10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lymph View Post
    Also why doesn't Pan ever go SS? and vegeta's daughter (cannot remember her name but she looks like Bulma) is just normal.
    Supposedly you need to be at least 1/2 Saiyan to transform into SS, though GT breaks this in the final episode. As for Bulla/Bra, it could be lack of training, though it could also be that the extra strength of a human/Saiyan hybrid only effects the male side.

10+ Year Old Account
    its most likly a lack of training

vegeta treats his daughter like the ultimate princess (oh the hilarity of the situation) and pan never really did any training either

---------- Post added 2012-03-09 at 08:08 PM ----------

also combine that with those who know the super saiyan mind set in its full context.

trunks from the future only had gohan, who likly lacked the same understanding that normal time line gohan soon achived while training with goku

goten likly figured it out via gohan, trunks via vegeta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    Just watched episode of Bardock and had my mind blown. If cannon it really connects a lot of dots.

So is Bardock his own great great great grandfather or something? I'm assuming once he finished off Lord Chilled he went to find some other saiyans. That or start the Saiyan race, but I think that's way to far fetched as he'd have no Saiyan partner. You also need more then two people to start a race.

Also in Vegeta's legend it is said that the legendary super saiyan killed himself with his own power and went crazy. At least in the english anime, but I can't see that happening to Bardock. I wonder if Bardock finds some new super tough enemy in the past and is forced to kill himself, and the planet he was on in order to take the enemy down. Hence the legend. That sacrifice part just gets left out of the legend and changed because saiyans have a reputation to keep.

Wishful thinking probably. He probably just goes crazy with power. What do you guys think?

Edit: After doing more research I noticed that the reason the saiyans leave their original homeworld to go to Planet Plant(Vegeta) is because they are chased off by the legendary super saiyan(Bardock). I'm just wondering if Bardock turned on his people out of madness because they all looked weak in his eyes, or chased them off knowing he must in order for himself to eventually be born, and therefore Goku and the end of Frieza.
    It seems Bardock was not the Original Super Saiyan that was mentioned by Vegeta. Bardock went to Planet Plant (the future Planet Vegeta) and killed Chilled, starting the SS legend amongst Chilled's ancestors. Meanwhile, the OSS destroyed the Saiyan homeworld, killing himself and starting the SS legend amongst Saiyans, and they moved to Planet Plant.

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Original_Super_Saiyan (3rd note in the Trivia section)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Supposedly you need to be at least 1/2 Saiyan to transform into SS, though GT breaks this in the final episode. As for Bulla/Bra, it could be lack of training, though it could also be that the extra strength of a human/Saiyan hybrid only effects the male side.
    Yeah the kids in the final episode are only 1/16 Saiyan, and at least in Goku's great great grandchild's case, he was able to become Super Saiyan before knowing how to fly or even use a ki blast. I really wanted Pan to go Super Saiyan (and was kind of expecting it towards the end), but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Hey, i loved Dragonball and DBZ,
    So if we haven't seen GT would you say watch it or avoid it?

Quote Originally Posted by Goronfighter View Post
    Hey, i loved Dragonball and DBZ,
    So if we haven't seen GT would you say watch it or avoid it?
    Definitely watch it at least once for the story. Don't expect too much great fighting scenes, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McGrubbin View Post
    Definitely watch it at least once for the story. Don't expect too much great fighting scenes, though.
    This. For the first 15ish episodes I wanted to punch myself in the nuts after every episode. It gets better when the first major enemy shows up, but don't expect a whole lot of substance after he dies.

I just wish they could have named him something other than baby..

I also never understood why DR.Gero and the mad scientist in GT (cant remember his name atm) looked exactly the same but were not related. And then they pointed out how similar they were by havin them meet up in hell lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I just wish they could have named him something other than baby..

I also never understood why DR.Gero and the mad scientist in GT (cant remember his name atm) looked exactly the same but were not related. And then they pointed out how similar they were by havin them meet up in hell lol
    It was a sure sign they were running out of ideas.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never understood how they were smart enough to create such powerful villains, but couldn't program proper obedience. Twice they were killed by their creations.

