15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonte912 View Post
    no, you don't.When you got to the citadel and Bailey comes to greet you, did you get the option on what way to greet him? nope, your shepard auto-dialogs "good to see you", when bailey says "it's commander now" do you get to choose how to respond? nope, it auto-dialogs too "congratulations?"

and I'm not in action mode, I can't change it from RPG cuz I imported a ME 2 character so it doesn't even show up in the options, and yes, the conversation option is set to all conversations.

I'll make a comparsion video of ME 1, 2 and 3 after work.

Tali is a Miranda look alike? :/ can't really see in the video
    There have always been some responses in conversations that are predetermined.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    I can understand a lot of the dislike for ME3.

95% of the game is good. *It is just that last 5% that is causing a lot of people to get upset.

Things like the endings, the reasoning behind the Reapers, the flat out lies told by Bioware about what was going to be in the game but turned out not to be..

We were told that as this was the last game in the series they were going to have a wide array of endings tailored to all*the*choices made in previous games.

In the end we get to press a button and there is only minor variations in the outcome.

We were told that all our questions would be answered.

There are plenty of questions left unanswered and the ending just leaves more of them.

Then there are the plot holes left by the reveal of what the Reapers are up to.

The following pretty much sums up the bad writing that is the Reapers; [url]http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af134/gnosblax/yodawgme.jpg[/url]

There is no happy ending (despite being told that you could get one, if you worked really hard for it.)

So yeah, a lot of people, especially those who have been long term fans are a little upset.
    Too bad you didnt actually listen to what the catalyst said:

The difference between the reapers and other synthetics is that the reapers let the less advanced races stay alive, so that other races can also grow. The Geth were an example of these other synthetics, they had overthrown their masters and were on a killing spree, they would have murdered every biological thing in the universe if they weren't stopped. The Reapers kill many to allow even more to live. Im completely saddened (from what Ive seen online, haven't played the game yet) that there is no option to let the reapers continue their cycle, as this would have been the true paragon choice. Now I just need to play the game to find out who created the reapers

Quote Originally Posted by Mithrildar View Post
    Too bad you didnt actually listen to what the catalyst said:

The difference between the reapers and other synthetics is that the reapers let the less advanced races stay alive, so that other races can also grow. The Geth were an example of these other synthetics, they had overthrown their masters and were on a killing spree, they would have murdered every biological thing in the universe if they weren't stopped. The Reapers kill many to allow even more to live. Im completely saddened (from what Ive seen online, haven't played the game yet) that there is no option to let the reapers continue their cycle, as this would have been the true paragon choice. Now I just need to play the game to find out who created the reapers

Did you actually play the game? In fact any of the games?
    The Geth had the opportunity to completely annihilate the quarians during the morning war, but they decided not to. Ever since they have remained in isolation. It wasn't until the old machines interfered that the geth actually attacked anyone. During the morning war they were just defending themselves.

Plot holes and lore foul ups. (The one I remember particularly was when joker states that "the stealth systems are engaged and we're dropping out of FTL now", in ME1 it was said that this was impossible and that jumping in and out of FLT makes the ship light up on sensors, I vaguely remember adams saying that jumping to FTL with the stealth systems engaged would destroy the ship. Maybe the SR2 fixed that problem) really detracts from the game as a whole. I mean if you ignore them or don't care so much for the consistency then the gameplay is fine, the voice acting is typical bioware hit and miss. The writing is horrible for some parts and really well done for others (The characters.)

There are moments of playing when the writing and voice acting both hit a sweet spot, but that is maybe 10% of the conversations. The rest lack in one of the areas.
    Unfortunately, the DX:HR ending really killed it for me. In fact I'd have been happier if after TIM died and Anderson and Shepard sat down and talked, that Hackett had never called and the game had ended with the reapers falling over dead.

tali's face was stolen and so is everything else.*

*snip*

Don't embed spoiler images, some people enjoy being surprised. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-03-07 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magzilla View Post
    tali's face was stolen and so is everything else.*
    *snip*

Don't embed spoiler images, some people enjoy being surprised. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-03-07 at 04:36 PM.

Yay. 4 chan kids having a field day. I guess BW doesn't have to many more releases this year so it'll die down soon enough. Maybe best to ignore these forums as well for a little bit? Yea I think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    There have always been some responses in conversations that are predetermined.
    some, yes, but in ME 3 MOST of them are

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonte912 View Post
    some, yes, but in ME 3 MOST of them are
    Most of my conversations have been my choice. Dont know what you're doing wrong. But truthfully I think you're just being nitpicky.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reganom View Post
    So you're ok with steam because other companies use it and that's what sets it apart from origin? To me that just seems a bit of an odd justification. I really don't see a big difference between the two seeing as they are each required for certain games. No more money grabbing than what steam does with HL2 etc.

