10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Since we were discussing 'What if' earlier... What if Gohan hadn't dropped the earring Goku threw?

Gohku?
    Gokan?
    Gokun?
    glad that never happnedm tat would be very weird for chichi and videl

Deleted
    For me this was one of the most bad ass moments in DBZ + Goku transforming into SSJ1 ofc!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    glad that never happnedm tat would be very weird for chichi and videl
    More so for Chichi. Sure, getting romantic with your husband/boyfriend would be weird enough when he is half another guy, but when the other guy is your son?

10+ Year Old Account
    More so for Chichi. Sure, getting romantic with your husband/boyfriend would be weird enough when he is half another guy, but when the other guy is your son?
    Score for Goku, though...

10+ Year Old Account
    That's why he's the hero.

10+ Year Old Account

this does not even include the fight pre super saiyan

---------- Post added 2012-03-11 at 02:17 AM ----------

---------- Post added 2012-03-11 at 02:19 AM ----------

---------- Post added 2012-03-11 at 02:21 AM ----------

and finally 1 last video before i leave

i want to kill you
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2012-03-11 at 02:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would have been funny if one of those random ki waves that came out hit and killed the Supreme Kai anyway.

I always liked this fan vid. This whole speach before the song and how the song integrated into it.

On a WoW related note, there so needs to be a fighter-type boss in the next expansion. He needs to have a dodge-mechanic for the tanks, and when executed correctly, he screams, "WHY DO MY PUNCHES ALWAYS MISS YOU?!?!".

10+ Year Old Account

---------- Post added 2012-03-11 at 04:52 PM ----------

heading out for a while

here is a vid

in freiza's defense, goku led him on

i have always been super bad with the order its suposed to be in can some one give me a good timeline of the entire DB story?

starting from kid
    to grownup with radditz namek cell buu ect ect and the movies aswel and if they are supossed to be or happen during a specific time to not get lost in the timeline
    thank you <3
    I DESERVE A FUCKING MEDAL !
    *unwraps it*
    omnomnom chocolate!!!...

Quote Originally Posted by GUN3R View Post
    i have always been super bad with the order its suposed to be in can some one give me a good timeline of the entire DB story?

starting from kid
    to grownup with radditz namek cell buu ect ect and the movies aswel and if they are supossed to be or happen during a specific time to not get lost in the timeline
    thank you <3
    The movies don't specifically fit into the timeline of the series, as some of them cause contradictions. Some of them could be considered canon, as they cause no contradictions. For example, Cooler's Revenge could take place before the Androids appear. Return of Cooler shows both Super Saiyan Goku and Vegeta though, but not Super Saiyan Gohan. This means the movie would have to take place before the training in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, but after Vegeta was shown to be a Super Saiyan, because none of the characters knew Vegeta was a Super Saiyan. There is no period of time that's unaccounted for between those two events though, thus a contradiction.

Bojack Unbound almost feels like it tries to make itself canon, by fitting in perfectly. It mentions that it takes place a year after Cell, and it shows future Trunks come back explaining that he destroyed the Androids, and the Cell of his time, just like in the series.

My own person interpretation of the timeline is this. Bardock: The Father of Goku, original Dragonball, DBZ movie 1: The Dead Zone, Saiyan-Garlic jr saga, History of Trunks, (this isn't technically part of the timeline for obvious reasons, but this is the best place for it imo) Trunks saga, DBZ Movie 5: Cooler's Revenge, Android-Cell sagas, DBZ Movie 9: Bojack Unbound, Great Saiyaman-Buu sagas up to the death of Kid Buu, DBZ Movie 13: Wrath of the Dragon, Heya! Son Goku and his friend return!, post Kid Buu time skip, DBGT up to the death of Omega Shenron, A Hero's Legacy, last episode of DBGT.

As you can see, I only consider movies 1, 5, 9, and 13, to be part of the series timeline. Sure, I take the other movies as canon of a sort, (as in it's theoretically possible that they could happen because they don't break any established laws of DBZ) but they're clearly alternate universe/timeline because they cause contradictions.

And I swear, if anyone brings up the first Broly movie as part of the main timeline due to the short gap in time before the Cell games, I will flip a bitch and die of a heart attack. (Joking of course, but it is seriously a ridiculous idea, and is easily disproven by the fact that Goku and Gohan aren't FPSS.)
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2012-03-12 at 03:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    they even said broly is non cannon

also would dr raichi fit in the time line

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure if the first move "Dead Zone" fits in since there were a few moments in there that also happen at the beginning of the DBZ series.

Dead Zone is the only film that takes place after the end of Dragon Ball and before the beginning of Dragon Ball Z. The events of this movie can be placed into the series timeline between episodes "The End, The Beginning" of the Piccolo Jr. Saga and "The New Threat" of the Vegeta Saga.

There are a few discrepancies, however. For example, Krillin was introduced to Gohan in the movie, yet he did not know who he was in the beginning of Dragon Ball Z. Additionally, in "Unlikely Alliance" ("The World's Strongest Team" in the original dub), Goku comments on his discovery that Piccolo trains with weighted clothes; however, he makes the same comments in Dead Zone.

they even said broly is non cannon

also would dr raichi fit in the time line
    You mean the Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans? It has the same problem as Broly. Both Goku and Gohan are in their base forms but capable of going Super Saiyan. There was no point in time when both of them were normal Super Saiyans outside of the Hyperbolic Time Chamber.

10+ Year Old Account
    could have happened after

transforms into a super worgen 5

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I'm not sure if the first move "Dead Zone" fits in since there were a few moments in there that also happen at the beginning of the DBZ series.
    Goku and Gohan both got hit on the head. Seriously though, that's a very good point that completely slipped my mind. Nice catch. Dead Zone is hard to call imo. If those are the only inconsistencies, it's so damn close that it's almost painful. And without Dead Zone the events of the Garlic jr saga have some plot holes.

---------- Post added 2012-03-12 at 03:11 AM ----------

could have happened after

transforms into a super worgen 5

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    No, it couldn't have happened after. During the time before the Cell games, Goku and Gohan are both constantly transformed. In Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans both Goku and Gohan are capable of transforming, yet not in their transformed states at various times. That breaks continuity.

10+ Year Old Account
    sooooooooo freiza is real guy

and so is his race......

photoshop makes freiza real!
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2012-03-12 at 12:23 PM.

Are the DBZ games for the 360 good?

I remember playing the ones on Ps2 forever, especially the one you could play with two players and like move on a board. Me and my friend had so much fun with that, him as Vegeta me as Goku, but I've heard bad things about the 360 ones. Any thoughts anyone before I check a pawnshop, all this DBZ talk has made me want to kick some ass.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-03-12 at 04:10 PM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    Are the DBZ games for the 360 good?

I remember playing the ones on Ps2 forever, especially the one you could play with two players and like move on a board. Me and my friend had so much fun with that, him as Vegeta me as Goku, but I've heard bad things about the 360 ones. Any thoughts anyone before I check a pawnshop, all this DBZ talk has made me want to kick some ass.
    I haven't played them personally, but I know that they have had a terrible reception. From what I've heard, Burst Limit was the best one as far as the fighting mechanics go, but it has no English dub and the game ends with the Cell saga, so you have very few characters. Ultimate Tenkaichi, which just came out last fall, looks absolutely terrible... it's like half the combat is a rock, paper, scissors fight.

All I know is that I just impulse bought a PS2 and Budokai 3 the other day because I was in desperate need for a good DBZ game.