Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    "Death as well is still not fully understood, but it is viewed as something to be embraced and wholly understood - this creates an acceptance and fascination of death which the other races can find disturbing." Taken from GW2 wiki on the Sylvari page. This is probably why some sylvari become necros. As for me, I hate the idea of asura warriors. Tiny and feeble creatures shouldn't be able to ground pound the earth.
    I view it as sylvari recycling.

>.>
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Charr Guardian. The spiritualism side seems weird for them.
    Guardians don't really follow a philosophy or religion, they just believe in proactive defense, which is ambiguous enough for interpretation by other races. Charr probably just adopt a more brutal and ruthless form of it than others.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I view it as sylvari recycling.

>.>
    Hahaha, that fits so well it's scary and sad xD
    - Guild Wars 2 Characters -
    Senari of the Woad | Riven Lightsbane | Cain the Mystic

Guardians don't really follow a philosophy or religion, they just believe in proactive defense, which is ambiguous enough for interpretation by other races. Charr probably just adopt a more brutal and ruthless form of it than others.
    I think of it as the whole Tauren paladin thing. In lore, they're different. But in game they're the same for balance reasons. Or Night elf priests, troll priests, human priests, ect.

Probably not quite as extreme, but I think it's a good comparison.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Every single Sylvari is bisexual?

Interesting.

I'm surprised they even "love", since they don't... you know, reproduce.
    They reproduce via spores. But for some reason they have the organs for sex, probably for recreational purposes. And so people can make hentai of them.

They reproduce via spores. But for some reason they have the organs for sex, probably for recreational purposes.
    They don't reproduce at all. They're grown from the Pale Tree.

I know that everyone is pretty much saying Asura/Char engineer and such, but what about Human Mesmer? I really can't see any other race as being one

They reproduce via spores. But for some reason they have the organs for sex, probably for recreational purposes. And so people can make hentai of them.
    They don't reproduce at all. They are humanoids born from the collection of knowledge from the pale tree. Which is why they have organs for sex... well plant organ things...

You know those roses you got your girlfriend?

They are watching you....!

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allanon the Mystic View Post
    I know that everyone is pretty much saying Asura/Char engineer and such, but what about Human Mesmer? I really can't see any other race as being one
    Oh yeah? Why is that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    They don't reproduce at all. They are humanoids born from the collection of knowledge from the pale tree. Which is why they have organs for sex... well plant organ things...
    Oh, thought I read somewhere they do the whole spore thing, nvm.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned how odd a Norn Thief would be. 10 foot tall dudes sneaking and lurking in the shadows. That's not to say i might not roll one, muahahhaa.

Oh, thought I read somewhere they do the whole spore thing, nvm.
    Orks reproduce via spores.

But that's a different universe.

---------- Post added 2012-03-04 at 09:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wikram View Post
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned how odd a Norn Thief would be. 10 foot tall dudes sneaking and lurking in the shadows. That's not to say i might not roll one, muahahhaa.
    For some reason I think a Charr thief would make a lot of sense. =P Even though they're hulking cat things.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think of it as the whole Tauren paladin thing. In lore, they're different. But in game they're the same for balance reasons. Or Night elf priests, troll priests, human priests, ect.

Probably not quite as extreme, but I think it's a good comparison.
    Well, in WoW lore it's hinted that Elune, the naaru, the holy light, and the right eye of the earth mother are all the same thing, just interpreted differently. So they could all just be worshiping the same deity, but due to cultural difference they refuse believe that.

---------- Post added 2012-03-05 at 02:29 AM ----------

Orks reproduce via spores.

But that's a different universe.

---------- Post added 2012-03-04 at 09:27 PM ----------

For some reason I think a Charr thief would make a lot of sense. =P Even though they're hulking cat things.
    I don't think they're THAT muscular, it's probably their fur. I think a feline race would make a perfect thief.

Yeah you're right. I guess since they're feline-like creatures they fit well with the whole Thief theme. I'm so undecided what race to roll my Thief >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    Sylvari Elementalist in Fire Attunement .
    Swamp fire

Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    Oh yeah? Why is that?
    Just the image of a mesmer it to lie and deceit and be manipulative.
    The Asura area all about technology and magic with some secrecy behind their ways, Engineer Elementalist Necro Thieves
    Char are the brutal industrialists, Engineer Warrior Thieves maybe ranger
    Norm are northern shamanistic people of the wild, Warrior Guardian Elementalist Thieves Ranger
    The Sylvari being of nature, Elementalist Ranger Necromancer Thieves (cause they remind me of wood/forest elves and elves have nimble feet) though I can see them as mesmers, still doesn't fit them as much as humans though.
    Humans being humans, egocentric and arrogant and wanting power and greed, Warrior Guardian Elementalist Thieves Mesmer Ranger

Funny that you mention a Sylvari Necromancer, that's one of the race/profession combo that I'll be playing.

what makes the most sense? a Charr Shaman.

But really, probably a human guardian and norn warriors

Charr Shaman.
    What is this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    Sylvari Elementalist in Fire Attunement .
    You could say the same thing for any race. How come their clothes don't catch on fire? From the wise words of Mr. Bean: "Magic, snort snort".

Yea but the flavor of Guardians lends an impression of spiritualism.

In truth no profession is odd per race. The races are composed of individuals as diverse as humanity. But there is not much of a thread if we go down that path.