Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Triple Monitor support?

Just curious if GW2 will support triple setups. And also 16:10 ratios?

Thanks

Deleted
    It's supported for sure (seen it on a gaming convent video), about the 16:10 ratios I don't know.
    I've heard that they even support triple monitor in 3D :O

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roflatorlunde View Post
    It's supported for sure (seen it on a gaming convent video), about the 16:10 ratios I don't know.
    I've heard that they even support triple monitor in 3D :O
    all they need now is neural input and we're g2g
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ya just found a few videos.. Thanks

Deleted
    I can't see any reason not to support one of the most common resolution aspect ratios.

I have a question related to this topic. In order to have a triple monitor setup, exactly what do I need to do ? I have the top class PC as recommended on MMo-Champion as Unicorn ( I purchased it as per what was suggested on here ). Does triple monitor happen with Video Cards and if yes, how ? i7-2600k 3.4ghz with nvidia geforce GT 430 card. Currently I play the game on a Samsung 40 inch LCD tv.

Thanks for your advice in advance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxdps View Post
    I have a question related to this topic. In order to have a triple monitor setup, exactly what do I need to do ? I have the top class PC as recommended on MMo-Champion as Unicorn ( I purchased it as per what was suggested on here ). Does triple monitor happen with Video Cards and if yes, how ? i7-2600k 3.4ghz with nvidia geforce GT 430 card. Currently I play the game on a Samsung 40 inch LCD tv.

Thanks for your advice in advance.
    GT 430 ain't a strong graphic card if I'm correct? It's pretty bad if I'm not completely wrong. Are you using a laptop, I bet you're with that Graphic Card?
    GT 430 won't make a 3 screen on high settings, maybe if you're lucky on lowest or so.

I will virtually guarantee that GW2 will support 16:10 ratios

Quote Originally Posted by roflatorlunde View Post
    GT 430 ain't a strong graphic card if I'm correct? It's pretty bad if I'm not completely wrong. Are you using a laptop, I bet you're with that Graphic Card?
    GT 430 won't make a 3 screen on high settings, maybe if you're lucky on lowest or so.
    I understand my current graphics card may not match up but thats why I wanted to know which one I would need to get and how to go about doing a 3 screen setup. of course I know I need 3 monitors, but which video card is recommended and what else do I need is my question.

I understand my current graphics card may not match up but thats why I wanted to know which one I would need to get and how to go about doing a 3 screen setup. of course I know I need 3 monitors, but which video card is recommended and what else do I need is my question.
    ask in computer section of this forum, they will direct you to the corresponding radeon models that run in SLI. no single GPU can run threpple monitors. Also radeons perform much better on tripple monitors than their nvidia analogues (and it's sad that im nvidia fan). But what I do suggest - you wait till GW2 release, around that time new gen Nvidia GPU will be already selling.

Deleted
    Here's two links where you can get started on reading what you need:

AMD EyeFinity (Radeon)
    Nvidia 3D Surround Technology (GeForce)

Depends on your brand preference and price ceiling, really. The mainstream solution is a Radeon HD 5X, 6X, or 7X series that supports Eyefinity (multiple monitors in 3D), such as the Radeon HD 6950. Nvidia has their solutions as well with '2D' Surround supported via SLI (2 or more video cards) with recent GPUs. There are a few single-card solutions like the MDT X4 GeForce GTX 570, yet it's a bit uncommon, having only one card manufacturer making such a thing. Driver support can be hit-or-miss at times for titles that may not immediately take to kindly to being played in such a large resolution. Not to mention whether the UI elements play nice or not.

Nevertheless, GW2 looks to support multi-monitor gaming from the jump, and there's always the Widescreen Gaming Forum for almost anything you'd want to know about the subject.

Deleted
    I'd recommend you to wait till the springs, Nvidia is supposed to release their new series by then! Should be cheaper for better equipment. Also I think AMD has released their new series? 79xx/77xx?

Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    all they need now is neural input and we're g2g
    This will be tested during the next beta weekend

10+ Year Old Account
    For 3 screen, AMD has been king, because you can do 3 screen on a single AMD card.
    With Nvidia you have to run dual cards to do 3 screen. Although the new Nvidia cards should be unveiled on the 12th of March, and there is a good chance it will do 3 screen with 1 card.

At the moment we're right in the middle of a next gen graphic card release, so the best plan is to probably delay buying until closer to GW2's launch to see what cards are released.

i run 3 monitors on my radeon 6950, works great, but i don't use the eyefinity support as my monitors aren't all the same size :|

note: at least one of the three monitors has to connect using displayport, either natively or with an ACTIVE adapter for displayport -> hdmi/dvi

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Although the new Nvidia cards should be unveiled on the 12th of March
    Jigs. My monster PC comes a step closer
    Don't suppose you have any inside info on Ivybridge release? I heard some time in Apr...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Jigs. My monster PC comes a step closer
    Don't suppose you have any inside info on Ivybridge release? I heard some time in Apr...
    Ivy has been slightly delayed.
    It was going to be first week of April, now it's likely going to be last week of April or first week of May.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Ivy has been slightly delayed.
    It was going to be first week of April, now it's likely going to be last week of April or first week of May.
    Dang...was hoping they'd be released somewhat synchronously.
    Might actually make my head explode if the GW2 release is earlier than Ivybridge o.0

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Might actually make my head explode if the GW2 release is earlier than Ivybridge o.0
    Yeah my fingers are definitely crossed that Ivy beats GW2 to market.