As to the "unfinished game" so far they've brought two games that I love and feel are far from incomplete, so I'm going to put my faith in bioware after they've stated this DLC isn't a huge aspect of the story. Considering we really don't know much at all about "From Ashes" surely you should wait before you jump on the hate train over it? I suspect there is a reason that they're not spilling the beans on why the DLC isn't that big a deal, and for me I've got a sneaking suspicion that it is because it's not the only Prothean and is just the squad mate Prothean.

Now I'm more than willing to accept that I may be wrong, seeing as I'm making some assumptions. But to me they're fair assumptions seeing as they've brought me two games that take pride of place on my shelf, games that have given me hours of enjoyment with excellent replayability. So I'm taking what I see as a small leap of faith. If it turns out I'm wrong so be it, but isn't it a bit early to jump down their throats?
    Well the Steam thing is the main issue I'm boycotting EA games now. Steam is my preferred service now. Lime i said it may not make sense to others, but in my mind it does. To be 100% honest, if EA did put it on Steam i would buy it that day. The money grubbing would still bother me but it would be tolerable. Just like everyone has preferred stores or restaurants they only go to, Steam is my preferred online video game service.
    Last edited by Harry Botter; 2012-03-07 at 08:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Most of my conversations have been my choice. Dont know what you're doing wrong. But truthfully I think you're just being nitpicky.
    that's probably why there's a 90+ page thread about it.

making video where "Auto-dialoged" shows up where you'd have choices in the 2 previous games but not in ME 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x354h...ature=youtu.be

but as I said, the game is good but you aren't shepard, you're pretty much just watching a story about shepard
    Last edited by jonte912; 2012-03-07 at 10:25 AM.

Deleted
    People*complaining*about paid DLC and micro*transactions*- But*isn't*it thier fault, there only giving us what we have been doing with WoW and other MMO in the last 10+ years, if we are willing to pay $10 a month to play a game then we are willing to pay*anything*now -*

Games are not a*necessity we*don't*need them, they're just glorified toys, game Designers/Companies*are just*exploiting*our greed and*competitiveness*on getting better stuff, I would do the same in*their*shoes -*

We made this Rod for our own backs*

An MMO is quite a bit different then what people expect to be a single player RPG. I find the game fun, but honestly there is literally no chance of pme paying anything extra for it now, regardless of how important it may be to the story. Guess I will just look up the rest on youtube.

Sorry EA, I bought TOR and payed for a beta for two months, I bought this and got 75% of a game, having to pay more to complete. I will never buy another EA product again, unless things change drastically. RIP (To me)

Goodbye Mass Effect 3 thread. Too bad it got full of retards and trolls.
    3DS Friend Code: 2165 - 5428 - 1895

Quote Originally Posted by undead9 View Post
    Goodbye Mass Effect 3 thread. Too bad it got full of retards and trolls.
    This.
    I'm also very surprised about the "winter space" pics. Wow. Is BioWare retarded or they think we are? Lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    An MMO is quite a bit different then what people expect to be a single player RPG. I find the game fun, but honestly there is literally no chance of pme paying anything extra for it now, regardless of how important it may be to the story. Guess I will just look up the rest on youtube.

Sorry EA, I bought TOR and payed for a beta for two months, I bought this and got 75% of a game, having to pay more to complete. I will never buy another EA product again, unless things change drastically. RIP (To me)
    A bonus character is 25% of the game. Yes.

All he does is provide background information about the protheans, nothing important to the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    A bonus character is 25% of the game. Yes. All he does is provide background information about the protheans, nothing important to the story.
    I wouldn't say 25% the mission takes about 15 minutes. There is however alot of lore that you will miss out on not getting the dlc, your right though nothing really imporant to the story just intresting.

10+ Year Old Account
    order dispatched...only 2-3 days to go :S

Quote Originally Posted by Sqeez View Post
    Plot holes and lore foul ups. (The one I remember particularly was when joker states that "the stealth systems are engaged and we're dropping out of FTL now", in ME1 it was said that this was impossible and that jumping in and out of FLT makes the ship light up on sensors, I vaguely remember adams saying that jumping to FTL with the stealth systems engaged would destroy the ship. Maybe the SR2 fixed that problem)
    This actually is explained to be possible with the SR2. I think it was in the first convo you have with Adams in ME3? Or maybe just the codex.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

Deleted
    Can I be bothered going to the midnight release, or will I just get it Friday afternoon...

choices, choices.

As far as the DLC is concerned...they could have made it be the Super Duper Deluxe Downloadable Edition that was +$10 and included the Prometheans...

Except this way you can can CHOOSE if you want it or not without having to pretend like buying a "Limited" edition download copy of the game makes any sense when all they have to do is turn off the download to make it "limited"

To be honest get rid of the Collector's editions and the Deluxe editions and just make a list of options you can buy on start. That's all it is anyways and I've yet to see any "Collector's Box" mean dick after the fact unless it was sealed with a working code inside. Game development is expensive and to be honest if they can milk a little extra money from the people who want it all to subsidize a better game then more power to them. Not to mention it allows me to throw them an extra dollar for a game that kicks so much ass.

Haters are gonna hate
    Last edited by Jaerin; 2012-03-07 at 03:54 PM.