Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    From what I heard on the radio at work it seems Chicago can still go after Mario Williams.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandon_Carr lol looks like Wikipedia jumped the gun a little bit... Even if it seems very likely at this point.

lol someone fixed the page
    Last edited by Amsden; 2012-03-14 at 01:04 AM.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would rather join the cowboys then the Browns,Raiders,Buccs,Bengals,Bills,Jags,Seahawks,Skins,Cards

Edit: lol they fixied it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Chicago signed Jason Campbell to be their back up. So if Cutler gets hurt they don't have to worry about Caleb Hanie, worst NFL QB ever, taking over.

as a Bears fan i am so stoked right now. this is what we have wanted for YEARS. finally they fire Jerry Angelo's ass and we start making some real progress

A real legit #1 WR and a real legit backup QB. Beware of the Bears my friends. Beware

PS: As much as Id love to get Mario Williams unless hes taking a big pay cut theres no way hes coming to Chicago. We are already forking over a ton of cash to Peppers we cant afford that much money on 2 Defensive Ends when we have more pressing matters at hand. Marshall clearly pushes WR need down the list but the bears are also weak in the secondary (Tillman is great but aging, safety play is average at best) and the offensive line while better than before still needs work.

But ya SO STOKED. BEARS!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    From what I heard on the radio at work it seems Chicago can still go after Mario Williams.
    Buffalo is making a big play for him apparently. They are apparently out at dinner with him along with Pro Bowl DT Kyle Williams to try and bring him in. Man it would be weird to see a significant player sign with the Bills.

---------- Post added 2012-03-13 at 08:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    as a Bears fan i am so stoked right now. this is what we have wanted for YEARS. finally they fire Jerry Angelo's ass and we start making some real progress
    Its every fans dream. The guy they hate, that they blame year after year for the failures of the team and shortcomings of the roster is fired then a new guy comes in and instantly fixes the problems everyone has been calling Waddle and Silvy and complaining about for years. Forte will be signed to a long term deal soon but they made sure to keep him with the tag. They get a top tier receiver for the first time since they had Moose Mohammed about 15 years ago it feels like. Legitimate back up QB. As a Lions fan, this is a sad day. The Bears are going to be appreciably better and probably aren't done yet.

---------- Post added 2012-03-13 at 08:50 PM ----------

Vincent Jackson has signed with the Bucs for 5 years $55.5555 million $26 million guaranteed. Second highest paid receiver in the NFL until Detroit reworks Calvin Johnson's deal as they are expected to do. Direct result of the Garcon deal in Washington causing inflation in the WR market.

10+ Year Old Account
    A rather reliable Ravens Insider at another site mentioned that Ben Grubbs agreed to terms with an NFC team but didn't know which team. I'm assuming it's the Saints since that's who he was visiting today.

An already sketchy Ravens OLine may have just gotten sketchier.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbren View Post
    A rather reliable Ravens Insider at another site mentioned that Ben Grubbs agreed to terms with an NFC team but didn't know who. I'm assuming it's the Saints since that's who he was visiting today.

An already sketchy Ravens OLine just got sketchier.
    Ouch. I was hoping they found a way to bring back Grubbs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Ouch. I was hoping they found a way to bring back Grubbs.
    Damn, you're fast. lol

I immediately went to edit a few words after I posted and you were already done before me. lol

---------- Post added 2012-03-13 at 08:58 PM ----------

Vincent Jackson has signed with the Bucs for 5 years $55.5555 million $26 million guaranteed. Second highest paid receiver in the NFL until Detroit reworks Calvin Johnson's deal as they are expected to do. Direct result of the Garcon deal in Washington causing inflation in the WR market.
    UGH .... F U Dan Snyder. Seriously.

This makes me hope even more that the Ravens find a way to bring back Lee Evans on the cheap. They're cap-tight as it is and I really don't wanna see them have to overpay for a crappy receiver.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

A real legit #1 WR and a real legit backup QB. Beware of the Bears my friends. Beware

PS: As much as Id love to get Mario Williams unless hes taking a big pay cut theres no way hes coming to Chicago. We are already forking over a ton of cash to Peppers we cant afford that much money on 2 Defensive Ends when we have more pressing matters at hand. Marshall clearly pushes WR need down the list but the bears are also weak in the secondary (Tillman is great but aging, safety play is average at best) and the offensive line while better than before still needs work.

But ya SO STOKED. BEARS!

