10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    I don't mind the ending at all, I don't see what other people's problems are.
    I think their problem is that it's not an ending. It tells you nothing and it ends nothing.

You walk away knowing less about the ME universe than you would if you never played the games.
    Not the way you should end a trilogy.

Some people think the unknown is philosophical, inspiring, and artistic, while others think it's cheap, cliche, and annoying.
    Who is wrong or right probably isn't the question. The real question is that how you want to end a game like Mass Effect with so many imported choices and characters, and customers who want to actually know how that universe ends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Some people think the unknown is philosophical, inspiring, and artistic, while others think it's cheap, cliche, and annoying.
    Who is wrong or right probably isn't the question. The real question is that how you want to end a game like Mass Effect with so many imported choices and characters, and customers who want to actually know how that universe ends.
    It doesn't end though, life goes on, Earth is saved, the reapers are stopped and if you brought enough people along (and achieved full readiness) everyone was pretty much saved, sure the mass relays are destroyed, but they have a means to rebuild. The ultimate goal was to save organic life in the galaxy above all else, mission accomplished. Besides, the first three Mass Effects were Shepard's stories (kinda like master chief in halo), there's nothing saying that BW wont revisit the Mass Effect universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    It doesn't end though, life goes on, Earth is saved, the reapers are stopped and if you brought enough people along (and achieved full readiness) everyone was pretty much saved, sure the mass relays are destroyed, but they have a means to rebuild. The ultimate goal was to save organic life in the galaxy above all else, mission accomplished. Besides, the first three Mass Effects were Shepard's stories (kinda like master chief in halo), there's nothing saying that BW wont revisit the Mass Effect universe.
    Earth is saved, life goes on, but let's face it, the outcomes of Earth have the least amount of effect on people who played the game for 4 or 5 years. Especially when you consider that you never were there in the first two games.

Sure, you know more about the Reapers, but the universe in general is a big wash bucket of Cambell's Alphabet Soup. All other things are complete conjecture. People have been arguing back and forth about what happened to the characters in the universe or what happens to the ME universe in general, and that's really where the content interaction was. So it is completely understandable that people would walk away feeling unhappy that they know nothing about how it really ended, or feel cheated that it was a great rollercoaster with a less than satisfying end all for artistic reasoning.

you do get to know about the stuff in the ending after the credits.

a few hundred years later a old man tells a child a story about shepard who deafeted the reapers and made normandy(no one knows WHY normandy was in the relay "paths" when they blew up, they were also quite a few relays away from the Sol system, since many relays had allready blown up when the green/blue/red thing catches up to them) crashland on the planet they are standing on and they still haven't made any spaceships

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevvy88 View Post
    I just finished it and got the "best" ending. I.e.: the one that required the highest military strength. I don't see why everyone has such an issue with it. lol

To each their own I suppose.
    I enjoyed it to. I'm happy with the direction they went in it. It reminds me of the end of the more recent dune books. The entire game also has a star control 2 flavor to it as well. Strong note to end the series on.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if this has been already mentioned (it probably has) but for those like me who were getting sick/nauseous from the stupidly low FoV, here's the fix:
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2584112

I could play ME2 for 8+ hours without a hitch, but just 1 hour of ME3 is enough to make me start feeling dizzy. Well done Bioware. I suppose the low FoV was aimed at consoles so they didn't have to render too much of the screen without exploding. And also the 2-3 graphics settings we get to change, amazing stuff!
    Another cock-up thanks to the plague that is consoles, and another fix presented by the PC community. Now I'll just be waiting for the high-res texture pack that will be created by the (PC) modding community at some point
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-03-09 at 10:05 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    I'll skip complaining about the ending for a second and ramble about something else:

Does anyone else feel that the Biotic Charge + Nova combination as a Vanguard is, eh, a bit too good? :P

My Shepard = Only shotgun equipped, 1 teammate with extra squad power regen = No cooldown at all on biotic charge.
    Couple that with shield strength boosting armor and literally all I had to do was charge + nova = AOE instakill everything except the tougher mobs (geth primes, banshees etc), but since I had no real cooldown on charge I could just do it over and over again. Everything, no matter how tough a mob, was dead after max 3 novas, and you're invulnerable while charging so I pretty much couldn't die.

All the charging around makes you a bit dizzy but I went through many missions where I literally didn't fire a single shot. I did play on normal difficulty so idk, maybe it doesn't work as well on harder difficulties but still, I felt a bit OP.

EDIT: This is basically what I'm talking about, but I had an even faster recharge speed and did alot more dmg than this guy.
    My first playthrough was Infiltrator on Insanity. It was quite easy,wasn't even fun.

Then i tried vanguard on insanity. Some places are absolutely impossible. You die within 1.5 seconds after you charge in. If you nova after charge you die instantly.
    I had to give up the Insanity achievement after i gave up after 1.5 hours of wiping at one place.

10+ Year Old Account
    IMO hardcore in ME3 should've been the "normal" baseline difficulty. Hardcore in ME2 was mostly playable except for a couple of encounters which were...well, a massive pain to get through. I only tried the first couple of missions on Insanity in ME2 and didn't bother to continue because I was no longer having fun :P

But yeah, difficulty in ME3 has been watered down. Also, squadmates in ME3 seem to be drastically more resilient, but I feel that was kinda needed. I remember in ME2 I had to keep Miranda on an incredibly short leash because at the first sign of enemies she would run ahead out of cover (what are you going to do with that pistol honey?) and die in 0.5 seconds.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-03-09 at 11:24 AM.

Plot Holes Ahoy!

