15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    <snip>
    I chose the synthesis ending, simply because I felt it was the best ending to choose from. I romanced Garrus and...I have to say I felt terrible once I made my choice. The talk you have with him before the end just, man its making me tear up a bit just remembering.

This whole game had me crying because I've grown very attached to these characters. Seeing them die its just hard. Of course, I'm setting myself up for round 2 of tearfest.

I am glad to know I'm not the only one who had trouble with the end part LOL. >_> I died like 3 times to the Marauder that pops out right before the beam to the citadel. Yeah, I had trouble headshotting him. :\ Honestly, I have a feeling that once I get to the end with my 2nd playthrough, I will have a tough time deciding on which one to go with.

Spoiler tags added just to be safe.

Also I do -not- like the sound reapers or banshee's make. They are scary. ;-;
    Last edited by Kaelwryn; 2012-03-12 at 05:44 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    I chose the synthesis ending, simply because I felt it was the best ending to choose from. I romanced Garrus and...I have to say I felt terrible once I made my choice. The talk you have with him before the end just, man its making me tear up a bit just remembering.

This whole game had me crying because I've grown very attached to these characters. Seeing them die its just hard. Of course, I'm setting myself up for round 2 of tearfest.

I am glad to know I'm not the only one who had trouble with the end part LOL. >_> I died like 3 times to the Marauder that pops out right before the beam to the citadel. Yeah, I had trouble headshotting him. :\ Honestly, I have a feeling that once I get to the end with my 2nd playthrough, I will have a tough time deciding on which one to go with.

Spoiler tags added just to be safe.

Also I do -not- like the sound reapers or banshee's make. They are scary. ;-;
    Man I know exactly what you feel like!
    As I've said a few times on the thread I'm personally a huge Kaidan fangirl so naturally I wanted the playthrough where I've romanced him since the first game. The last talk with him was just.. I was sobbing after it. He has just gotten Shepard back and then she has to go on a mission like this again. He says something along the lines of "I just don't want to lose you again.." in such a shattering voice and kisses Shep after that. I was all "Awwwh" and sobbing at the same time. I can only imagine what kind of feelings were going through both during that last kiss. I know, I get too attached to characters and get involved in the relationships too much!

I want to replay ME3 with this same Shepard again but I'm also tempted to go for my Infiltrator. She only romanced Garrus and based on the people you meet along the way I'm really curious to find out what the losses mean. I lost Mordin, Miranda and Zaeed during the suicide mission on her so it's a bit of a twist. Mordin played a big part with the genophage cure, Miranda kicked her father's ass and turned up now and then anyway. Zaeed only saved that ex-Cerberus agent so I doubt that makes a huge impact. :P

I really had a hard time deciding what to go for after actually listening to the explanations. Synthesis seemed like such a good option since you would live, you'd end the war between synthetics and organics and so on. I had to pause the game for a while to actually make the final call. I have to try this ending too..

And yeah, reapers and especially the banshee sounds scares the crap out of me. Whenever I heard the banshee screech I immediately went "OMG NOOOO! WHERE IS IT? WHERE IS IT!?" and flailed around like crazy. :'D
    Last edited by mmoc66a46237a3; 2012-03-12 at 05:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I just got done with the Geth and Quarian missions so I think I've still got a bit to go before the end. All in all its been a fun game but I am so tired of running around the Normandy and Citadel. We spawn at that damn vid com way too many times after missions and have to run through that "stop and scan" thing every time to get back to the galactic map. Ugh...

Having imported my game from ME2 (what I believe was a complete run), I managed to get the Geth and Quarian on board, along with the Rachni. In the end, I had 7060 TMS. At 50% (I have played excessive MP now) that'd be 3530.

The "More Information" breakdown never went above "Chances of success are even.", and it'd been that at 3530, iirc.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

Deleted
    I have a small question regarding ME3.

I lost my hard drive and all my ME1 and 2 saves. I'm quite happy to start over afresh in ME3 as I know the sotry. I know I won't have my original Shepered but tbh i can live with that. I just CBA playing through ME1 again.

My question: Do the likes of Tali make re-appearances and other squad members from 2? I was hoping to re-make my old squad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tomhyde1986 View Post
    My question: Do the likes of Tali make re-appearances and other squad members from 2? I was hoping to re-make my old squad.
    You meet a few of them along the way, but most won't join the team. Some people's joining depends on the choices you do in the game as well. From ME2 you can get Garrus and you can also get Tali if you play your cards right. I'm not entirely sure about Legion..

EDIT: During my playthrough I think I met everyone who survived the suicide mission on ME2. They won't join your team, though.
    Last edited by mmoc66a46237a3; 2012-03-12 at 08:27 PM.