Yeah, honestly this might just tip the balance of power in the nfc north to the bears favor, AND they got marshall for essentially nothing. (in my opinion) I sure hope so, because if there is one team I despise more then any in the league, its the Packers. I would much rather the Bears go then the Packers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of Offensive Linemen, I'm surprised none of them have signed yet. Seems like there are quite a few available this year: Steve Hutchinson, Levi Brown, Ben Grubbs (officially still out there), Carl Nicks, Jared Gaither, Scott Wells, Chris Myers, Eric Winston and Marcus McNeill. That's a lot of talent right there ... and I'm pretty sure I'm leaving a couple out.

---------- Post added 2012-03-14 at 08:00 AM ----------

- Reggie Wayne resigns with the Colts. 3 year deal, $17.5 mil.

- CB Cortland Finnagin signs with the Rams. 5 year deal.

- Brandin Marshall involved in some type of fight at a club 2 days before trade. A woman says he hit her in the face.

- WR Robert Meachem signs with the Chargers.

---------- Post added 2012-03-14 at 10:15 AM ----------

- Jets owner says they considered Peyton but "passed" on him. "We looked at the body of work of Mark Sanchez and wanted to put our faith in him. [...] Sanchez is not leaving." (I'm sure this had nothing to do w/ the fact that Manning probably took one look at the Jets and said, "lol, No")

- CB Eric Wright signs with the Bucs. They're also working on a long term deal for G Carl Nicks.

- Manning meeting with the Titans today.

- Bears lose out on DE Jeremy Mincey. He signs a 4 year extention to stay with the Jags. Something just seems wrong w/ that.

I'm still trying to figure out why Reggie Wayne would want to resign with the Colts after they parted ways with 2/3 of the team.

10+ Year Old Account
    But ya SO STOKED. BEARS!
    Can't really agree more with you. Firing JA was the first step to win the SuperBowl, hiring Emry seems to be just as great a move as firing JA. I can't wait till the seasons starts at 5 months. It's just yea... I don't get why they didn't fire JA earlier, and new OC... Fuck you Martz... We might actually use a TE now!
    Look what I found! http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,6928167.story
    Bears sign special-teams ace Weems

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbren View Post
    Speaking of Offensive Linemen, I'm surprised none of them have signed yet. Seems like there are quite a few available this year: Steve Hutchinson, Levi Brown, Ben Grubbs (officially still out there), Carl Nicks, Jared Gaither, Scott Wells, Chris Myers, Eric Winston and Marcus McNeill. That's a lot of talent right there ... and I'm pretty sure I'm leaving a couple out.

---------- Post added 2012-03-14 at 08:00 AM ----------

- Reggie Wayne resigns with the Colts. 3 year deal, $17.5 mil.

- CB Cortland Finnagin signs with the Rams. 5 year deal.

- Brandin Marshall involved in some type of fight at a club 2 days before trade. A woman says he hit her in the face.

- WR Robert Meachem signs with the Chargers.

---------- Post added 2012-03-14 at 10:15 AM ----------

- Jets owner says they considered Peyton but "passed" on him. "We looked at the body of work of Mark Sanchez and wanted to put our faith in him. [...] Sanchez is not leaving." (I'm sure this had nothing to do w/ the fact that Manning probably took one look at the Jets and said, "lol, No")

- CB Eric Wright signs with the Bucs. They're also working on a long term deal for G Carl Nicks.

- Manning meeting with the Titans today.

- Bears lose out on DE Jeremy Mincey. He signs a 4 year extention to stay with the Jags. Something just seems wrong w/ that.

I'm still trying to figure out why Reggie Wayne would want to resign with the Colts after they parted ways with 2/3 of the team.
    I don't get the Reggie deal at all. He could have gotten more money than that, going by the Garcon and Jackson contracts, on an actually competent team. I really figured he would end up signing with Miami with or without Manning. Real sad to see Finn sign with the Rams. I was really hoping the Lions could find the space to make a play for him as they need a quality CB like him.

I love that that new tidbit about Marshall's off the field actions comes out right after the deal is done and everyone is wondering how the Bears got him so cheap. You'd think millionaire athletes wouldn't get into so much damn trouble.

---------- Post added 2012-03-14 at 10:43 AM ----------

Tampa Bay has signed G Carl Nicks to a 5 year $47.5 million deal with $31 million in guaranteed money. $9.5 million per year for a guard. Not sure where that ranks, Sportrac are borked, but it has to be way, way up there.

