Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Sigh. My morbid curiosity gets me again. I have a strong stomach, but I hate animal cruelty, and torture of any kind. Personally I think humans are inherently evil, with only our own laws keeping us in check at all.
    This.

If I'd seen these people doing this I would have killed them, what the hell did that dog do to them?

The major point is that these people did not do this to survive, they did this because they thought it was "fun", their smiles confirm it. It is one thing to kill an animal to eat it and I have no problem with that, it's how the nature works. But killing/torturing animals for fun and then leaving their dead carcass is out of the question, that is not fair nor how the nature works.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamerlane2 View Post
    Most animals are selfish and cruel when it suits them, y'know.
    When male lions take over a pride, they kill cubs not belonging to them.
    Chimpanzees go out in gangs to try and pick off and kill stray members from other groups.
    Dolphin males will sometimes seek out and gangrape females.

Similarly, animals don't have any sense of ecological conservation. If their numbers are not checked by disease or other predators, they will consume all available foodstuffs.

We're actually not that bad, considering the raw power at our disposal. In the latter half of the last century we've started to realize how much harm we can cause in the long run, and there's much greater respect for human rights in many parts of the world. We save the lives of millions who would otherwise have died if left to nature, our quality of life is far superior, we're just generally awesome.

If you don't approve, there's plenty of unclaimed wilderness left in the world, you can go live there in peace and enjoy the loving embrace of nature while living off the land.
    Exactly what this person says, People here get so crazy about a couple idiots skinning a dog, claiming that the dog should be treated as humans want to be treated, yet most if not all of them also eat meat, which is treated just as bad, if not worse, even eggs for example, not many people check where they come from and buy the cheapest ones that will be from battery hens, which have a life totaly full of cruelty

Dont try to act like your above these things when you pay for it to continue in the food you eat
    Personaly im a meat eater, but i dont pretend to stand on higher ground that i actualy do

---------- Post added 2012-03-03 at 01:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kensura View Post
    This.

If I'd seen these people doing this I would have killed them, what the hell did that dog do to them?

The major point is that these people did not do this to survive, they did this because they thought it was "fun", their smiles confirm it. It is one thing to kill an animal to eat it and I have no problem with that, it's how the nature works. But killing/torturing animals for fun and then leaving their dead carcass is out of the question, that is not fair nor how the nature works.
    Yes, it is how nature works, youv clearly never had cats lol, they catch animals all the time, take their time while doing it, slowly killing it, then just leave it to rot! some eat it, others just leave it where they finaly kill it

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I think humans are inherently evil, with only our own laws keeping us in check at all
    why would evil beings want to create non-evil laws for themselves, let alone want to follow them?

doesn't the whole idea of "being evil" rely on the fact that you WANT to do evil things?

/irony

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evil

evil is commonly associated with conscious and deliberate wrongdoing, discrimination designed to harm others, humiliation of people designed to diminish their psychological well-being and dignity, destructiveness, motives of causing "unnecessary" pain or suffering and acts of unnecessary or indiscriminate violence.
    Last edited by crica; 2012-03-03 at 01:47 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    ---------- Post added 2012-03-03 at 01:35 PM ----------

Yes, it is how nature works, youv clearly never had cats lol, they catch animals all the time, take their time while doing it, slowly killing it, then just leave it to rot! some eat it, others just leave it where they finaly kill it
    I have three cats. Yes, they do that, also they usually bring their catch back to you, as a reward for treating them so well, i.e. they think you will eat it. It's meant to be that you kill to survive, eating what you killed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kensura View Post
    I have three cats. Yes, they do that, also they usually bring their catch back to you, as a reward for treating them so well, i.e. they think you will eat it. It's meant to be that you kill to survive, eating what you killed.
    Oh yeh i know, i have 2 cats, and recently adopted a local homeless cat (built it a shelter and feed it now) and since then we get loads of mice left for us by him But my Cat Galactus loves hunting, but he just plays with his catch and then walks off once hes killed it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crica View Post
    deserve?
    who gets to decide if anything "deserves" to live? the fittest
    why do they get to decide? because the rest are not the fittest and can't do anything about it =P
    survival of the fittest is all life is
    thinking life is anything else is deluding yourself =P
    Normally I would agree,
    However we as a species are not allowing the "not fittest" to die off with the use of forign aid.
    I know its a unpleasent thought, but if it truly was survival of the fittest, all these countries that we send billions of pounds worth of aid to would either get their act together and start fending for themselfs, or they would perish.

