Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    I saw this today, it makes a lot more sense. [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynYgr1rqEec&feature=related[/url]
    I'm not sure again do I need to tag this but I'm playing it safe. He mentions in the video that some people have claimed that there's some forcefields around the Citadel that allow you to breathe outside without a helmet... [B]BUT[/B] aren't you wearing a helmet when you're walking the side of the Citadel on Mass Effect 1 to get back inside and face Saren? That means you actually DO need to have a helmet on in order to breathe outside the Citadel which means the hallucination/indoctrination theory makes more sense again..

Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    I'm not sure again do I need to tag this but I'm playing it safe. He mentions in the video that some people have claimed that there's some forcefields around the Citadel that allow you to breathe outside without a helmet... [B]BUT[/B] aren't you wearing a helmet when you're walking the side of the Citadel on Mass Effect 1 to get back inside and face Saren? That means you actually DO need to have a helmet on in order to breathe outside the Citadel which means the hallucination/indoctrination theory makes more sense again..
    This was mentioned on BSN a few times. From what the lore nerds there said, it's a 7 meter high Mass Effect field, but it only applies to the wards, so it doesn't count in this case.

15+ Year Old Account
    You're correct.

They use forcefields to "simulate" an atmosphere.

In the original codex, it only says these are 7 meters tall, so when you go up on the little lift thing, you're "leaving" that "atmosphere" and going above it, to where you couldn't breathe. Edit: Laurcus is correct - I think it does only apply to the Wards anyways.
    Last edited by Kaneiac; 2012-03-13 at 11:47 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    This was mentioned on BSN a few times. From what the lore nerds there said, it's a 7 meter high Mass Effect field, but it only applies to the wards, so it doesn't count in this case.
    Ah, figures. I didn't read all the comments on YouTube and I haven't checked BSN that actively but that's the first thing that came to my mind after he commented on it on the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I'm pretty sure the Reaper master AI with complete control of the Citadel could extend the fields if it wanted to.

I'm in my second play through (imported the ME3 save) and I've just been remind of Traynor trolling me all the way through the fucking game 'Admiral Hacket would like to speak with you on vid com' *space* 'Yes Sheppard?...' -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I'm pretty sure the Reaper master AI with complete control of the Citadel could extend the fields if it wanted to.
    Maybe, maybe not. It's hard to tell how much control The Catalyst actually has over the Citadel, if he's real. Keep in mind, he could have aided the Reapers in ME1 by taking control of the Citadel if he had the power to do so.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I know is that indoctrination theory makes a lot more sense the the endings we received which makes made no sense at all. Everything from why people teleport onto the normandy, where the hell joker was going, how shepard could even survive a direct reaper beam blast that would otherwise cut a battleship in half in one second, and what in the hell is shepard doing in pod in the ending.

Honestly the whole indoctrination of Shepard idea infers a level of detail to the story that just isn't there. People read into things way too much. If the whole thing was a dream, then every ending should have the "Shepard stirring" clip. So does that mean only the red ending is a dream and the others are real? Seems unlikely to me.

Deleted
    Registered after years of reading MMO-C just to participate in this thread

I am a mass effect fan and so I cant be, nor do I wish to be, objective. Both me1 and me2 were breath taking, and me3 was just that and perhaps more. I love the fact that you encounter all your former me1 and me2 companions as well as allot of non playable npcs ( Kirahe, the "hold the line" guy ; Khalisah Bint Sinan al-Jilani, tabloid reporter etc...). You don't meet some random npcs, you meet old friends or acquaintances, who you remember from directX 9.0c era! I played it for 3 straight days and when finished, on Wednesday in 2AM, i was like, don't know, at first I just sat there silent. Didn't know what to think really. In the whole western hemisphere everything from films to books and games always end the same, the hero saves the cheerleader and the world, or he dies and saves the cheerleader and the world. Here I spend allot of time and energy to bring the races together, to construct the Crucible, to build up the largest fleet in the known universe for what? Yes i did destroy the Reapers, but at what cost? The mass relay network destroyed, Earth in ruins, my Liara stuck on some garden world with that salacious Joker (never trust a guy with brittle bone disease ) and well, I got blown up. Was that an ending I wanted? NO, ofc not, I wanted to save the galaxy, kill the Reapers, get some schools named after me, have a beer with Liara in my lap. Yes people, shit happens. This ending is what usually happens in real life. You try everything, give 110% and bah, the result is not what you wanted. So, under the hypothesis that this is a "real ending", its great! It provoked such a intense emotional response which I haven't felt by any entertainment industry product for at least a decade! Thx Bioware!

