Resto PVP Stat Priorities

A friend of mine is gearing up her shaman for arena mostly but also rbgs and read some guides that gave the stat priority of crit = haste > mastery as the consensus but there is no mention of spirit. Should she avoid all if not most pvp items with spirit or should she be getting the spirit pieces and reforging into crit or haste. Also wanted some insight on why those are the best stat priorities (assuming those are accurate). And if anyone has a geared resto shammy that we can check out an armory on, that'd be awesome.

Deleted
    I've recently started playing pvp on my resto shaman, and I'm running a Resil=Int > spirit > everything else this leaves me with almost none of the other stats and that's working great for me. Remember to get spell pen on either cloak or neck and 2xHit rings so her Hex and Shock don't miss

10+ Year Old Account
    Resilience > Intellect > Hit cap (4%) > Spirit > Doesn't Matter

If she doesn't feel like theorycrafting for herself, this is the default she should fall back on. There are two things she needs to stick to. Stay alive and plan for the long term. Everything else is secondary. If you/she get the idea that you don't need to play long term... stop it. If you aren't planning for the long term, there's no reason for her not to be another DPS. If you still want to try to force it, your short term will be shorter than you think.

p.s. Spellpen neck, but that should go without saying.
    Last edited by Paf; 2012-03-10 at 10:00 PM.
    mhm? mhm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paf View Post
    Resilience > Intellect > Hit cap (4%) > Spirit > Doesn't Matter

If you don't feel like theorycrafting for yourself, this is the default you should fall back on. The reasoning should be pretty obvious. There are two things you need to stick to. Stay alive and plan for the long term. Everything else is secondary.

p.s. Spellpen neck, but that should go without saying.
    I dont know to much, but really? spell pen neck? Thats 287 spell pen when the cap is 195. Sounds ridicilous to me as you can't reforge it.

Also, resillience before int? So in a red gem you take int and res? Seems like a waste =s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xytech View Post
    I dont know to much, but really? spell pen neck? Thats 287 spell pen when the cap is 195. Sounds ridicilous to me as you can't reforge it.

Also, resillience before int? So in a red gem you take int and res? Seems like a waste =s
    Intellect is not not a solid gold barrier that will help you stay alive. Dual gems are perfectly acceptable in the red sockets if you're really that uptight about it. Resilience is king. It keeps you alive no matter what.

As far as the neck, yes. It's entirely worth it. For multiple reasons.

1) 191 is the budget for secondary stats on the neck. That means the spellpen neck is 96 points over-budget.

2) Going 92 spellpen over the soft cap doesn't really matter when it's replacing an equally worthless stat.

3) Your only other option is gemming for it. And you do not replace resilience.

4) You cannot reforge into or out of spellpen.
    mhm? mhm.