted for Truth

---------- Post added 2012-03-02 at 02:08 PM ----------

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! I want this NAO!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Launch trailer was freaking great! It's so gonna be a loooooooong weekend waiting for this game!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by varren View Post
    Those two are obviously already in a Bromance. They sit on Shep's sofa in their boxer shorts playing console games between campaigns of saving the galaxy, and when a dispute breaks out they wrestle for a bit before hugging and saying how much they love each other.

It's like the two guys in Gears of War.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

On the point of male-dominated industry: boob armor, ass-crimping armor on women, fan-service; all present.

Quote Originally Posted by Raphtheone View Post
    Speaking of the Bioware romance options over the years, why haven't they used Leliana's (DA:O) VA again? That must be the sweetest voice I've heard in any game I've ever played.
    She does a few scenes in DA2. Also, I swear I've heard her do some voice work in SWTOR.

Oh, oh my. *stutters while trying to find the right words* *starts foaming at the mouth*

Okay, I've composed myself. I want this fucking game, right fucking now.