You meet a few of them along the way, but most won't join the team. Some people's joining depends on the choices you do in the game as well. From ME2 you can get Garrus and you can also get Tali if you play your cards right. I'm not entirely sure about Legion..

EDIT: During my playthrough I think I met everyone who survived the suicide mission on ME2. They won't join your team, though.
    Legion cannot become a perma squad mate sadly =/ he was one of my favorites.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Minrolol View Post
    Legion cannot become a perma squad mate sadly =/ he was one of my favorites.
    I wasn't sure due to my choices between the Geth and the Quarians. Thanks for clearing that up, actually. I really wasn't sure. :P

Deleted
    Thanks all.

Tali is my favourite character. Hot blue russian aliens ftw. I'll certainly pick it up I just have no desire to play through ME1 all over again.

I think I'll get the game and then if I feel I'm really missing out go and play ME2 through again and go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by tomhyde1986 View Post
    Thanks all.

Tali is my favourite character. Hot blue russian aliens ftw. I'll certainly pick it up I just have no desire to play through ME1 all over again.

I think I'll get the game and then if I feel I'm really missing out go and play ME2 through again and go from there.
    I'm a talimancer as well. well.. before they decided to show a picture of her. Not to judge a book by its cover, but she looks nothing like how she acts >.<

Deleted

Yea, everyone except Kelly Chambers and Legion dies anyway, you either kill him or he will sacrifice himself to make the Geth smarter with Reaper code.. As for the others, most will actually join you, but they either come aboard Normandy till they die or help with what they are good at instead of directly joining you on the missions.

Some of the crew can be recruited again, some as party members (Tali, Liara, Garrus, Ash/Kaidan, EDI) or assets for the war (Zaeed, Kasumi, Miranda, Samara, Grunt, Jack, Jacob, Wrex (ME1), Morinth, Thane, Mordin, Legion)., but they may die during the main story depending on your actions in ME2 and ME3. Mordin, as an example, will not die if Wrex is dead and Maelon's data on the genophage was destroyed. This would actually result in the Salarians, Krogan [I]and[/I] Mordin joining the final fight. Some crew will join you, on the Normandy, for a brief time.

ME2 non-party crew: (Kelly will be on the citadel, but won't return. The engineers Donnelly and Daniels can be pardoned by a Spectre (you) and return to the Normandy. Doctor Chakwas can be convinced to return to the Normandy, as well. Joker just comes with the ship.)

If you want further info on crewmembers, check http://masseffect.wikia.com
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    I actually liked the ending - all of it. I especially liked the scene with the Illusive Man, Shepard, and Anderson. I also liked the fact that Shepard was badly wounded and bleeding but you were still able to play as her.
    My issue with the ending was that the final solutions were pretty much identical regardless of Paragon/Renegade choices. All that mattered was having a high EMS which in turn required multiplayer.

I was [B]very[/B] disappointed that Bioware misled us re: attaining "the best" ending with purely single-player, as it appears to be largely impossible to reach 8000 TMS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    Yea, everyone except Kelly Chambers and Legion dies anyway, you either kill him or he will sacrifice himself to make the Geth smarter with Reaper code.. As for the others, most will actually join you, but they either come aboard Normandy till they die or help with what they are good at instead of directly joining you on the missions.
    I was refering to "join" as a playable squad mate. Most will join your cause, but you can't get them to your playable squad. For me Legion actually sactificed himself so I wasn't entirely sure about his joining. I know Tali can kill herself if you turn against quarians so I thought it might be the same for Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post
    Some of the crew can be recruited again, some as party members (Tali, Liara, Garrus, Ash/Kaidan, EDI) or assets for the war (Zaeed, Kasumi, Miranda, Samara, Grunt, Jack, Jacob, Wrex (ME1), Morinth, Thane, Mordin, Legion)., but they may die during the main story depending on your actions in ME2 and ME3. Mordin, as an example, will not die if Wrex is dead and Maelon's data on the genophage was destroyed. This would actually result in the Salarians, Krogan [I]and[/I] Mordin joining the final fight. Some crew will join you, on the Normandy, for a brief time.

ME2 non-party crew: (Kelly will be on the citadel, but won't return. The engineers Donnelly and Daniels can be pardoned by a Spectre (you) and return to the Normandy. Doctor Chakwas can be convinced to return to the Normandy, as well. Joker just comes with the ship.)
    Again, with the term "joining" I was refering being able to have them as playable party members. (:

15+ Year Old Account
    So...the ending. First let me say that I absolutely love ME3. I've rarely been so immersed in a game and found myself angry and sad at all the right points in the game.

