Page 2 of 222 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    So buddist + a liking for choppin = racist? WHO KNEW?
    My thoughts exactly.

I see no evidence of actual racism beyond the story's inflammatory wording and the knee-jerk conclusions one could easily draw... there's more to this than that.

racism and even more racist police alive and well in america.

he should be jailed regardless of anything, no excuse for murder, if that was my child and the police do nothing i'd shoot him shoot his family while he watches and go, hey bro self defense i saw you buying that fucking ice tea!

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    I'm curious where the racism came across in his facebook page?
    That puzzled me as well. From his facebook page:
    - he likes a lot of popular bands, and prefers heavier sounds which can be seen by his like of various Metal bands, and some heavier electronic stuff
    - he reads self-improvement books and is curious about Zen and Buddhism
    - he likes Yoga, balance workouts and meditation
    - his choice of movies is fairly varied, with mostly mainstream popular titles; nothing special
    - he plays Zynga Facebook games
    - his pictures are nothing special (family, kids, events), mixed with some potentially chuckle-worthy demotivators

Can someone explain what's racist about his Facebook?

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I do not see how this incident is even remotely related to "racism" and "gun control" issue.
    WTF are you talking about here?

So if he would've been white and beaten to death with a baseball bat - it would've been "OK" since it's not racism and*no gun involved?
    What's the fucking difference?

Way to miss the main issue.
    WTF is 'Hood Watch? Do they have the right to do what Zimmerman did? WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    I do not see how this incident is even remotely related to "racism" and "gun control" issue.

So if he would've been white and beaten to death with a baseball bat - it would've been "OK" since it's not racism and*no gun involved?

Hood watch is explained by multiple posters above. Wikipedia to the rescue:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neighborhood_watch

10+ Year Old Account
    This story actually sickens me.

I cannot understand why this murderer walked free

a man shot an unarmed teen in cold blood.

I don't know if its racist or not and quite frankly i'm not sure it really matters, what matters is this man MURDERER a 17 year old boy. it was not self defense because he was not attacked by the kid with iced tea and skittles. he just decided to kill someone. he should go to jail for life. period.

For those saying its because he was racist or that he doesn't appear to be racist on facebook ask yourself this

if you removed race from it and the fact was that a 17 year old boy was DEAD with skittles and iced tea and a older man was standing over him with a gun would you assume that it was self defense? or would you bring in the guy with the gun?

because i think most people would see it as murder regardless. I feel so bad for the family who just lost their son because burying your own son is probably the worst feeling in the world.
    Last edited by McSpriest; 2012-03-09 at 04:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omglazor View Post
    Hood watch is explained by multiple posters above. Wikipedia to the rescue:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neighborhood_watch
    I know what Hood watch is. I was just reminding everyone that this is the issue here. Not racism or gun control. Zimmerman had no right to do what he did. This is what you should discuss here. Instead I see people talking about racism + some gun controllers too.

I want to hear the shooter's side of the story in full detail before I make any conclusions, but I, as a gun advocate, think this guy was messed up and shouldn't have had a Concealed Carry permit at all.

Now, if the kid did something stupid, like acting aggressively or something, then its mostly his fault.

More than likely, some racist jerk who jumped to conclusions about why a black kid was walking around at night in his upper class neighborhood.

And on the issue of crazies carrying guns, I think everyone that wants to own a gun has to go through a process to get a permit every year or two, which includes a written test on gun safety, a thorough background check, and a polygraph test to look for any hateful reasons for getting the weapon/s

Deleted
    Shoot a white kid and it's murder, Shoot a Black kid and it's also a hate crime. Reminds me of that South park episode where they punished Cartman severely for throwing a rock at Token, it had nothing to do with race.

Murder is murder, he shot an unarmed boy in cold blood, race has nothing to do with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post

What kind of logic...

How do you equate that anyone would have deemed it "ok" if it was a white. The issue is that the kid was deemed as suspicous because he was walking down the street, gunned down, and the shooter is free. People are held in jail for less and their potential murderer walking free because he taught the kid was suspicious. It doesn't take much for someone to call a black person suspicious except you know, being black.

Not related to gun control? Racist or not, you have a crazy mother fucker with a gun. Who shoots an unarmed person out of "self defense"? People say he is a Buddhist, and your point? The KKK says they are Christians.