we as a species are the only ones that do this, you dont see a lioness killing a antelope and giving it to another pride of lions which are starving

as for the op, there is no context behind the image. For all we know it could be entierly faked, it could be a couple of homeless people who due to circumstances beyond their controll have no other option but to kill and eat what looks like a dog. from the image it looks like they are chineese and eating dog meat has been a part of that culture for 1000's of years. we are not the ones to judge.

Do we as a speices deserve to continue ? in many respects no. we have long since evolved to the point where we can communicate with every living person on the planet, yet we still have to wage war on each other over simple things like "which god is better". To think that in an age where we can see into the depths of space and down to the sub atomic that people still hold onto a notion that there is some all seeing, all knowing devine entitity that created the universe is quite frankly absurbed. However that is a discussion for another forum as it is a forbidden subject on these boards. If however the act in that image was just done for giggles, then these people need to be punished according to the laws of thier land.

We have also created many many wonderous things in our brief period on the planet. Look at the amount of litrature, art, and science we have managed to achieve in just a couple of thousand years. I have no doubt that we as a speices will contiue to evolve and prove that we are worthy of existance, so yes in another respect we do deserve to continue and exist.

Now as to the question what is wrong with humanity? there are many many answers to this, and a lot of which can be found just by looking at a news site on world events. however the same question, only phrased in a slight different way can give much more positive look on things. "What is right with humanity ?"

But my Cat Galactus
    You named your cat Galactus.

Fantastic.

Deleted
    The mankind sucks cause it's not entirely American.

Quote Originally Posted by A Challenger! View Post

Fantastic.
    Animal cruelty.
    Last edited by mmoce34c5c495d; 2012-03-03 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    if it truly was survival of the fittest, all these countries that we send billions of pounds worth of aid to would either get their act together and start fending for themselfs, or they would perish.
    the fittest ARE in charge (once they REALIZE they are in charge they can use force instead of just being in charge passively, such as my second example)

example #1 ~ if the fittest help the non-fittest, then the non-fittest have the option to survive with help from the fittest (the non-fittest also have the option to try to survive by themselves if they are fit enough)

example #2 ~ if the fittest do not help the non-fittest, then the non-fittest get to survive ONLY if they are fit enough to survive by themselves (this is the non-fittest's only option)

example #3 ~ if the fittest decide to wipe out the non-fittest, then the non-fittest do not get to survive unless they become the fittest and fight back (this is the non-fittest's only option)

again, all this can ONLY happen IF the fittest which ARE in charge allow it to happen...
    Last edited by crica; 2012-03-03 at 02:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I should stop clicking links before reading the topic ...i was eating a bacon and egg sandwhich.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Very little humanity exists. I always keep wishing for a apocalypse/catastrophe/cataclysm or nuclear war or something like that. Even though the 2012 event is nothing but some stupid myth, I sure do hope it happens. Hope humans never make it to other planets. We have destroyed one planet. No need to destroy others.

"King Varian, you wish to make war on my people!? You shall have your war, human. You will see the fury of the Horde rage through your cities. You will see your throne split in two! This I swear!" -Thrall, patch 4.2.0

Deleted
    I would like to pounch these 2 motherfuckers so there teeths hit there toes.

Quote Originally Posted by neoscorpio View Post
    Very little humanity exists. I always keep wishing for a apocalypse/catastrophe/cataclysm or nuclear war or something like that. Even though the 2012 event is nothing but some stupid myth, I sure do hope it happens. Hope humans never make it to other planets. We have destroyed one planet. No need to destroy others.
    everything itself is a cycle of creation and destruction - humans are just a microscopic part of it

and honestly, its not really destruction - it is just matter conversion, nothing is truly removed from existence - humans have the capability to add to it based on their own perceptions because we are self-aware and happen to have a body that is a useful tool to do so...
    Last edited by crica; 2012-03-03 at 02:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Challenger! View Post

Fantastic.
    I have Galactus, and Shallah-Bal (Shallah for short)

