Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Why is everyone addicted to minecraft?

Terrible graphics and not much to do kind of killed it for me

I'm not. Then again I've barely played it.

I pity you for disliking a game based on its graphics though.

Why is everything someone enjoys labelled an addiction? is a better question.

There are lots of people who like to build their own kingdoms. They like to create. It's a sandbox game. I see no problem.
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not everyone is a graphicswhore. Did you play survival mode or just construction?
    Last edited by Vayshan; 2012-03-07 at 02:30 AM.

Something about creating whatever I want.. I imagine something and can make it. Pretty awesome.

Survival isn't really too fun to me unless it's with other players.

It's like lego, zombie survival game, with friends online - All in one!

.. Haven't we had this exact thread before?

I'd still play if I could make shapes that weren't all blocks.

Graphics =/= gameplay first off. But I wouldn't say I get addicted I get hooked for a week or two then stop playing for months come back rinse and repeat. The game is fun a lot of fun. The adventuring and exploring is what gets me hooked.

There's actually quite a bit to do in Minecraft. In fact, that's the reason why everyone is addicted to it.

Minecraft had me sucked into it for a good month primarily because of the amount of creativity you could put into it. The world was yours to create and*manipulate.

Deleted
    i have no idea, i played minecraft for about 2 hours never got into it.

creating stuff is always fun, but I love the fan created custom maps. The really good ones stretch what I thought was possible with the game with redstone. I've gotten more content out of 20 bucks I spent on minecraft than an entire world of warcraft expansion.*
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

... Not much to do? NOT MUCH TO DO ?!?

Dude, in that game, you are limited only by your imagination. You can do nearly anything. Do you have that little imagination ?

Im not addicted to that game,its shit as hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Minecraft had better graphics and so on...I wouldn't play it...the graphics and such they have now are perfect for it. And not much to do? You must hate Lego's then and if you hate Lego's well then...your childhood wasn't great

Quote Originally Posted by filthyguy View Post

I haven't bought it yet and as such haven't played it a lot but... graphics? Who care? Not much to do? Use your imagination a bit, there's a lot to do and create in game if you bother to try.

Quote Originally Posted by filthyguy View Post

While the graphics are blocky, if you don't like the pixels, I suggest downloading an HD texture pack like I did. The game is now gorgeous.

But it's so addicting because you can do anything you want. It's an open ended sandbox game designed for people that are able to express their creativity.

People built working computers, inside the game. WORKING COMPUTERS. People build remakes of entire songs using the note blocks wired up with Redstone.

I suggest you check out any videos you can find, or even log into the server itself, but look for "A Server of Fire and Ice"...and look at how beautiful it is. It's amazing.

Minecraft feels more of a platform for games now. Lots of people make fun maps using the simple gameplay in MC, sorta like Gary's Mod.

Deleted
    First off, let's start with, there are already five types of threads that have the same pointless arguments.
    Some people like Minecraft, some people don't. It's fine either way by me.
    I personally enjoy the multiplayer adventuring and from time to time the construction section of it.
    And yes the graphics aren't to great, stop bitching about it. Becouse that's the way the game was desgined, and people love it.
    And even if the graphics are crap, you can download plenty of mods that make it better.
    Anyway, this is my opinion and please close this thread and just make ONE thread and keep it there.