My thoughts on why the "ending" is not real.
    First of all, I don't know if it is a bug, but I wore the "dragon age" armor almost the whole game and when I awoke after Harbingers attack I wasn't in my armor. So at first i thought that I am in another dream. Second, the city around me was blurry (like the forest in my dreams), and everything was in slow motion. I mean, I know I was slow because of the sustained injuries, but if the Husks moved any slower they would go backwards. Third thing what was a bit odd was that Anderson and TIM where already on the Citadel. Fourth was the fact (allot of people noticed this) that I was breathing in space (but hey, perhaps some mass effect field trapped an breathable atmosphere). My theory is that the dreams and the end are of Reaper design. They know they could not indoctrine me, that I would never agree with them and would always fight them, so they used my implants to make a virtual reality (matrix style) where I would defeat them, where my crew would be safe and I would die eg. stop resisting.

10+ Year Old Account
    The decsion to have mass effect 1s team over 2 pissed me off epicly i liked twos squad a hell of alot more then 1 ashely annoys the hell out of me and james vega is a oxygen thief plain and simple in the end i hope they do a dlc ending even if its just damage control but the from what i already knew about mass effect 3 already jaded me i love the gameplay but bioware seem to have pulled another dragon age 2 out of the hat

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    Honestly the whole indoctrination of Shepard idea infers a level of detail to the story that just isn't there. People read into things way too much. If the whole thing was a dream, then every ending should have the "Shepard stirring" clip. So does that mean only the red ending is a dream and the others are real? Seems unlikely to me.
    The theory that is going around is the red ending is Shepared resisting the indoctrination and waking up back on earth, the other 2 are succumbing and becoming fully indoctrinated so he doesnt wake up as "ASSUMING CONTROL" has taken place and hes fully under reaper control [url]http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/355/index/9862090[/url] is the running theory

I loved ME3 I decided to go in blind, didn't read up on it, just bought the game and continued my ME1 -> ME2 play through, I kept Kaiden, Wrex and all of the ME2 crew alive. At first the controls felt a little different and Andersons running animation made me laugh a little, but the story was amazing. Towards the end I expected that my Shepard would die making the ultimate sacrifice in fact I hope he would as it would be fitting.

The moment the beam hit I actually thought he was dead…. But no he awakes with damaged armour, bloodied and very dazed. After that the story just didn’t make sense… where was my squad? How did Anderson get in the beam? While walking past the bodies Anderson gave the impression that he was on a different path, then I find him at the console and he looks odd.

The only way this can make sense to me is if it was all a dream after the beam hit, part of the indoctrination. In the end I chose red it’s what I’ve been set out to do since ME1 and I had 8k + 100% in multiplayer. I expect to see an addon/DLC that follows on after the beam hits.

Deleted
    I recall someone asking about this achievement but I'm not sure if anyone answered. The "Gunsmith" achievement (Upgrading any weapon to level 10.) requires an imported ME3 playthrough to achieve since one of my weapons got upgraded to level 8 for some reason. I just imported an ME3 character and I immediately got a message saying "Gunsmith: 8/10" or something along those lines. Since you can only upgrade your weapons to level 5 in the first playthrough, this is what you have to do to get the achievement. :3

After reading lots and lots of comments about the ending i expected it would've been worse, it wasnt that bad in my opinion..

10+ Year Old Account
    where did he wake up? wasn't the citadel shown exploding after the reapers were destroyed 0o?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    where did he wake up? wasn't the citadel shown exploding after the reapers were destroyed 0o?
    The rubble seems to imply that he ended up back down on Earth.

Somehow.

---------- Post added 2012-03-13 at 08:49 AM ----------

Oh shit, children, gather round

From the Mass Effect twitter:

@slimavery All are good choices. And don't be too bummed about the ending. Next time you play, it may be different. ;-)

https://twitter.com/#!/masseffect/st...66814907101184

It's a couple hours old, but still!

Deleted
    Can anyone answer something about Javik? (although in the end it doesn't really matter anyway since I saw him get stranded with Normandy):P

Near the end of the game when you talk with him, he mentions the echo shard and ask if he should keep it. I told him yes and it was worth the pain. But then when talking to the crew the final time, he says that if we win, he will go back to hes world and die because hes goal will be complete. -.-

Can you change that outcome somehow, like for example by destroying the shard? I would much rather him write the "Prothy the Prothean" book with Liara in the end.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    Can anyone answer something about Javik? (although in the end it doesn't really matter anyway since I saw him get stranded with Normandy):P

Near the end of the game when you talk with him, he mentions the echo shard and ask if he should keep it. I told him yes and it was worth the pain. But then when talking to the crew the final time, he says that if we win, he will go back to hes world and die because hes goal will be complete. -.-

Can you change that outcome somehow, like for example by destroying the shard? I would much rather him write the "Prothy the Prothean" book with Liara in the end.

Don't make him look into the shard on the Normandy. If he doesn't look into it, he'll decide to write a book with Liara at the end.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post

Oh shit, children, gather round

From the Mass Effect twitter:

@slimavery All are good choices. And don't be too bummed about the ending. Next time you play, it may be different. ;-)

https://twitter.com/#!/masseffect/st...66814907101184

It's a couple hours old, but still!
    *snip*

Please don't post meme images. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-03-13 at 09:36 PM.