Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

SWTOR news on the main page!

Noticed something interesting as I was scrolling down the main page this morning...

There's a note there relating to SWTOR's patch 1.2 along with the WoW news:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...Weekly-Roundup

Is this a (fingers crossed) sign of good things things to come in reaction to this very forum's status as the official unofficial hub of SWTOR discussion?

(Yes, yes... I know we've supposedly got Darth Hater... But I'm curious now.)
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Deleted
    I'm wouldn't get my hopes up friend. Probably a slow news day

It is a slow news day, nothing really big happening for WoW, and/or Diablo

And on top of that, its news that we've already known about on the forums. Well, at least he tried I guess.

The ratio of viewers of the SWTOR forum compared to viewers of the WoW General forum has been dropping steadily.
    It peaked at almost equal during SWTOR launch, and now it hovers around a quarter or a fifth.

Yeah, slow news day.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh, 'bout time. They've had rift and GW2 up there so slow news day or not it's nice to see swtor finally up there and DH isn't that great of a site, sure it's got news but it's forums are dead.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear;15857474[B
    ]The ratio of viewers of the SWTOR forum compared to viewers of the WoW General forum has been dropping steadily.[/B]
    It peaked at almost equal during SWTOR launch, and now it hovers around a quarter or a fifth.

Yeah, slow news day.
    there are good reasons why it has been dropping. the mentioning of which would probably get me an infraction so I'll refrain.

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    The ratio of viewers of the SWTOR forum compared to viewers of the WoW General forum has been dropping steadily.

Yeah, slow news day.
    It only peaked with the WoW General forum. A single forum. If you ever added in all the other WoW forums like the class forums, the profession, pvp, etc, the SWTOR forum never came close to half the WoW traffic. A shame, I really wanted SWTOR to do well :\
    ಠ_ಠ

holly shit.

Yeah, slow news day.
    This is so true, used to be you could scroll back four or five pages before you found something tagged "Yesterday". Last few weeks you didn't need but two pages. Hopefully 1.2 gets more people to look at the game again though I am going to wait for dual spec once my sub runs out.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Quote Originally Posted by Hoticehunter View Post
    It only peaked with the WoW General forum. A single forum. If you ever added in all the other WoW forums like the class forums, the profession, pvp, etc, the SWTOR forum never came close to half the WoW traffic. A shame, I really wanted SWTOR to do well :\
    Amount of forum users here doesn't decide if a game does well or not, even if it would though, half of WoW traffic, a game that is launched world wide, is quite alright for a game launched only in western countries, not to mention that this is and has been a site almost exclusively for WoW.

More OT, it's nice to see news about other games on the front page, think mixing in major news for Tor, Rift, D3 and any other major game with some staying power is a healthy thing as far as the site goes, WoW content will be dominant either way due to it's larger player base.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't expect it to be on the front page as main focus, as always this is a World of Warcraft site in which other MMO's can be discussed in the respected forum area.

Deleted
    but it aint a world of warcraft site, its an MMO site. but it only focuses on wow cos wow is so poplar like. thats why its called MMO champion and not wow champeen;p
    but yea its great to see news of other games n shit....

Quote Originally Posted by Hoticehunter View Post
    That's AWESOME. You actually think mmo-champion has a bearing on wether or not star wars does well. Thank you sir, you made my morning and gave me a good laugh.

OT Good. Maybe this site can really earn the MMO-champion title.

Deleted
    Uhm what makes you think this is a WoW site? its called MMO-champion for a reason y'know... Is it because there are lots of WoW news? Gief more respect Da ?

Yeah, slow news day.
    While the SWTOR forum did get comparable viewers to the WoW General forum, the WoW forums collectively were still very far ahead. And that was during launch (as you said) and the SWTOR forums are way down from that point, some days it's not even a quarter or a fifth.

---------- Post added 2012-03-12 at 12:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xiandra View Post
    Uhm what makes you think this is a WoW site? its called MMO-champion for a reason y'know... Is it because there are lots of WoW news? Gief more respect Da ?
    Actually, I am pretty sure that Boub has explicitly stated that while it is not a WoW exclusive site, it's main focus is WoW and will remain that way. He may include other news but it is not going to be, nor was it ever intended to be, an all inclusive MMO site.

Regardless of if it continues to happen - the simple point of posting that there may get many people curious, especially when linked with him pointing out there is the trial now.

It's more publicity about improvements to SWTOR to other players, some of which may have left and may be inspired to play again, some of which simply were waiting for trials. Not everyone is reading this forum, nor even stuff to do with SWTOR, so it's more publicity, and that, to me, is great

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    Actually, I am pretty sure that Boub has explicitly stated that while it is not a WoW exclusive site, it's main focus is WoW and will remain that way. He may include other news but it is not going to be, nor was it ever intended to be, an all inclusive MMO site.
    This, perhaps one day people will learn to use the search function as it has been discussed to death and this has been the response that has appeared in all of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was just as surprised as everyone else! I had no idea we're going to start featuring SWTOR news on the front page, but it kind of makes sense. It's, personally, one of the best recent MMO's to come out, and I doubt it is going anywhere bad anytime soon.

But, as Boubouille has said in the past, we're not 100% focused on World of Warcraft, so perhaps I shouldn't be too surprised.

Perhaps people started noticing it has almost double 'interest' than "mists of pandaria" section on the forums and like x10 the posts diablo 3 has and they realized people are interested in swtor alot, so i guess they gave us a front page finally.*

Would love to see the trend going on , keep it up mmo champ! I am forced to visit other sites with the state of swtor attention atm and i hate that. Mmo champ is and remains my favorite forum destination!
    GJ!