---------- Post added 2012-03-14 at 10:46 AM ----------

Had I bothered to read the rest of the story, Nicks wanted to be the highest paid guard in the NFL. Tampa Bay did that by paying him $1 million more than Logan Mankins makes as the previously highest paid guard. Nicks is good, but just lol.

---------- Post added 2012-03-14 at 10:47 AM ----------

And in other news, the Bucs will still be the third or fourth worst team in their division depending on how Cam Newton performs in year 2.

---------- Post added 2012-03-14 at 11:15 AM ----------

OMG the Lions just gave Megatron the biggest contract in NFL history. 8 years, $132 million. $16.5 million per year. I think my brain just broke at how much money that is. $60 million in guaranteed money.

10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=conscript;15909029]

[/COLOR]Tampa Bay has signed G Carl Nicks to a 5 year $47.5 million deal with $31 million in guaranteed money. $9.5 million per year for a guard. Not sure where that ranks, Sportrac are borked, but it has to be way, way up there.

/QUOTE]
    That sure as kill the rumors of Bears close to take him.
    Also we need to teach Brandon is Bear down not beat down.
    Also both teams knew it: http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,5189105.story
    Thank god we got rid of JA, would be sad to see the Bears possibly end like the Cubs. At this point I feel very optimistic about the 2012 season. But let's see...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...module=HP11_cp
    What makes me sad is that Rogders have better protection than Cutty... Bears could improve there for sure.
    Last edited by Rivenda; 2012-03-14 at 03:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Had I bothered to read the rest of the story, Nicks wanted to be the highest paid guard in the NFL. Tampa Bay did that by paying him $1 million more than Logan Mankins makes as the previously highest paid guard. Nicks is good, but just lol.[COLOR="red"]
    This is why it's so hard for teams to repeat their success each year. Seems like 80%+ of the league would rather take more money and be on a terrible team than take a little less and be on a contender that drafted them. That makes literally no sense, especially considering that the Saints are probably going to pay out big for Grubbs.

OMG the Lions just gave Megatron the biggest contract in NFL history. 8 years, $132 million. $16.5 million per year. I think my brain just broke at how much money that is. $60 million in guaranteed money.
    I love Calvin Johnson, but that is sooooo much money.

You have team needs going into Free Agency and the first thing you do is take a guy that's ALREADY under contract and hand him the largest contract for a WR in NFL history. That makes no sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rivenda, any news on the story that Bush is visiting Chicago today?

---------- Post added 2012-03-14 at 05:54 PM ----------

Also that contract for Megatron is just... wow. Ties with Vick for the biggest contract per year in the NFL, yet still way behind the cash in various other sports.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like I missed something out lol. I didn't knew he was at Chicago.. I'm surpriced they even wanted him.
    My top 5 for what the Bears needs now is;
    1. DE
    2. WR
    3. CB
    4. OL
    5. TE
    And yea Megatron can laugh all the way to the bank with that deal. Sure he is good but tbh I think it's a bit overpriced. It's just... insane.

Mmm the only reason I can see why they want him is because they just KNOW that Forte will not sign another contract. Just seems like a RB that you would have as number 1 at some team, that needs one. Forte/Bush could be a good combo, and I welcome him if he is cheaper than what the Bears gave for Marshall.
    Good luck to Orton in Dallas. Is he going to be 2th QB?
    Last edited by Rivenda; 2012-03-14 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Bush

10+ Year Old Account
    Reported to be in Chicago today, and reportedly going to Cin on Monday (Apparently Hue Jackson's now working there as an assistant coach, I missed that one)

Meanwhile the Cowboys have just signed Kyle Orton to a 3 year deal.
    Last edited by Northern Goblin; 2012-03-14 at 06:08 PM.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    Meanwhile the Cowboys have just signed Kyle Orton to a 3 year deal.
    Don't worry Dallas fans. When Romo "collapses" and you demand the team goes to the back up, Kyle Orton is there to save the day. In all honesty, I think Bush's free agent tour ends in Cinncy on Monday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry Dallas fans. When Romo "collapses" and you demand the team goes to the back up, Kyle Orton is there to save the day. In all honesty, I think Bush's free agent tour ends in Cinncy on Monday.
    Indeed. It's imo better for the Bears to draft another RB than buying one. They could use a RB in Cin aswell.
    Here is an article about it from Chicago Tribune.
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...0,534807.story