+1 internetz! If I ever get a cat myself, I'm going to name them after one of my favourite comic book characters aswell:P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by neoscorpio View Post
    Eh? Even if by destroy you meant "make it uninhabitable by life such as ours" we're a long way off doing anything of the sort.
    Honestly, go out and meet some people. Most of them are really quite nice

Lol nice lack of reading skill =) i didnt say there is nothing bad, i said not "that" bad,he said about "EXTREME VIOLENCE" and my point was there wasnt any violence, which there wasnt, i never said if its not voilent then it doesnt matter did ? please read, also you seem angry? are you a dog?was that your relative? No, so seriously bad argument there lil one, try not to be so angry lol, noone said it was a fine thing to do, noone said it was good, so take your rage elsewhere, this is a forum for discussing=)
    not that bad in that situation doesnt apply, because guess what, it is bad, it is violence and cruelty. And you are jsut proving your ignorance by saying "was that your relative?". So nobody should care when bad things happen as long as they dont affect you directly? thats your point of view? cause if so then you are damaged...

EDIT, So your a vegatarian then? I bet your not, so get off your high horse, you know what happens to a cow? they Bolt it in the head, bleed it and then skin it -after death- as you say thats so horrifc, but i bet anything youv eaten burgers before..yeh..exactly
    yeah and all those animals that are being killed in about 0.1 sec are also being killed for amusement and then are being hanged as a decoration in the city... seriously... get your iq higher before you want to talk in topics that require people to be mature...

you are basically immature and ignorant and you prove that in your posts. Im not even gonna bother wasting any more time on you so dont even bother replying as you wont get any answer from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexiefy View Post
    guess what, it is bad
    yes, you hold the opinion that it is bad, but the poster you are quoting holds the opinion that it is not bad.

so, who gets to be the final authority here, hmm? you? why do you think you are the final authority on what is or is not bad?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexiefy View Post
    not that bad in that situation doesnt apply, because guess what, it is bad, it is violence and cruelty. And you are jsut proving your ignorance by saying "was that your relative?". So nobody should care when bad things happen as long as they dont affect you directly? thats your point of view? cause if so then you are damaged...

yeah and all those animals that are being killed in about 0.1 sec are also being killed for amusement and then are being hanged as a decoration in the city... seriously... get your iq higher before you want to talk in topics that require people to be mature...

you are basically immature and ignorant and you prove that in your posts. Im not even gonna bother wasting any more time on you so dont even bother replying as you wont get any answer from me.
    Wow, you have some issues, Bless you=) Those animals that die on 0.1 seconds, like the Hens that live in horrific situations for cheap eggs..yeh exactly, dont try to preach because you look silly And unlike you, i dont try to pretent to care about every single thing that happens in the world thats not good, because you dont either, if you cared youd do something about it right? Yeh, exactly, now please, stop trying to act like your better than others when you are not, it doesnt look good on you=)

Lol plus, again, learn to use your EYES, they are for reading, i NEVER said it wasnt bad! xD Geez your a funny one, trying to take things out of context, then using the "not wasting time" rubbish is brilliant, as everyone knows it translates to "must make stuff up and then run away" Thanks!=)

We are still learning.

Humans do not automatically know to do the right thing in the right circumstances, nor do we operate as a hive mind to prevent individuals from choosing to do the wrong thing. In order to get a good picture, you need to take humanity as a whole, rather then focusing on the worst of us, and on a scale of centuries, rather then focusing on specific events.

Here's what we do know. When you broaden the scope enough, you find that we are actually living in the most peaceful period in human history. The reason it doesn't seem like that is because the availability of information has increased millions of times greater then what it has been in the past. It used to be a partial genocide was just how wars were fought, and when a victorious leader decided to not brutally massacre their enemies, it was an unheard of act of mercy. Nowadays genocide is rare, and most conflicts are begun and ended without one taking place. That's not to say it doesn't happen, but the frequency of genocides has dropped significantly over the past century in another few hundred years they will be completely unheard of.

As for the whole animal cruelty thing, I don't think it's fair to judge humanity as a whole by the actions of a few. We as a society reject deliberate animal cruelty, so why should we be condemned because a person uses their own free will to make the wrong choice. Because if you condem humanity for this, you are actually condemning free will.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.