With that out of the way:

Call me a wuss, but I wished for a happy ending for my Shepard. After all the sacrifices he made, bringing together all the races in peace and helping everybody in every way he could, he does not get to spend his well deserved remainder with Tali on Rannoch?
    What's worse: All the Mass Relays are destroyed, contact between the different races is impossible for millenia (or might never be reached again) and I see no effect at all to what I've accomplished in the game. Just some pep-talk by Wrex and Primarch Victus before the final assault. At the very least I had hoped for a short montage showing the different races and how they were doing in the end. So I could at least see what impact my decisions had on their future.
    Hell, the only thing I could think when I saw EDI and Joker exit the Normandy was: "Damn, those poor guys are stranded on a foreign planet without any means of ever getting away from there."
    Maybe the other endings are better, but I couldn't bring myself to destroy all synthetic life, including the Geth and EDI, whom I've given actual life in the previous missions, nor did I want to control the reapers, since I imagine that one caters to the "human superiority" players.

tl;dr: I really wish that the impact my decisions had would be more noticeable after the "ending" and that the ending had offered at least some respite to the races and Commander Shepard

Jesus all these black lines were so tempting...so tempting I spoiled my ass and now I'm regretting ... damn it internet, damn it!

About the endings, now I haven't played the game and the info I got by naively clicking on the black lines. But I don't see how bad can it get? Is it that bad to make such a outrage?! Any sacrifice can't be that bad right? I really don't how what's THAT bad about it but think about it.

A generic good ending, lets not forget that we are fighting Reapers. For millions of years they were unbeaten. But we did it! ( I think we did, again, didn't play yet) So obviously sacrifices were made right? What is it then, choices not making difference? But why would your choices be always leading to a good thing in real life? It isn't like that. Imagine it was real life, why would everything be all good etc. you can't have control about everything can you? I don't think so. I don't get it why would you always want to get the perfect thing? What's the point of having a game like this? Play Call of Duty the ending is always the best ( it's the only one afterall ).

Edit: Well, maybe in a few weeks when I get and beat the game, I'll come back raging, hehe. But I think that the worse I can get is a big WTG? moment I guess.
    Last edited by raddry; 2012-03-12 at 09:37 PM.

Zao I would agree 100% with your thoughts on the ending, I felt the same way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zao View Post
    So...the ending. First let me say that I absolutely love ME3. I've rarely been so immersed in a game and found myself angry and sad at all the right points in the game.

With that out of the way:

Call me a wuss, but I wished for a happy ending for my Shepard. After all the sacrifices he made, bringing together all the races in peace and helping everybody in every way he could, he does not get to spend his well deserved remainder with Tali on Rannoch?
    What's worse: All the Mass Relays are destroyed, contact between the different races is impossible for millenia (or might never be reached again) and I see no effect at all to what I've accomplished in the game. Just some pep-talk by Wrex and Primarch Victus before the final assault. At the very least I had hoped for a short montage showing the different races and how they were doing in the end. So I could at least see what impact my decisions had on their future.
    Hell, the only thing I could think when I saw EDI and Joker exit the Normandy was: "Damn, those poor guys are stranded on a foreign planet without any means of ever getting away from there."
    Maybe the other endings are better, but I couldn't bring myself to destroy all synthetic life, including the Geth and EDI, whom I've given actual life in the previous missions, nor did I want to control the reapers, since I imagine that one caters to the "human superiority" players.

tl;dr: I really wish that the impact my decisions had would be more noticeable after the "ending" and that the ending had offered at least some respite to the races and Commander Shepard
    While I share the disappointment with the lack of a happy ending and the insignificant impact from Paragon/Renegade choices; a couple of points .. the loss of the mass relays isn't insurmountable; the various civilizations used them because they were convenient and I recall the Asari bartender mentioning that she got laughed out of Asari space by proposed that they create new mass relays. Seems to suggest that it's a real possibility.

Just gotta hope for that "proper ending DLC/patch" that the forums are demanding.

---------- Post added 2012-03-12 at 09:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by raddry View Post
    About the endings, now I haven't played the game and the info I got by naively clicking on the black lines. But I don't see how bad can it get? Is it that bad to make such a outrage?! .
    Bluntly, yes.

The endings are not so much "bad" as .. nonsensical. The direction that the writers decided to go in the last 5 minutes of the game is decidedly suspect, rife with plotholes and "wtf?" moments. It makes so little sense that one of the more credible theories on the forums is that the last 5 minutes is a hallucination/indoctrinated dream and that the proper ending will come via DLC.

I read somewhere that theres "another" ending when you complete mass effect 3 for the second time( importing the save from your mass effect 3), any word on this?

Nevermind: It is the Stargazer thing..
    Last edited by Syegfried; 2012-03-12 at 10:12 PM.