Race is brought up because in cases like this race is usually involved. Whether it was a white kid in a black neighborhood or a black kid in a white neighborhood. Trying to be colorblind is how the cycle perpetuates itself. I've had people question me while I was walking to my own door because I didn't look like the rest of my neighbors, so please don't try to tell me I'm blowing hot air.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaellen View Post
    I want to hear the shooter's side of the story in full detail before I make any conclusions, but I, as a gun advocate, think this guy was messed up and shouldn't have had a Concealed Carry permit at all.

Now, if the kid did something stupid, like acting aggressively or something, then its mostly his fault.

More than likely, some racist jerk who jumped to conclusions about why a black kid was walking around at night in his upper class neighborhood.

And on the issue of crazies carrying guns, I think everyone that wants to own a gun has to go through a process to get a permit every year or two, which includes a written test on gun safety, a thorough background check, and a polygraph test to look for any hateful reasons for getting the weapon/s
    are you kidding? the kid was unarmed. I don't care if he ran towards the guy arms waving he was UNARMED! self defense does not protect you from murdering an unarmed kid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    What kind of logic...

How do you equate that anyone would have deemed it "ok" if it was a white.
    I do not equate... it was a question... rhetorical one. To show that racism and gun control are irrelevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaellen View Post

YOU DON'T USE DEADLY FORCE ON AN UNARMED PERSON.

Its not even remotely self defense unless the kid had some sort of invisible knife and was in the guys house. The kid was 140lb...140lbs. He is a damn twig. The sickest detail about the shooting is that they shooter was suspected to be in his car while he killed the kid.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Shoot a white kid and it's murder, Shoot a Black kid and it's also a hate crime. Reminds me of that South park episode where they punished Cartman severely for throwing a rock at Token, it had nothing to do with race.

Murder is murder, he shot an unarmed boy in cold blood, race has nothing to do with it.
    No but calling the cops because their is a black kid walking around, he was buying candy, and then deciding to shoot him is racist.

You honestly believe the shooter would have called the police if it was a unknown white child walking and minding his own businesses

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    No but calling the cops because their is a black kid walking around, he was buying candy, and then deciding to shoot him is racist.

You honestly believe the shooter would have called the police if it was a unknown white child walking and minding his own businesses
    Who knows? He is clearly deranged. Normal, mentally balanced people do not shoot unarmed people of any colour.

The article that was posted that gives the story is missing too much information.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnCorpse View Post
    Is the person an Irish supremacists?

No offence, but that sounds pathetic.

Maybe the evidence was is his wall, but it says I require an account for that.
    "They always get away,"

- Zimmerman talking to the police.

Of course its not racist on its own. But I know this attitude. Context is everything.

Martin, who was staying at The Retreat at Twin Lakes townhome community, was walking home from the store when he caught the attention of Zimmerman, who began following the teen in his car. At one point, Zimmerman called 911, telling the operator about a "suspicious person in the area."

Soon after the 911 call, Zimmerman and the teen got into an altercation. Police declined to comment on who confronted whom first or what the altercation was about.

I stopped watching the video as soon as the female starting saying " I don't give a shit" and " what the fuck is this". I realized that this is not journalism.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    YOU DON'T USE DEADLY FORCE ON AN UNARMED PERSON.

Its not even remotely self defense unless the kid had some sort of invisible knife and was in the guys house. The kid was 140lb...140lbs. He is a damn twig. The sickest detail about the shooting is that they shooter was suspected to be in his car while he killed the kid.
    You can't tell if someone is unarmed or not. The reason why they call it a concealed weapon is because its concealed. I know! /gasp.

If someone is acting suspiciously, then makes an aggressive act toward you, then you should act to defend yourself. You don't know if they have a weapon or not.

We know NOW that the kid didn't have a weapon. Watch captain guy didn't know that.

HOWEVER, he still jumped to conclusions in a bad situation. He shouldn't have been armed out there anyway, and his taking action after calling the police shows some kind of ulterior motive to this incident.

But, with the information given, there is not enough evidence for me to say one way or the other if this was actually murder, or a tragic case of self defense gone wrong.

As Gandalf says "Do not be so eager to deal out death and judgement, for even the very wise cannot see all ends"
    Last edited by Eldar45; 2012-03-09 at 05:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    This happened in Orlando you say? How odd, even if this were a gated community, seeing a black person near his neighborhood shouldn't be a rare enough occurrence for this guy to suspect this teen of anything. Fishy article, though I'm still sure the gun owner is to blame for this incident, and that race was likely a factor.
    Last edited by Pud'n; 2012-03-09 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    A racist person, what more could there need to be?
    Oh who knows, silly things like facts, evidence, you know - the stuff that actually matters instead of nameless fools jumping to conclusions with minimal information?