Page 9 of 948 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I.Hate.Dubbed.Dragonball.So.Much - why don't you guys watch it in the original language, with english subtitles, instead? :3

Quote Originally Posted by Chonaire View Post
    I.Hate.Dubbed.Dragonball.So.Much - why don't you guys watch it in the original language, with english subtitles, instead? :3
    Because the Voice-overs are absolutely terrible. I personally can't stand them, even if I don't understand what they are saying.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    what happent too the fat BOO in GT`? since in the last book off DBZ he was staying with satan =P
    he becomes part of Uub when he needs to fight Baby. He still has an active voice in Majuub's head though, he told the Uub part to let Hercule win his last tournament.

more forced Uub then told actually

10+ Year Old Account
    i guess the boing is just DB theme music

also

gt tried to hard to be like dragonball and eventually just didnt do to well at being like Z.

got to love multiverse and AF though, awesome fan comics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonaire View Post
    The Japanese language doesn't have any impact for me since I don't understand any of it.
    And I've switched between the English and Japanese music, and I definitely prefer the English music.

I find it much more dramatic and it actually builds tension. The Japanese music in the entire Namek saga is still *sploing sploing sploing* happy sounds. How can you get a sense of danger from Frieza when you have funny sounds in the background? You can't take that serious.

No, I prefer the English version in all aspects.
    Last edited by mmoceb1605b3cd; 2012-03-09 at 04:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    anyone else here hear of DBO (dragon ball online) and want to learn Japanese with me so we can play it?

I loved DB/DBZ when I was younger but looking back at it its very flawed and silly. I'll always have fond memories of it though.
    Last edited by Krolikn; 2012-03-09 at 05:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krolikn View Post
    I loved DB/DBZ when I was younger but looking back at it its very flawed and silly. I'll always have fond memories of it though.

<- -- this

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakeer View Post
    anyone else here hear of DBO (dragon ball online) and want to learn Japanese with me so we can play it?
    ive heard of it

it ignores gt

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    The Japanese language doesn't have any impact for me since I don't understand any of it.
    And I've switched between the English and Japanese music, and I definitely prefer the English music.

I find it much more dramatic and it actually builds tension. The Japanese music in the entire Namek saga is still *sploing sploing sploing* happy sounds. How can you get a sense of danger from Frieza when you have funny sounds in the background? You can't take that serious.

No, I prefer the English version in all aspects.
    ...and you don't have to listen to a female voice actor for Goku and his relatives. Christ, that hurts the ears.

Referring to the guy who was just now considering giving DBZ a shot, I would HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend that you start with DBZ and not Dragon Ball. Believe me when I say that you will get plenty of flashbacks throughout DBZ to get all the backstory you will ever need. Also, the story, action, characters, and music is much better imo. Be sure to watch the English version too.

10+ Year Old Account

i am aware that this is actually dragon ball heros, a game

there is actually supposed to be a new saga, dragon ball hoshi

it seems to not be fake and includes a ss3 trunks, and broly

10+ Year Old Account
    I love Dbz. How come there*hasn't*been a game in the dbz universe like oblivion or final*fantasy? I think that would be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    <le vid>

The videos/pictures with SS3 Trunks and Broly (and SS Bardock, etc etc etc) are ads for Dragon Ball Heroes. Hoshi appears to be fake so far.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    <snip>
    Not sure if serious... >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Trunks and Goten became Super Saiyans easily because Vegeta and Goku were transformed at the time of conception. If you search the internet long enough, you should find a picture showing this. Lets assume it is canon.
    Do you mean vegeta / Goku were super saiyan while ah.. intimate? I'm pretty sure chi chi / Bulma would not have survived lol. (when goku and gohan were staying SS all the time to prepare for cell they could not stop breaking everything)

Also why doesn't Pan ever go SS? and vegeta's daughter (cannot remember her name but she looks like Bulma) is just normal. In any of the flashbacks to the old saiyan world before they all died, were there any women? I can't remember seeing any..

Am I the only guy whos is rollin a blood elf monk to be transmoged like and names vegeta? its slighty off but I found the perfect set

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lymph View Post
    Do you mean vegeta / Goku were super saiyan while ah.. intimate? I'm pretty sure chi chi / Bulma would not have survived lol. (when goku and gohan were staying SS all the time to prepare for cell they could not stop breaking everything)

Also why doesn't Pan ever go SS? and vegeta's daughter (cannot remember her name but she looks like Bulma) is just normal. In any of the flashbacks to the old saiyan world before they all died, were there any women? I can't remember seeing any..
    There was one in the Bardock movie. My guess is Vegeta's daughter was too weak (she didn't train), and Pan probably wasn't high enough either, though there were a couple times that she could have done it. Too bad, could have made GT that much more interesting.

Future one armed Gohan > all. His Full power Kamehameha is bawss...

---------- Post added 2012-03-09 at 02:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post

What this actually is, is the trailer for the DBZ MMO thats going through testing in Korea atm. But there is a DBZ series planned for this coming year, because of the fans outspoken opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I love Dbz. How come there*hasn't*been a game in the dbz universe like oblivion or final*fantasy? I think that would be amazing.
    I just wish they would make a good DBZ fighting game! The ones back in the PS2 days were great, but the ones on the 360 have all been pretty shitty. Is it really that hard to just remake what everyone loved with 360 graphics?

10+ Year Old Account
    yes i keep hearing that there will be a series coming out, no one is sure of what

i kinda hope its episode of bardock as a series.

Just got done watching the Bardock episode... I must say I got chills. If they come out with a DB/DBZ MMO and it comes to NA, I know I'll be playing it!