Babidi too, though he only died once and he wasn't noted for intelligence (I don't think).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    I never understood how they were smart enough to create such powerful villains, but couldn't program proper obedience. Twice they were killed by their creations.

Babidi too, though he only died once and he wasn't noted for intelligence (I don't think).
    just a wizard.

as for the 2 Dr.s there is a 3ed Dr

raichi and the dr form gt was 100% a clone of him

---------- Post added 2012-03-09 at 09:34 PM ----------

Last edited by GennGreymane; 2012-03-09 at 09:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageissues View Post
    Yeah the kids in the final episode are only 1/16 Saiyan, and at least in Goku's great great grandchild's case, he was able to become Super Saiyan before knowing how to fly or even use a ki blast. I really wanted Pan to go Super Saiyan (and was kind of expecting it towards the end), but I guess it wasn't meant to be.
    Anyone with Saiyan Blood can become a Super Saiyan. The humans in Dragon Ball Online can even become Super Saiyan since they all are descendants of Vegeta or Goku.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by demopolis View Post
    Anyone with Saiyan Blood can become a Super Saiyan. The humans in Dragon Ball Online can even become Super Saiyan since they all are descendants of Vegeta or Goku.
    also isnt dragonball online only 200 years later........ that gene pool

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    also isnt dragonball online only 200 years later........ that gene pool
    You would be correct sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Blightarrow View Post
    Future one armed Gohan > all. His Full power Kamehameha is bawss...

---------- Post added 2012-03-09 at 02:21 PM ----------

What this actually is, is the trailer for the DBZ MMO thats going through testing in Korea atm. But there is a DBZ series planned for this coming year, because of the fans outspoken opinion.
    If you're referring to Dragon Ball Online, that's been done testing for quite a while and is already released in Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong and China. Suppose to be out by the end of Q1 2012 for Japan but we'll see. Less than a month for them to make that happen. :P

Dragon Ball Heroes though is an arcade game.

Edit:

Needs to come to the US. QQ
    Last edited by BatteredRose; 2012-03-09 at 11:13 PM.

Deleted
    Anyone else ever want to see a 'What If?' OVA showing a grown-up Kakarot, who never hit his head on Earth, being a space pirate, planet conquering pimp like a real Saiyan? Like maybe him and Raditz tearing up planets together as a diabolic duo and then fist-bumping after victory.

I know that's what Turles was supposed to represent but it just wasn't the same. Especially with Goku being there to easily foil his mirror. *Wistful sigh*

10+ Year Old Account
    best what Ifs ever is

a fan comic DBZ multiverse

its 20 universes with diff results well 19.... 1 of them is some other toreiyama product. chrono trigger?

one where the freiza family defeated goku
    another 1 where bardock managed to save the saiyans oooonnnlllly to be have them all killed by raichi, also king piccolo is alive in that 1... and tapion for no reason
    another 1 with cell winning and killing every1
    broly surviving being shot into the sun
    another universe with prince vegeta, kakkorotto, nappa and of course raditz

and of course a universe where vegeto beat majinn buu sooooo goku/vegeta got stuck that way forever

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    best what Ifs ever is

a fan comic DBZ multiverse

its 20 universes with diff results well 19.... 1 of them is some other toreiyama product. chrono trigger?

one where the freiza family defeated goku
    another 1 where bardock managed to save the saiyans oooonnnlllly to be have them all killed by raichi, also king piccolo is alive in that 1... and tapion for no reason
    another 1 with cell winning and killing every1
    broly surviving being shot into the sun
    another universe with prince vegeta, kakkorotto, nappa and of course raditz

and of course a universe where vegeto beat majinn buu sooooo goku/vegeta got stuck that way forever
    Cool, sounds interesting. Gonna have to check it out.
    Although, the Cell one sounds like it'd only be a page long. Just one image of Cell standing on a desolate, barren planet. Fin.
    And the Gogeta(?) one sounds very likely to be a 3-way harem manga with Chi-Chi and Bulma fighting over him! >_<' (Chi-Chi would obviously win though!)

Watching Bardock The Father of Goku right now. and then I might watch the 3 Broly movies, and for anyone that says I should watch them in the original Japanese that is what I am doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    This came to my mind just saw it.