Anyone remember what they said happens when a Mass Relay is destroyed in ME1? The entire System is destroyed along with it. That menas that when you kill the Reapers and all Synthesis life, EDI, the Geth, etc. you also kill everyone on the Citadel and any system close to a Mass Relay which is just about everyone in the known universe. Congratulations you've done the Reapers job for them. Also didn't the Catalyst mention anyone like Shepard who had Synthesis based mechanics in them would die as well? How come "this" is the only ending in which Shepard "survives"?
    Last edited by Vlisa; 2012-03-09 at 11:41 AM.
    How did the proto-plankton solve the math problem?

"Algae"-braically of course!
    All proceeds/awards/hate-mail for avatar go to Michael Vega and his character Jam!

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    . And also the 2-3 graphics settings we get to change, amazing stuff!
    You know theirs a config utility right? with more options than just the on presented in the game? It would be nice if people looked for themselves instead of posting nonsense on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    You know theirs a config utility right? with more options than just the on presented in the game? It would be nice if people looked for themselves instead of posting nonsense on the internet.
    I'm aware of that, because if you looked a few posts above you would notice the FoV fix I posted. I'm just annoyed that Bioware are too scared to add the options in game as if they think we're mentally handicapped children who might break something due to being overwhelmed with too many options.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    I'm aware of that, because if you looked a few posts above you would notice the FoV fix I posted. I'm just annoyed that Bioware are too scared to add the options in game as if they think we're mentally handicapped children who might break something due to being overwhelmed with too many options.
    Interesting. They give you the best of both worlds but it's still not good enough.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/kx1lp.png

Hardly detailed, half the textures were better in ME1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post

Ya, I am more or less wondering why ME2 looked much better graphically than ME3 does.

In the context of what's offered in the in game menu it is. That's the discussion that was being had. You can make an argument that it's not a wide range of stuff for you to screw around with in general but I'm not making that case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlisa View Post
    Anyone remember what they said happens when a Mass Relay is destroyed in ME1? The entire System is destroyed along with it. That menas that when you kill the Reapers and all Synthesis life, EDI, the Geth, etc. you also kill everyone on the Citadel and any system close to a Mass Relay which is just about everyone in the known universe. Congratulations you've done the Reapers job for them. Also didn't the Catalyst mention anyone like Shepard who had Synthesis based mechanics in them would die as well? How come "this" is the only ending in which Shepard "survives"?
    In Arrival, you physically destroyed a Mass Relay, at the end, you just overload them and shut them down.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Ya, I am more or less wondering why ME2 looked much better graphically than ME3 does.
    I can partly understand why it looks worse than ME2 (ME2 had far fewer sceneries etc, there are more locations in ME3) but I saw some of the textures and wondered how they ever got in... especially backgrounds.

Direct comparison of Presidium celing.

ME1 (without forcing AA): http://i.imgur.com/biYW5.jpg
    ME3 max settings: http://i.imgur.com/oBy4w.jpg

The worst one is probably a smoke cloud about 10feet from the path in the commons once the citadel is attacked...
    It's 2D, gets visibly flatter as you move to the side and is just ugly http://i.imgur.com/tDpmb.jpg (yes those are the real colours on everything, no jpg issues)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonte912 View Post
    you do get to know about the stuff in the ending after the credits.

a few hundred years later a old man tells a child a story about shepard who deafeted the reapers and made normandy(no one knows WHY normandy was in the relay "paths" when they blew up, they were also quite a few relays away from the Sol system, since many relays had allready blown up when the green/blue/red thing catches up to them) crashland on the planet they are standing on and they still haven't made any spaceships
    When I say the ME universe, I really mean that and the characters in it as well because that is included in lore. Nobody really knows what happens with any of them once they finish ME3. A lot of people assume they die once getting stranded on the planet. Others assume they might find a way off. Not to mention the gap between, or why people magically teleport onto the normandy.

Some random grandpa telling the story just makes it worse and even more vague. Shepard could be some myth people talk about after civilization collapses if it collapses. A true, genuine epilogue would have been better much better than grandpa. Could have been done with a paragraph of text instead of a snow covered, space scene. Once again, you walk away knowing less about the outcome than you do before you bought it.

Willing to bet anything that they made the end they way the did so that it would be insanely easy for them to market other material, products, or dlc's that either give you the epilogue or have bonus material to find out the epilogue.

I can see why people are unhappy with the ending (Just finished it on Insanity) but I didn't mind it so much. Atleast it was a decently long game too, took just over 18 hours to finish for me.
    3DS Friend Code: 2165 - 5428 - 1895

10+ Year Old Account
    I can partly understand why it looks worse than ME2 (ME2 had far fewer sceneries etc, there are more locations in ME3) but I saw some of the textures and wondered how they ever got in... especially backgrounds.

Direct comparison of Presidium celing.

ME1 (without forcing AA): http://i.imgur.com/biYW5.jpg
    ME3 max settings: http://i.imgur.com/oBy4w.jpg
    Oh, god. Bring back Colossus armor please. K, thanks, bye.

The worst one is probably a smoke cloud about 10feet from the path in the commons once the citadel is attacked...
    It's 2D, gets visibly flatter as you move to the side and is just ugly http://i.imgur.com/tDpmb.jpg (yes those are the real colours on everything, no jpg issues)
    I never bash Bioware like many of the people on BSN do on a daily basis, but there are clear of signs of incompetence in certain departments or management from ME3. The import problems that people had is one of them, and the fact the Bioware pretends that know one knew about it. If that was true, you would have to claim that no one at their company plays the video games they make. What a sad direction the gaming industry has gone in if that was true.

I think they just rushed a deadline, cut corners to compensate in certain areas. Oh well, it could be Diablo 3 where we wait forever.