Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    This was one of the funnies moments for me, it's appearently one of the easter eggs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcOm9K3jyn8 "DON'T TOUCH THAT!"

I don't think this counts as a spoiler, does it?
    How the hell did I miss that one in both my playthroughs? O.o

Deleted
    *crazy fangirl eyeglow on* Give... Meeee... *-*

For real that does give more hope. Though it'll most likely be the whole "Want a happy ending? Now you can have it for only 9,95€!"-scenario.
    I for one would definitely buy a new DLC that includes a better ending and wouldn't find it immoral or bad ethics at all if they released one. I'd just take it as an expansion where the story is concluded. Lots of games do that and it's a good thing. I don't know why anyone would be upset about it or think it's too low to do something like that.

They never said that the original installment concludes all story lines, just that the story would end with ME3. ME3 expansions and DLCs qualify as part of the game at least in my book.

This was one of the funnies moments for me, it's appearently one of the easter eggs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcOm9K3jyn8 "DON'T TOUCH THAT!"

I don't think this counts as a spoiler, does it?
    Oh i loved that and it ended up being about shit if i recall correcorrectly haha

10+ Year Old Account
    Still disappointed in the lack of a Miranda / Liara cat fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    How the hell did I miss that one in both my playthroughs? O.o
    I stumbled across it by accident on the playthrough I just started. I could've sworn I looked around the best I could during the first time but appearently not. That was still god damn hilarious to come across.

Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    I for one would definitely buy a new DLC that includes a better ending and wouldn't find it immoral or bad ethics at all if they released one. I'd just take it as an expansion where the story is concluded. Lots of games do that and it's a good thing. I don't know why anyone would be upset about it or think it's too low to do something like that.

They never said that the original installment concludes all story lines, just that the story would end with ME3. ME3 expansions and DLCs qualify as part of the game at least in my book.
    Oh don't get me wrong, I'll definitely buy a DLC if it compensates the endings or continues from where you left off. I want that happy ending or at least a closure. I'm just saying that it will most likely be a DLC like that rather than a free update. :3

Bioware said that they are ending the Shep story with ME3, does this mean that there could be an ME4 just not Shep as the main character? I've got a feeling that James Vaga has a future role to play in the story, i base this on him being new and introduced at the last minute.

10+ Year Old Account
    how many hours average does the story take?

Deleted
    haters gonna hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    Hard to say, but I'd guess 25-50 if you 100% it. Possibly faster if you know what to do beforehand. If you're talking just the main quest missions, fuck if I know, but I doubt it'd be longer than 15 unless you're really slow.

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Quite.
    But this makes me hopeful:
    http://twitter.com/#!/masseffect/sta...86320568926209

In before "Here's the real ending we planned all along! Buy it!".
    I hope that they actually have something planned and are not just trying to buy time. If they have somewhere to go with it, I'd love to see it. As it stands now, the game was amazing until the last 0.33% of it.

All Mass Relays destroyed? Space travel now takes years, decades, or even centuries to reach anywhere. The combined armies of the Galaxy have to survive off the food of Earth and any remaining liveships, assuming such food is even edible/nutritious for those races. Countless millions/billions will now starve because all supply lines are destroyed. If your planet cannot support your population, say goodbye. Colonies, mining stations, space stations. Bye.

An ending where the hero dies in a sacrifice to save everyone else? Sure, I can get behind that.
    Alternate endings that the only real difference is what color the light show is? Waste of time. Unite the galaxy; destroy it; it makes no difference to the ending. Still the same choices and the same results.

Compare that to ME2.
    Didn't upgrade the armor on your ship? Squad mates died because of it.
    Didn't improve your shielding? Characters die.
    Send the wrong person to do an assignment? They died.
    Your choices had consequences there. Here? Hallucinating Shepard either gasps or doesn't.

And why the hell did Joker run away like that?! Uh oh. Lost contact with Shepard. Better high tail it out of here. Ignore the battle raging around Earth, that's not important.

However, if I have to pay more for the actual ending of a game that I already paid for, I'll probably acquire the ending through.... other means.

Maybe I'll like the endings more after I wake up.

Oh yea, anyone else got excited that they might be able to drive that 6 wheeled tank again? I liked that thing and got my hopes up when hearing the final battle plan.

Quote Originally Posted by RevanSparda View Post
    A little top 5 about the best ME trilogy moments just for fun , contain ME3 spoilers

5- Normandy SR2 Revealed (ME2)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vy1E4eX484o

4- Battle for the Citadel (ME1)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNnd6oUEQ2I

3- Urdnot "BADASS" Grunt (ME3)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZN3oRmUn498

2- Rannoch Reaper Boss - Peace between Geth and Quarians (ME3)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oen2wTFnacg

1- Suicide Mission (ME2)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBjaMbpPNjE

Honorable Mention:

Shepard and Garrus "Bromance" (ME3)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YatcGMYg5Eg

My top ME moment has to go to talking with sovereign.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVKKWeDCOZs
    To me, the sheer fact that a reaper was that incredibly powerful and evil in Mass Effect 1 was completely lost in Mass Effect 2 and 3

That is followed closely by mordin singing in ME2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXiU6kiq_Ms
    Last edited by Vallin; 2012-03-14 at 09:34 AM.
    Thank You Shyama for the sig again!!

Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    Took me 36 hours to complete on the hardest setting, doing every side quest and talking to everyone, I deliberately took my time too.

I don't remember Mordin singing Must. Replay. ME2.
    (Took me about 20-25 hours on the default difficulty, honestly not sure where that 50 was plucked from)

"Emergency Induction Port. You mean a straw? EMERGENCY INDUCTION PORT!" - one of the best lines, though Garrus line is even better.
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

BioWare director stands by Mass Effect 3 ending, promises single-player DLC
    In an interview with Digital Trends, the director said he planned for Mass Effect 3′s ending to be somewhat controversial.

“I didn’t want the game to be forgettable, and even right down to the sort of polarizing reaction that the ends have had with people–debating what the endings mean and what’s going to happen next, and what situation are the characters left in,” he said.

“That to me is part of what’s exciting about this story. There has always been a little bit of mystery there and a little bit of interpretation, and it’s a story that people can talk about after the fact.”

People are certainly talking about the ending; some are so distressed by it that they have launched a surprisingly hefty campaign to get it changed. Despite that, Hudson stuck to his guns, saying what he’s “most proud of” is that the story “will be remembered”, and added that BioWare pays “very close attention” to fan feedback.

“It’s very important to us and we will always listen to feedback, interpret it and try and do the right thing by our fans. That’s why if you look at Mass Effect 2 we knew that people wanted to spend more time with a character like Liara, and so we created an ongoing storyline with her as part of the comics and then built it into the DLC stuff, and we’re always listening to fans,” he said.

“We have some really great multiplayer content and some really great single-player content coming over the air, and their feedback will become part of how we design that.”

Hudson gave another concrete example of how feedback has shaped the series – the inclusion of Tali and Garrus as love interests.

“From the outset, we didn’t envision them as characters that people would want to have a romance with,” he said.

“And yet they were successful as characters, and so popular amongst a lot of people that people really wanted to develop a relationship with them, so we integrated that from Mass Effect 2 and it’s become a big part of the series.”

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    See, in my playthrough that "girl" was with me on Earth during the final assault. You know, the one with no survivors. EDI would have been completely melted/destroyed/killed blah blah....Yet she still stepped out next to Joker at the end. How does that make sense?
    Did EDI step out next to Joker in your cutscene? For me I saw both Ashley and Samantha Traynor with him where they crashed on some random planet. Which is rather weird too because Ashley was with me in the final push for the Reaper Beam to the Citadel as well.... hahaha xD

Aaaalso I was wondering, I played the last part from destroying the cerberus base and onward twice, just to see both endings, but when you destroy the Reaper 'Mainframe' ? Or how it's called... you stand so close to it with your pistol that the little explosion of it kills you. Wouldn't it make more sense to take a step back and fcking survive it....
    If you choose to control the reapers I can understand you die, materialize as some kind of CPU in all the Reapers to be able to control them as some kind of huge synthetic entity but dying to a rather small explosion caused by a pistol.... bah.
    Last edited by mmocce0f4a8a81; 2012-03-14 at 10:03 AM.

Man, I hope that Multiplayer content is actually good. The current stuff is quite lame. Personally I'm content with ending, obviously your crew somehow being back on the Normandy is shit and other little plotholes like that - but generally I liked the ending.

Deleted
    Guys, please try to remember to put the spoiler tags to your opinions/discussions/whatever to stuff that has Mass Effect 3 spoilers. Especially the endings. Some people who browse the thread haven't finished the game yet and spoiler tags are there to keep the spoiler discussion hidden. :>

“We have some really great multiplayer content and some really great single-player content coming over the air, and their feedback will become part of how we design that.”
    Mmmm... Give. No idea how long that will take, though. D:

Quote Originally Posted by Wiki View Post
    -snip-
    You should really add spoiler tags on that. :/

---------- Post added 2012-03-14 at 11:11 AM ----------

Mmmm... Give. No idea how long that will take, though. D:
    That's my main concern as well. It could take a while.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post

That's my main concern as well. It could take a while.
    I mean it has been brought up multiple times that the players have been hinted to keep their Mass Effect 3 saves for "something". But it's a diffrent story how long people are actually willing to wait after the disappointmets they experienced. So even if we do get something amazing the people who wanted it most might've given up.

IDK did that make any sense, hahah. I can't really put what I mean into words.